Sign in to follow this  
VibroKnife

Z(b)ambies

I know there's probly been a thousand of these threads before, but I'd like to get a recent one going to hear different people's opinions on how the zombies should be programmed, what they're difficulty level should be, their POT, how they should react and what kind of properties, attacks, or abilities they should be capable of. As we've all experienced from the mod the zombies in the SA will hopefully be leagues better than the mod's version.

We can only hope that their glitching will be resolved as well as animation and design.

Edited by VibroKnife

Honestly if the zombies dont walk through walls and closed doors it will be a huge improvement imo. Way more zombies in cities and in general.

Edited by electricfuneral

I hope that the hit detection, animations and such will be fixed so that you may take a clean shot at them. Right now all they do is zig zag around until they get close and immediately shift to attack you unavoidably. Then you bleed. Then you're revealed. Then you die. Not to mention how much health they have for a god damn zombie. 10 shots of a G17? Really? Headshots are you're only option. Which makes it hard considering how glitchy their animations are and how bad the aiming and gun mechanics in Arma are.

• Like 1

go to YouTube and watch the Standalone previews/video blogs.

They talk about making them smarter, faster, and more importantly (a modification I like) is roaming hordes. Trust me, once the glitches are fixed, we'll have a tough time as they plan on having at least 3,000 zeds on the server at any time. They will be there always, not just populated per client location like now.

I was trying Epoch for the first time ever last night (Ive always only played vanilla, and the original since day 1). I literally hit each zed with the hatchet 4 or 5 times, made clear hits, wacked across the head, and they were able to keep hitting me. I even got hit once from afar after I started running. I think more, quicker, smarter, but not stronger would be the best combination. I remember reading a while back that 'newer' zombies will be less effective as well and the ones that live may grow in strength (hp) and speed or something. So they can actually evolve as a more worthy opponent over time if they survive longer.

• Like 1

They talk about making them smarter, faster, and more importantly (a modification I like) is roaming hordes. Trust me, once the glitches are fixed, we'll have a tough time as they plan on having at least 3,000 zeds on the server at any time. They will be there always, not just populated per client location like now.

I was trying Epoch for the first time ever last night (Ive always only played vanilla, and the original since day 1). I literally hit each zed with the hatchet 4 or 5 times, made clear hits, wacked across the head, and they were able to keep hitting me. I even got hit once from afar after I started running. I think more, quicker, smarter, but not stronger would be the best combination. I remember reading a while back that 'newer' zombies will be less effective as well and the ones that live may grow in strength (hp) and speed or something. So they can actually evolve as a more worthy opponent over time if they survive longer.

That sounds pretty awesome.

yes, I am about to give up on epoch simply cos the zeds can land punches you like floyd mayweather from about 5 metres away while your swinging away at their head with a hatchet and getting nowhere. Total immersion ruiner. Speaking of immersion ruining, arent those human made player bases on epoch the ugliest things ever created? Im running around on an epoch server in the middle of nowhere and theres 5 safes in a field. Totally kills that dayz feeling. Its a horrible mod and goodness knows why it has become so popular.

• Like 1

I hope that the hit detection, animations and such will be fixed so that you may take a clean shot at them. Right now all they do is zig zag around until they get close and immediately shift to attack you unavoidably. Then you bleed. Then you're revealed. Then you die. Not to mention how much health they have for a god damn zombie. 10 shots of a G17? Really? Headshots are you're only option. Which makes it hard considering how glitchy their animations are and how bad the aiming and gun mechanics in Arma are.

Yup, only place i will shoot at zeds is indoors as they shamble towards me. Outdoors I dont dare get into shooting at zeds! I dont go hunting for the best weapons and ammo, I play for the sheer adventure aspect so gunning them zeds down in a hail of bullets outdoors like the youtube legends isnt an option for me as at best I will be carrying a pistol and a winchester!

Edited by Jock McScottish

yeah I miss the vanilla days where you could just last for days, weeks, or months with an axe and all the food and drinks you could find. I like the addition of certain items like needing to sanitize food or drinks or whatever, but taking out my ability to use a hatchet as a liable weapon when my hitting isn't the problem but the registered hits and zeds abilities is, is kind of deterring from my want to play.

Im going to try again here in a bit. Hopefully I have better luck the second time around. My first character lasted over 1 year...my new character on Epoch lasted about 30 minutes lol.

• Like 1

yeah I miss the vanilla days where you could just last for days, weeks, or months with an axe and all the food and drinks you could find. I like the addition of certain items like needing to sanitize food or drinks or whatever, but taking out my ability to use a hatchet as a liable weapon when my hitting isn't the problem but the registered hits and zeds abilities is, is kind of deterring from my want to play.

Im going to try again here in a bit. Hopefully I have better luck the second time around. My first character lasted over 1 year...my new character on Epoch lasted about 30 minutes lol.

I hear you my good man. I was playing on the old farts epoch server as I am an old cunt myself, and they seemed a good bunch of guys but I play as good guy lone wolf, and the zeds were so overpowered I found myself getting slapped to death by the zeds well within the half hour mark anytime I went anywhere near anything remotely interesting. Unlike your good self though, I don't last too long on any server cos I always try to be the good guy, and only shoot bandits on sight. I just love being the good guy, to the detriment of my playing ability.

Edited by Jock McScottish

I agree, 

Zeds have been made tougher to balance out its stupidity. I want fast zombies with good animations rather then clucky zombies that are powerful as hell.