Sign in to follow this  
piffaroni

whats the max online players a server can have without lag

??

I just clicked the link in the guy's signature.

I'm confused.

Your confused... yeah i think you are because you quoted my post and showed me servers that i don't own because you were feeling petty against someone else 

• Like 1

I'm confused.

Quite obviously. Where do you see the uptime of my server? It's online all the time. No downtime experienced whatsoever.

I used to be a customer of DayZ.ST. Those servers were offline all the time and I had to switch IP atleast 10 times. If you don't like that and can't acknowledge the fact that you're experiencing massive problems with your servers that's not my problem.

Not to mention that my servers are official DayZ publichive, while the one you linked isn't and you're not even offering it. Why is that? And is a server with 15 players the best you can come up with? Are all the other servers down by any chance?

Edited by kichilron

Your confused... yeah i think you are because you quoted my post and showed me servers that i don't own because you were feeling petty against someone else

My bad, you posted right before I clicked quote and it used the wrong quote - it's fixed now.

Quite obviously. Where do you see the uptime of my server? It's online all the time. No downtime experienced whatsoever.

I used to be a customer of DayZ.ST. Those servers were offline all the time and I had to switch IP atleast 10 times. If you don't like that and can't acknowledge the fact that you're experiencing massive problems with your servers that's not my problem.

Not to mention that my servers are official DayZ publichive, while the one you linked isn't and you're not even offering it. Why is that? And is a server with 15 slots the best you can come up with? Are all the other servers down by any chance?

That server has 50 slots, we don't offer public hive servers because they won't approve our Instance ID requests. Yes all 2000 of our servers are down, that's the only one that is online. You got me. The server I linked is from Los Angeles, where I posted the statistics from and where we've never had any major problems. The DC/Dallas fiasco was regrettable and unavoidable, but has been remedied to the best of our abilities now.

Anyway it was just a polite jab because you responded like a massive douche when I was trying to help the OP with statistics about what kind of bandwidth requirements there are for hosting servers. Not really looking for a flame-off - if you don't like our services don't use them, such is the freedom of capitalism.

• Like 2

My bad, you posted right before I clicked quote and it used the wrong quote - it's fixed now.

**SNIP**

All good Ersan 

Just thought you were having a pop at me when i was giving sound advice.

my servers have great uptime btw 

• Like 1

That server has 50 slots

Meant players, sorry about that.

The DC/Dallas fiasco was regrettable and unavoidable, but has been remedied to the best of our abilities now.

Don't know what you're talking about, as I used to host EU-Servers and none of them have been online more than they have been offline. I haven't experienced any downtime-issues with other hosts I've tried since and it has been undeniably happening a lot and caused more downtime I could have imagined possible.

But I will remain as you wish and not keep this discussion alive, as it might derail if continued.

• Like 1

so im still wondering how many players can my 1 dedicated machine hold

can in hold 100?

• Like 1

can in hold 100?

On a 3.1GHz i5? Probably no more than 60, maybe 70 if you don't have many vehicles or mods.
  • Like 1

On a 3.1GHz i5? Probably no more than 60, maybe 70 if you don't have many vehicles or mods.

so if i wanted to make my server, epoch for example, it would allow less then 60 because its modded with epoch? so your saying 50 max for a epoch and 70 for a naked vanilla server? Since epoch, in theory would run less correct?

I thought I would be able to have 100 people lag free on my own device....

shouldnt my server tho, in theory have better performance then someone who rents it off the more popular server providers? since its only running 1 server?

it seems, like performance will be the same as on my other provider running who knows how many servers on 1 machine...

Edited by piffkush

so if i wanted to make my server, epoch for example, it would allow less then 60 because its modded with epoch? so your saying 50 max for a epoch and 70 for a naked vanilla server? Since epoch, in theory would run less correct?

I thought I would be able to have 100 people lag free on my own device....

shouldnt my server tho, in theory have better performance then someone who rents it off the more popular server providers? since its only running 1 server?

it seems, like performance will be the same as on my other provider running who knows how many servers on 1 machine...

Yes and no as i said before ArmAs game engine is not good with multiple cores they only really use one and a bit lol

in another words you can run 4 servers and still have the same performance as 1 running 

well, something like lag, should factor in with network speed also, I would think....

would it be possible to over clock my dedi for better performance?

has anyone attempted to ever over clock a true dedicated machine?

I see people over clocking to 4.5 mhz, I would like to try this.

if it breaks, its not my hardware, so I could careless, I paid for my month. Would it be possible or could it cause a meltdown?

Edited by piffkush

well, something like lag, should factor in with network speed also, I would think....

would it be possible to over clock my dedi for better performance?

has anyone attempted to ever over clock a true dedicated machine?

I see people over clocking to 4.5 mhz, I would like to try this.

if it breaks, its not my hardware, so I could careless, I paid for my month. Would it be possible or could it cause a meltdown?

Most server-grade CPU's do not allow overclocking.  Overclocking is for enthusiasts and home users, not for servers where you want everything to be stable.

If you really have an i5 (and not an e5) you might be able to attempt to overclock it if your host allows you (I certainly never would, and would probably drop a customer if I found out they were trying).  Trying to overclock a non-K (unlocked series) i5 would be a huge pain in the ass anyway, and may not be doable at all especially if you don't have KVM/BIOS access to the server (some hosts lock the BIOS with a password).  This is all assuming you have a chipset that allows it (most chipsets in rackmounted servers do not, for obvious reasons).

Yes overclocking would net performance gains that would allow for more players at the cost of stability.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Thats real nice 

as ersan said depending on hardware if its a true dedi then nope as the wont have the required hardware nor the access 

Thats real nice 

as ersan said depending on hardware if its a true dedi then nope as the wont have the required hardware nor the access 

oh, well I guess I will have to work with what I have...

also, I was going to ask, a dayz epoch server will lag more then a regular dayz server? since it has all the AI?

oh, well I guess I will have to work with what I have...

also, I was going to ask, a dayz epoch server will lag more then a regular dayz server? since it has all the AI?

Correct.

can in hold 100?

I would rather split the 100 players in multiple instances depending on how many cores your server has.

I used to run 25-50 slot servers on an AMD Opteron 8 core @ 2.6 GHz under Linux using Wine without any problems at all.

All servers were vanilla DayZ with regular restarts each 6 hours, not sure how Epoch/Origins perform though.