Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Self Blood Bags

Considering you have a knife, matches, wood pyle, are in a desolute area to make a fire and not draw attention and a cow right by you then yes eating a cow is getting close to being as easy as a BB. Still not as easy tho even with the given circumsatnces.

Killing and gutting a cow even if you have everything you need is still way more work than a BB. And if you are missing one peice of the puzzle (matches,hunting knife or etc) it can make things way harder.

Theres been times when Ive had better luck going from town to town eating all the canned food I can find than finding all the things needed to eat a cow. Talk about alot of work to get healed.

I am missing matches currently on my character in Vanilla. The last few runs I have done to find them have included 35+ possible spawn points for matches not including 3 deer stands where the chance of it dropping Matches goes up to slightly over 6%. I've run that path probably 8 times over the last week and have not found matches. However I have 6 bloodbags because raiding a hospital is not all that hard when it's dark and the population is lower. So whoever states "You can eat Beefsteak just as easily." is being a bit obtuse... it's not all that simple. 

• Like 1

I am missing matches currently on my character in Vanilla. The last few runs I have done to find them have included 35+ possible spawn points for matches not including 3 deer stands where the chance of it dropping Matches goes up to slightly over 6%. I've run that path probably 8 times over the last week and have not found matches. However I have 6 bloodbags because raiding a hospital is not all that hard when it's dark and the population is lower. So whoever states "You can eat Beefsteak just as easily." is being a bit obtuse... it's not all that simple. 

Theres always one or two things that are just impossible to find when you need it most. If its not matches its a hunting knife. If its not a hunting knife its a cow.

Theres always one or two things that are just impossible to find when you need it most. If its not matches its a hunting knife. If its not a hunting knife its a cow.

My favorite is having raw meat and water bottles I filled with water... a tin can, matches, hatchet, all that... and the game keeps telling me, "You must be in a forest and near a tree to gather firewood." Hey game, dark ground, lots of trees, this big tree right here... how is this not meeting the requirements? :) I guess I'll risk infection, eat and drink, then run over there and see if THAT counts as forest. 

• Like 2

Also how are people going to know their blood types? Unless they remember it's not like they can go and get it tested again.

i think SA will feature the kit to perform the test..

You don't need matches Dayz has oil barrels all over that can be lit without matches.

My favorite is having raw meat and water bottles I filled with water... a tin can, matches, hatchet, all that... and the game keeps telling me, "You must be in a forest and near a tree to gather firewood." Hey game, dark ground, lots of trees, this big tree right here... how is this not meeting the requirements? :) I guess I'll risk infection, eat and drink, then run over there and see if THAT counts as forest. 

To harvest any wood you have always had to be within a forest this has never changed and never will. You can not just walk upto any tree or group of trees you must be in a forest.

Self blood bags = Player created blood bags not that you can blood bag yourself. You still need two players to draw and give blood in this fashion. The only difference is the bags must be created and are no longer found in hospitals. (that's the plan anyway)

Blood types will also be added. So giving the wrong blood type to the wrong players would end badly.

• Like 1

I must admit that being able to give yourself a bloodbag with mouldy old blood found on a hospital floor is really quite ridiculous.

Bloodbagging yourself with blood you have taken off another player is a different story however, though i suppose it would have some sort of short shelf life.

I must admit that being able to give yourself a bloodbag with mouldy old blood found on a hospital floor is really quite ridiculous.

Bloodbagging yourself with blood you have taken off another player is a different story however, though i suppose it would have some sort of short shelf life.

I wish we could.

I think when you give another player the blood transfusion i may add a random system to give a choice ie

Start transfusion > Random chance of bad bag > player Notices an issue with bag do you proceed > yes/no

> yes > Player receiving the bad bag has new medical issues come up

> no > bag is dropped player does not get blood but carrys on as normal.

Give or take. But i see other issues coming up with this. More players would be worried about bad players giving the wrong blood and all that.

at the end of the day its a idea blood bagging wouldnt be done by 99.9 percent of anyone who doesnt have a idea what they are doing . people arguing about 1 person cant do it to themselves of course they could but the thing is you need to know how to not how many people it takes. also your current state of health plays a part in how you could apply it. if you close to death then i think and im guessing here as im not a doctor :lol: u wouldnt be able to do it.

people trying to make a video game to realistic end up often destroying the fun side of it which is mainly the whole reason for playing video games. this always needs to be rememebered when adding new things .

• Like 1

at the end of the day its a idea blood bagging wouldnt be done by 99.9 percent of anyone who doesnt have a idea what they are doing . people arguing about 1 person cant do it to themselves of course they could but the thing is you need to know how to not how many people it takes. also your current state of health plays a part in how you could apply it. if you close to death then i think and im guessing here as im not a doctor :lol: u wouldnt be able to do it.

people trying to make a video game to realistic end up often destroying the fun side of it which is mainly the whole reason for playing video games. this always needs to be rememebered when adding new things .

As always but what you see as fun others don't. No matter what happens we will never please everybody. 

Fine then put 4 cows on the entire map at the same spot and see how easy it is to gut a cow then.

The game crossed the line from survival to PvP long before self bloodbags.

I don't even remember how DayZ was before it crossed the line, all i can remember the bandits had BW camo clothing and tactical gear, and normal survivors did not shoot each other on sight nearly that often.

Self bloodbagging is unrealistic because, well taking blood from yourself? anyone who has given blood to charity  knows how fuzzy and near faint state you go. What about those people who are afraid of needles? Are you sure you could in those circumstances do it all by yourself, pumping a bag of blood to yourself, stick that needle in etc. Also I think bloodbagging should take atleast a minute because in real life it takes alot longer, but still ofc this is a game. And for a game that should be more survival centered than pvp, and if they are actually going to reduce kill on sight, i say neigh to self bloodbagging

Edited by Aporis

If you die you will die with or without self bloodbag, they usually help mostly against zombies, not much against players, you shoot 5 times to be sure he will die, 1 well made shot and he will fall anyway, then you wait his death.

• Like 1

You don't need matches Dayz has oil barrels all over that can be lit without matches.

To harvest any wood you have always had to be within a forest this has never changed and never will. You can not just walk upto any tree or group of trees you must be in a forest.

Self blood bags = Player created blood bags not that you can blood bag yourself. You still need two players to draw and give blood in this fashion. The only difference is the bags must be created and are no longer found in hospitals. (that's the plan anyway)

Blood types will also be added. So giving the wrong blood type to the wrong players would end badly.

So can we add chains to hang people up with, handcuffs to get them to site and then perform ritualistic bloodbagging on them without their consent?

Can you blood bag yourself to death? lol

• Like 1

if you cannot see shit when severely wounded, just turn off postprocessing from settings..screen will be black and white, but no more blurry

So can we add chains to hang people up with, handcuffs to get them to site and then perform ritualistic bloodbagging on them without their consent?

Can you blood bag yourself to death? lol

Sure anything you like. 

• Like 1

Been playing on some servers with Self Blood Bags recently. One of the worste things to happen to the game imo.

No need to be careful, cautious, avoid PvP situations and etc.

Go straight out and hunt people, mess up and and get shot a few times then no worries just Self BBag.

Sprint straight to the nearest barracks or place to get a good gun, F up and get swamped by zombies, no worries just Self BBag.

Self Blood Bags take teh real survival aspect totally out of the game imo. The introduction of self blood bags is where the game crossed the line from a Survival, Horror with a balanced amount of PvP to an all out competitve shooter imo.

I agree from my experience on most servers/mods that allowed self blood bagging.  But if done right, it's not so bad.  Venthos did it well in DayZ Redux.  When you self blood bagged in that mod, you had to be in a hospital or med tent, you didn't get as much blood back as you did when someone did it for you, and you had a chance of tearing an artery causing a severe bleed.  If it's done that way and there is a "cooldown" on how soon you could bag yourself again, it's not so bad.

Edited by H4YW1R3
  • Like 1

"all over" is a relative term. I know of a few in Cherno and maybe in Elektro... those are right out for a visit to cook meat. Also some military areas spawn them... but the point is that where there are oil barrels that can be lit there are not only zombies, but players that really like to shoot other players. Lighting an Oil Barrel is a sure way to attract attention and a bullet. I'll stick to my wilderness areas where I can try and quietly deal with small amounts of zombies(sneak past many of them) and mostly avoid other players while I am below 1/2 health.

As for the wood, I get that and agree. My issue is that there are times in the game where you are standing in a substantial amount of trees with the "forest" ground cover, basically what looks to qualify but it doesn't qualify. Alternately there are times you can harvest wood with no tree even near you. The qualifying ground sometimes seems a bit arbitrary. 

"all over" is a relative term. I know of a few in Cherno and maybe in Elektro... those are right out for a visit to cook meat. Also some military areas spawn them... but the point is that where there are oil barrels that can be lit there are not only zombies, but players that really like to shoot other players. Lighting an Oil Barrel is a sure way to attract attention and a bullet. I'll stick to my wilderness areas where I can try and quietly deal with small amounts of zombies(sneak past many of them) and mostly avoid other players while I am below 1/2 health.

As for the wood, I get that and agree. My issue is that there are times in the game where you are standing in a substantial amount of trees with the "forest" ground cover, basically what looks to qualify but it doesn't qualify. Alternately there are times you can harvest wood with no tree even near you. The qualifying ground sometimes seems a bit arbitrary. 

There is alot more around the map.

Welcome to Arma 2 surface types.

Fine then put 4 cows on the entire map at the same spot and see how easy it is to gut a cow then.

There are more than 4 spawn locations for blood bags and the medical boxes contain multiples of them when they spawn. They also can spawn at helicopter crashes if you don't want to risk a town. 

There is alot more around the map.

Yes, but you must admit that most of them are in locations where I would not want to go when low on blood. :) They are in locations I would go into fully healed and well armed... maybe with backup. 

Yes, but you must admit that most of them are in locations where I would not want to go when low on blood. :) They are in locations I would go into fully healed and well armed... maybe with backup. 

I guess we have no idea then. Not much point trying to correct anyone anymore.

Sure anything you like. 

ooooh

In that case, increase team bagging to 2 minutes minimum and a very slow increase to blood (10 points per second?) once the transfusion is done and if you introduce self bagging, make it 5 minutes to apply the bag

I guess we have no idea then. Not much point trying to correct anyone anymore.

No, no... correct me. I actually WANT to know where there are some in out of the way places. The ones I know of are:

In Factory areas - where large numbers of players loot to find parts for cars

In Military areas - where large numbers of players loot to find weapons

In Cherno - where large numbers of players loot

In Elektro - where large numbers of players loot

I mean I am typically a deerstand and out of the way barn looter for essentials and might hit a large city at night when the population is low but otherwise avoid them. 

Vague, "There are a lot more." is all good and fine but a "Check (small town x) sometime, you might be surprised." would be even better. :)

If you die you will die with or without self bloodbag, they usually help mostly against zombies, not much against players, you shoot 5 times to be sure he will die, 1 well made shot and he will fall anyway, then you wait his death.

You have a much better chance of surviving with self blood bags. With slef blood bags you can do anything you want and not worry about the consequences because you can just heal your self.

Well on the way to the hospital, you'll probably pass 2 or 3 cows and i'd hardly call it work killing and gutting them. My point was it's not particularly hard get enough food to heal you. I did also say the process should take a long time - this 30 second fix is complete BS

Not to mention you can only hold enough meat to totally heal your self like once and thats with a good backpack. You go to the hospital and use those inventory slots for blood bags they are going to last you for a long time. Self Blood bags are way to easy. You really cant compare self blood bags to going out and healing yourself by hunting cows. No offense but imo you might just be trying to troll.