Bizarre

A tip for an unwise chap

The left nipple's definitely my favourite.

Man, I'm trying to get this back on OP, I almost spat out my tea when I read that :D  

Edited by philbottle
  • Like 1

Man, I'm trying to get this back on OP, I almost spat out my tea when I read that :D  

That would be lovely. Also, I played last night and died once, and I played to-day and died four times from either getting eaten or falling. I've only played on vanilla servers, but I will try Epoch for a few minutes and see how that is. I've yet to find any vehicles, however, I found some guns -- but I lost them after getting eaten alive. Where might I find good weapons and vehicles to keep me alive longer, kind sir?

This is the best map for Chernarus.

When you spawn in, make a note of where you are. This is the only time you can find out. Then locate yourself on the map, and look for loot near by. You have different types of spawns, military, domestic, etc etc.

Don't judg a book by its cover though, a fire station counts as military, as does a deer stand. Fiddle with the map, you'll get used to it. Click on the dots to see what has a chance of spawning there, and what % it has.

A hatchet is going to be your best friend if you're rolling solo. The best place to find them is barns, which are the red roofed buildings with doors on both of the longer sides. Once you have one, open your inventory and right click ---> equip. A hatchet will take out a zombie in one shot (iirc, might have changed by now).

If the hatchet doesn't work, press R to "reload" it - they tend to be a bit glitchy.

Stay away from populated areas until you have mastered zombies. They're really easy to lose once you know how. They can only run outside, so if you have some after you, find a building with two doors and enter it. Once the zombies are all inside, run out the other door and leg it. They will in most cases lose interest before they ge to the door so you can make a clear getaway.

Learn to make a fire and cook. You can cook anything you can kill except zeds and players. Chickens, pigs, cows, you name it - these can all be eaten. You'll need a hatchet, knife and matches. If you have a handgun, even better. Find an animal and headshot it. then scroll over its body and butcher it. It'll have lootable food on it then.

Then find a nice tree and chop it down (again, mousewheel). This will give you a wood pile. Find a decent-ish secluded area and right click your matches in your inventory. Select build fireplace and then light it using the same method. Then mouse over the fire and select cook meat. Voila. You now have a small way of regaining blood.

Then you need to find medical supplies. You WILL get infected at some point, your character will start coughing and you'll slowly lose blood. Only way to cure this is antibiotics, so find some and guard them with your life. They're rarer than hollow pigshit though, so be careful.

After that, it's all up to you. Survival is what you make of it.

Good info here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/147661-my-survival-suggestions-for-noobz/

Also, I'm finding Epoch to be easier (I'm relatively new to playing DayZ). The fact that you can buy and sell stuff is nice, which means if necessary you can buy any item you're having trouble finding.

There are a few buildings to look out for. Firestations (big doors on the side with a tower), churches, grocery store, hospital, office building, warehouses, barns. Most of these have at least two entrances, making escape easier. Churches only have one, but they're big and it's easy to run around zombies that come in (as long as you don't have a horde in the doorway). The hospital doesn't have doors per se, but rather windows you shatter (throw an empty can at the far left or right window to shatter them all) and zombies can't cross the barrier (but will hit you if you stand too close).

Be careful of climbing ladders if zombies are around. You can get stuck on top of a building pretty quick, and you make yourself an easy target for snipers.

Running away from zombies is the way to go unless you have a lot of ammo and are a good shot. They only walk indoors, as mentioned. They also only walk up steep inclines, so head for the hills. They will chase forever, unless you get far enough away and break line of sight. This is very easy though. I like to run around buildings, hop over fences, etc.

Depending on what server you play on, you can also ask for help. Lots of people have Skype/Teamspeak, so you'd be able to talk without telling everyone your position. Sure, you might get ambushed, but there really are a lot of good people who will gladly help you.

This is the best map for Chernarus.

Actually, that's the worse.

It cuts off a lot of the Northern part of the map.

Edited by Hosty

if you are a noob DO NOT go into single entranced buildings, memorize which ones are what and have a gameplan to get out if one enterance gets blocked.

Actually, that's the worse.

It cuts off a lot of the Northern part of the map.

Fair play, but what's a better one then?

Right, hear a gunshot? Go batshit crazy and run, if yo think you can handle it, then approach cautiously.

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

Spawn in Kamenka/Solnichniy if you don't want immediate contact with other survivors/those evil bandits. If you have a melee weapon and you're chased by zeds the best thing to do is find a tree or a bush and hug it. If the bush is dense enough and you have brances and leaves between you and the zeds, they won't be able to hit you but you will be able to kill them. This also works without a weapon, you'll just need to wait for the zeds to lose interest. I also recommend playing some of the Arma 2 tutorials and getting a mod called Shooting Range 2 to get a feel of some of the weapons that are also in the DayZ mod.

Edited by Nuubio