Sign in to follow this  
jerry.iskander@yahoo.co.uk

Mining for iron silver and GOLD

Hello there

Perhaps worth mentioning you're after info about the Epoch version.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

what the fuck? gold in dayz the shit are you on about?

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

what the fuck? gold in dayz the shit are you on about?

Epoch 1.0.4.2 has iron ore veins that can be used to mine and craft gold. Not one of my favourite additions so far but I'll give it a  chance. 

WTF. I haven't tried epoch yet but I say leave that shit in Warcraft*

* My opinion might be wrong.Will reserve final judgement when I've actually played it.

• Like 1

Epoch 1.0.4.2 has iron ore veins that can be used to mine and craft gold. Not one of my favourite additions so far but I'll give it a  chance. 

so its runescape now? GREAT!

No, it's just more crafting.

Chester_le, check out the Epoch forums instead. 

You need to find an ore rock which appear in random locations like Helicopter spawns. Then you need to break down the ore and gather up the pieces. Then you will need a fire and full water bottles and you will be able to smelt the ore into whatever metal it is. The Iron can be used to make Scrap Metal(which is used in other crafting) and the silver/gold can be given to traders for goods. 

Not my favorite addition but it does get people searching around the map for things just like the random supply drops, helicopter crashes, and mass graves.

Why is everyone disliking the gold mining feature so much? I get that you dont want currency but you can still craft things with it im sure. Plus, how cool would it be to kill someone and find a gold-plated weapon?