Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Hitting Players damages Vehicle.

Recently I've noticed that alot of players run over others for no reason at all. I was run over as a bambi on the coast many times. I've started to call this "RoS" "Roadkill On Sight". I just thoight it would be good to discourage RoS by causing damage to someones vehicle if they drive over a player. Once the player twacks against the hood damage is dealt to whatever is under the  hood.  Call me a brains-got-splattered-on-car bambi if you wish. I just find it extremely unrealistic and stupid that people RoS New-Spawns. 

• Like 7

Would make sense.  Our bones are pretty tough.  Could break the hood and dmng the engine or pop a tire.

A decent suggestion. I have spontaneously combusted from bumping a small bush before so it makes zero sense that hitting a survivor does nothing to your car. 

I was endlessly happy when they added the fuel siphon as it made sense to add it. It's good to see some good changes being made lately that address continuity issues. Like if I have a toolbox and can put wheels on a car, why can't I take wheels off a car? These kind of issues stack up and break the flow (imo). 

• Like 1

I think headlights, windscreen and hull would get damaged from that.

I hit a bambi once but he ran into the middle of the road. I guess he thought I'd go around him or stop, nope  :lol:

I like it....maybe include animals. Used to love the pitch black nights when all of a sudden a cow would just wonder into the headlights....used to scare the crap outa me. And imagine the convo's....."still on your way mate?"......"Nah man.....hit a cow and trashed the car :("

• Like 1

Recently I've noticed that alot of players run over others for no reason at all. I was run over as a bambi on the coast many times. I've started to call this "RoS" "Roadkill On Sight". I just thoight it would be good to discourage RoS by causing damage to someones vehicle if they drive over a player. Once the player twacks against the hood damage is dealt to whatever is under the  hood.  Call me a brains-got-splattered-on-car bambi if you wish. I just find it extremely unrealistic and stupid that people RoS New-Spawns. 

And not only that but depending on how fast you were going when you hit the bambi blood splatters on the windshield or something and you have to clean it off the windshield and disinfect it if it's a zombie's blood.

• Like 1

a car can easily go trough a person at 40km/h without much damage, if you use a military vehicle its even harder (UAZ as example.)

If you cross the person slowly you just then bo back and foward until splatter his body. No problems with that.

• Like 2

a car can easily go trough a person at 40km/h without much damage, if you use a military vehicle its even harder (UAZ as example.)

If you cross the person slowly you just then bo back and foward until splatter his body. No problems with that.

Military vehicles are probably tough enough to not take much damage, or anything reinforced. But that extra force could still make you loose control of your car.

If they just had first person only... Then I'd love for the body to fly up and go strawberrys on your windscreen as you slide around the road braking furiously.

May e if you jump at the perfect moment you can only seriously injure your legs as you roll over the roof and the car looses control.

They stop and get out expecting a bit of broken loot for the taking and then you mow them down.

Better hope they got some splints and morphine though.

• Like 1

Military vehicles are probably tough enough to not take much damage, or anything reinforced. But that extra force could still make you loose control of your car.

If they just had first person only... Then I'd love for the body to fly up and go strawberrys on your windscreen as you slide around the road braking furiously.

May e if you jump at the perfect moment you can only seriously injure your legs as you roll over the roof and the car looses control.

They stop and get out expecting a bit of broken loot for the taking and then you mow them down.

Better hope they got some splints and morphine though.

I agree with the loose of control unless you are in a ural then its no problem at all.

• Like 1

I agree with the loose of control unless you are in a ural then its no problem at all.

Yes, in a Ural it would be like hitting a small bird.