Vuk11

Can pickup this but not that? O.o

Hey guys,

I've just spent the last 9 hours trying to get this game to work/connect, finally got onto an unpopulated Epoch server.

In a barn there is a toolbox and a hatchet, the prompt to pickup the toolbox comes up fine but nothing for the hatchet.

I've tried spinning the mouse wheel, middle-clicking, standing over it, G, first person, third person, I've even seen on a forum someone say to press CTRL/Alt/Shift then try. No prompt, no hatchet. Any ideas?

I've attached a screenshot.

Cheers.

post-172068-0-02210800-1381978198_thumb.

• Like 1

I could just be a glitched item if you cant even look at it in your inventory

Same thing now with this crowbar.

Are there just fake items laying around servers or something?

I found a tent with ammo in it that I could take, but not the crowbar nor the hatchet.

post-172068-0-74343100-1381980549_thumb.

When you look at a crowbar or hatchet, an option should appear that says "Take Hatchet" or something along those lines. When that appears, you press enter to pick it up.

You can't open the gearmenu on the Hatchet. You have to pick it up using your actionmenu (scrollwheel) or when it actually shows up on your screen press middle mouse button. It's sometimes extremely funny to find the option to do so - even I have problems finding it sometimes and when you're being chased by Z's it doesn't particularly make it easier. But you get used to it :-)

You have to find the 'sweet spot' where it will actually allow you to pick it up. Try zooming in and looking up and down the hatchet very slowly until the 'take hatchet' command pops up.

• Like 1

What mZLY said.....sometimes your crosshair isn't even on the hatchet to get the option lol :D

Hi Vuk,  unfortunately none of the people in this thread have experienced what you are going through.  So they are trying to tell you what to do when there isn't a problem but when the problem occurs you're stuck.

However, I have experienced what happened to you and I can tell you, sadly, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.  It's a glitch that seems to be happening more and more frequently.  It's as though you are looking at a drawing or a bit of the wall, for example.  There are no menu options for you to pick up stuff or roll your mouse over. There are no "sweet spots" as there are when the game is working properly. 

There's nothing you can do unless some one can work out what is going wrong and then repeat that error predictably, so the devs can address it.

Edited by Sula

If it is on Epoch I am willing to bet it is one of the ones with all kinds of added scripts. My friend found a MORTAR in a deerstand and the server was just so ridiculous I had to try it. All the additional scripts bugged out hatchets, crowbars, and some other toolbelt item you then couldn't pick up...  In any case the solution was to not play on that server because you could never pick up a crowbar. Luckily you started with a shotgun so you didn't need an axe to fight off zombies.  :rolleyes: