Dagwood

How to properly reintroduce .50s

With the M4 it literally has two horizontal pins that can be taken out somehow holding the receiver together.

Remove top and the sights, barrel and chamber come with I think.

Not really sure what internals go which way.

If they introduced guns like this it would stop people shooting you when you take them hostage and they drop their guns, but then shot you with a gun out of their pack. They'd be putting their gun together and you'd be able to kill them before they killed you! 

Since the SA is focusing on more civilian weapons I'd love to see the takedown .22 and maybe a .308 or 7mm08 Bagara Scout included!

• Like 1

If they introduced guns like this it would stop people shooting you when you take them hostage and they drop their guns, but then shot you with a gun out of their pack. They'd be putting their gun together and you'd be able to kill them before they killed you! 

Since the SA is focusing on more civilian weapons I'd love to see the takedown .22 and maybe a .308 or 7mm08 Bagara Scout included!

It would also add a realistic value to small weapons that don't need to be disassembled.

The AKS-74u for example had a folding stock... But took up as much room as an AS50

A sawwed off shotgun might be incredibly valuable for the man that hates getting stuck up.

• Like 1

It would also add a realistic value to small weapons that don't need to be disassembled.

The AKS-74u for example had a folding stock... But took up as much room as an AS50

A sawwed off shotgun might be incredibly valuable for the man that hates getting stuck up.

I guess to counter the fact that they take out a gun out of their pack to shoot you when they surrendered the devs have to introduce an animation or a delay of some sort. An animation would be better since i can't just magically spawn a rifle out of my backpack into my hands when someone is pointing a gun at me without him having time to react...you know..i have to take off my pack > open it > get the gun out > chamber a round in case i haven't done that already > switch to fire > aim and shoot. Plenty of time to be shot 100 times. The same goes for trying to quickdraw a pistol, you will surely be shot attempting to do so.

• Like 2

Since the removal of the .50s, there have been many discussions about why or why not they should be introduced. Here are some pros and cons of reintroducing the weapon AS IS:

PROS:

Many players want it. Developers sometimes want to please the masses. Even more players do not want it in the game at all..

It has anti-material capabilities. And how is that supposed to help against anything in a zombie-apocalypse? No one has armored vehicles.

It has relatively higher range than any other weapons in the game currently. True, and that is partially the reason why it is so overpowered. The KSVK or Lapua are better for this.

It is capable of dropping any player or zombie in one hit. So can the Lapua and KSVK, which would be less-overpowered weapons.

CONS:

Many players also think that this weapon is over powered and throws off the balance of the game (devs can't please everyone as the weapon is now) It is ridiculously overpowered, and does throw off the balance of the game. I think the best solution, as I have stated before, is add the Lapua and KSVK

It can be used in close quarters combat like a shotgun or assault rifle. Yes, and this is ridiculous. It should take very long to bring it up to fire from the hip, similar to how it is in ACE mod but with less accuracy.

It does not reduce mobility True, and it should.

It has very little recoil It should have a lot of recoil to throw you off the target if you're standing or crouching, but when prone it should have just about enough to be able to see your target on the bottom of your scope.

It is semi automatic KSVK and Lapua is not. Problem solved there.

It can easily be hidden in an assault pack... KSVK removes the ability to have a backpack, so that is solved, and a lapua... well, it can stay, since it is a much smaller weapon.

Just my opinions. KSVK and Lapua should replace the old .50s. KSVK has no zeroing, a non-adjustable scope and you cannot carry a backpack, but it has the anti-materiel power of the old .50's. Lapua instantly kills, is bolt-action, and doesn't have that ridiculous amount of zeroing as well as a 5 round magazine.

These two would be the balanced options, weapons that are already in the game but not used.

Edited by dollon

I guess to counter the fact that they take out a gun out of their pack to shoot you when they surrendered the devs have to introduce an animation or a delay of some sort. An animation would be better since i can't just magically spawn a rifle out of my backpack into my hands when someone is pointing a gun at me without him having time to react...you know..i have to take off my pack > open it > get the gun out > chamber a round in case i haven't done that already > switch to fire > aim and shoot. Plenty of time to be shot 100 times. The same goes for trying to quickdraw a pistol, you will surely be shot attempting to do so.

Even so...

They won't know its on you by looking which rifles should do.

I know the perfect way to reintroduce the .50s.

Don't.