Sign in to follow this  
ravenger

guns dont have enough power

Ok so I was making a base in a church and watching the door while my budies were out. A guy came into the church around the barbed wire and i shot him 5 times with a revolver while all he did was bleed and come after me. He hit me once while I have 8000-9000 blood and broke my leg dropped me to 2000 and I was bleeding. He hit me one more time and I was done. Now in real life that is pretty realistic if you hit someone with a hatchet but the guns power needs to be increased. In real life a revolver and 5 shots from a revolver would put someone on there ass and die. I just think this is kind of rediculous. This goes for all guns because they dont seem to have enough stopping power. I understand zombies die from one hit but the damage on players needs to be greatly improved if hatchets are going to be this powerful.

probably desync mate, it may have seemed the you hit him 5 times, but maybe you only hit him once...

Yeah ok my friend checked and he did die thats probably desync and I wish there was a fix but hey its the internet. Thats probably the worst part about this game online is you shoot someone say I unloaded a clip of ak74 on a guy he had like 1-2 seconds to shoot me and then he died. I almost died from that.

50 Cent didn't think so :P

But in all honesty, I think if you play on a closure server to you with lower ping then you'll be fine. I'm just assuming here but how far away is the server from you?

On this topic, I know this is really more of an ArmA2 issue than a DayZ one, but I'm finding it really difficult to get headshots with an M9SD. I don't think it's a power issue, but I'm pretty sure it isn't range as the zed I was trying to take down couldn't have been more than 5-10meters away.

I was crouched, holding my breath and taking my time but it took 6 shots before I finally hit it. There are other instances where a similar situation happened but none that severe. I'm fully aware it could be my aim or maybe I'm not used to the sight, but I do know that I have no problem with glocks or pdws.

This is twice I've found an M9SD now and twice I've swapped it for something else.

I would doubt that they fucked up weapon power, seeing this is a military simulation.

Also This is way more fun even if it was unrealistic. I love how modern games often give you some time to shoot your attacker when you already know that theres no way youre gonna survive more than 2 sec

.45 ACP kills most of the time with 1 bullet. Especially when you hit the upper torso and never takes more than 2 bullets if you hit the torso. So in other words most of your bullets missed the target.

Basically 7.62mm, .45 ACP and larger calibers kills with 1 and 5.56mm and smaller takes 2 or more.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapon_Comparison_Table

You can try these in gunrange map.

On this topic' date=' I know this is really more of an ArmA2 issue than a DayZ one, but I'm finding it really difficult to get headshots with an M9SD. I don't think it's a power issue, but I'm pretty sure it isn't range as the zed I was trying to take down couldn't have been more than 5-10meters away.

I was crouched, holding my breath and taking my time but it took 6 shots before I finally hit it. There are other instances where a similar situation happened but none that severe. I'm fully aware it could be my aim or maybe I'm not used to the sight, but I do know that I have no problem with glocks or pdws.

This is twice I've found an M9SD now and twice I've swapped it for something else.

[/quote']

It's because of the sights... At close range you need to aim lower. Also M9SD isn't nearly as accurate as the glock as example.

It's because of the sights... At close range you need to aim lower. Also M9SD isn't nearly as accurate as the glock as example.

Cheers mate, I thought I was just going crazy, I thought it felt less accurate than the glock. It's weird though, because the MP5 and M4 SD varients feel just as accurate as their none silenced versions, just with reduced range. Does the M9 itself have poor accuracy?