Anomal

Server is getting desyncs @ 30 players... please help!

Hey, my server got a pretty high perfomance and everyone is playing on it got more fps than on other dayz server... the pings are perfekt and there are no laggs. But sometimes the playermark reachs 30 players there are some desyncs, sometimes 30 seconds of desync...

CPU usage @ 30 Player is at ~20% and ram usage @ ~10%
Server is running on 5 cores

Server got 1GB internet speed

Here is my config:

MinBandwidth=125829120;MaxBandwidth=2147483647;MaxMsgSend=92;MaxSizeGuaranteed=92;MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;MaxCustomFileSize=0;Windowed=0;adapter=-1;3D_Performance=1;Resolution_Bpp=32;class sockets{    maxPacketSize=1400;};serverLongitude=9;serverLatitude=50;serverLongitudeAuto=9;serverLatitudeAuto=50;
Edited by K3L3G

do your restart your server every 3 hours ? It's quite mandatory?

do your restart your server every 3 hours ? It's quite mandatory?

i restart every 6 hours... server where running 2 hours @ 30 players desync

I wouldn't go with 6 hour cycles when you have more than 30 players online regularly. Also - how bad is the desync? You shouldn't worry about it when it's in the normal range - just start worrying about it when it actually becomes unplayable. What is your max ping at? And do you actually feel the desync or do you just have the chain coming up?

Damn Germans and their English :D 

Edited by kichilron

I wouldn't go with 6 hour cycles when you have more than 30 players online regularly. Also - how bad is the desync? You shouldn't worry about it when it's in the normal range - just start worrying about it when it actually becomes unplayable. What is your max ping at? And do you actually feel the desync or do you just have the chain coming up?

Damn Germans and their English :D 

the desync happens every ~15 min for 10-30 seconds...

Pings are still pretty awsome... some players have a ping of 25 while 32 players where online

I'm not sure.. about the chain, but all players are getting the chains at the same time!

Edited by K3L3G

The number of cores does not matter, ArmA 2 is (mostly) single-threaded. You need a high-clockspeed CPU to run a server with a lot of players.

restart every 3 hours with 30 active players and make sure you have a big clock speed.

32gb 1600mhz
8x 4ghz

Edited by K3L3G

Hey, i'v got a server with 8 cores, 32gb ram and 1gb connection... i'v got like 15-40 players on my server and it has got 65 slots. The players on my server are moaning about netlaggs. They got boostet fps on our server and the ping is pretty awsome... Sometimes a pretty little desync @30+ players

What can i do against the netlaggs? Please help me :)

netlaggs = pretty small jumpy laggs while running, like every 5 second

MinBandwidth=125829120;
MaxBandwidth=2147483647;
MaxMsgSend=92;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=92;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
    maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=9;
serverLatitude=50;
serverLongitudeAuto=9;
serverLatitudeAuto=50;

Edited by K3L3G

Hey bud. My assumption is that you have custom scripts on the server and this what usually happens.

These are the settings I use and it seems to work very well with up to 80 players:

MinBandwidth=104857600;MaxBandwidth=1073741824;MaxMsgSend=256;MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;MinErrorToSend=0.003;MaxCustomFileSize=0;Windowed=0;adapter=-1;3D_Performance=1;Resolution_Bpp=32;class sockets{	maxPacketSize=1400;};serverLongitude=-84;serverLatitude=34;serverLongitudeAuto=-84;serverLatitudeAuto=34;

A word of advice: try not to put a bunch of posts here with similar issues as it appears as if it were spam.

HXC57mX.png

Edited by Pwnoz0r
  • Like 2

Ok, thanks... than now i'v got the netlaggs and desyncs fixed... but what's about the hive error?

Ok, thanks... than now i'v got the netlaggs and desyncs fixed... but what's about the hive error?

What happens (what are you doing) when this error shows up in the console? The only time I've received this error is when objects aren't being published through the correct protocols (the information being sent to the server is "bad"/invalid data and the server cannot process (store) it correctly in the database).

When i'm starting the server, after it's first time connection to the database it shows up this error...