bearbeat

Zombies = Players?

Hello fellow survivors!

Im new into DayZ since a few days back. Im starting to learn the game now slowly but ive noticed by watching several videos and streams players always say like "theres some zombies, watch out for players" etc.

Is it true that if theres zombies in a location, there have been a player there very recently?

Thanks for the help.. other survival tips gamebreaking things, please support me :)

thanks!

if you see zed in the distance it means a player is or was recently there.

Zed?

Zed = Zombies. It's Slang. 

Zombies mean people, if you aren't very close to them. So if you see zombies in the distance, it's safe to assume people are there.

• Like 2

People spawn zombies or zeds :p If you see them, It means someone is nearby or they wouldn't be there.

• Like 1

Zed = Zombies. It's Slang. 

Zombies mean people, if you aren't very close to them. So if you see zombies in the distance, it's safe to assume people are there.

Thanks.. so if lets say i run over a field.. and in the tree line seeing lots of zombies in a small town. i mean how do i know the zombies havent spawned bcz of me? :) are we talking an open field length as "distance" or what could you compare the "distance" with?

thanks =)

• Like 2

100 meters more less to spawn zombies..if you have a map you can easily check if you spawned them.

Knowing that will come from experience. After a while you will know your zombies.

• Like 1

100 meters more less to spawn zombies..if you have a map you can easily check if you spawned them.

Isn't it 150 meters?

The spawn distance seems to change a bit every patch.  Usually beyond 200-300m you won't spawn zombies at all, which is a good distance to scout anyways.  You can also tell by gauging how long zombies have been around.  Usually if they're clumped together, near or inside buildings, you have spawned the zombies.  And of course, if you hear or see aggro far away, you not only know other players are nearby, but they are also in town.

There are sooo many variables in this game that let you "play" the system. Once you learn them all, it ain't worth playing anymore.

Hopefully that will be fixed in SA.

• Like 2

There are sooo many variables in this game that let you "play" the system. Once you learn them all, it ain't worth playing anymore.

That was wat i were afraid of... but i feel I have a disadvantage against other players when i dont know these things.. because i can run into a town thinking this is a zombie surivival game ofcourse theres zombies in this town. a little while later someone just runs up and kills me, oviously because hes scouted from far and see the zombie spawns which tells him im in town.

now ill be more prepared next time

Should be, zombie spawning at least, its one the things i'm looking forward to the most for the standalone, zombies will spawn when the server starts not just when a player is nearby.Its a huge gamechanger, paranoia will increase dramatically as you'll no longer have the player radar that is the zombies in the mod.

• Like 1

Should be, zombie spawning at least, its one the things i'm looking forward to the most for the standalone, zombies will spawn when the server starts not just when a player is nearby.Its a huge gamechanger, paranoia will increase dramatically as you'll no longer have the player radar that is the zombies in the mod.

Exactly!

I mean im a new player and i have HUGE disadvantage playing against someone who knows about this. Have this subject been up before? Heard anything about future of DayZ?

Exactly!

I mean im a new player and i have HUGE disadvantage playing against someone who knows about this. Have this subject been up before? Heard anything about future of DayZ?

Oh yeah, mentioned loads of times, but theres nothing they can do about it in the mod unfortunately, having that many zombies would result in everyone playing at 1 frame per second.

The standalone will be different as the zeds will be handled by the server not the client.

Edited by Fluxley

Oh yeah, mentioned loads of times, but theres nothing they can do about it in the mod unfortunately, having that many zombies would result in everyone playing at 1 frame per second.

The standalone will be different as the zeds will be handled by the server not the client.

Thats really awesome :) can't wait! ive heard rumours that the standalone is close for alpha release!

If they fix the zombies and the loot farming (from my research they will be) it'll make the game much more dynamic, and not a question of numbers/timing. :)

I've always considered any zombies beyond 200m to be a stranger's doing. Your best bet, if your curious, is if you see zombies at that range, to hide and survey the situation. If they disappear and you're 200m or so out, then you know it's clear.

If they stick around, move back a little. If they persist, then you know someone is in the town and you should be ready to engage if it comes to that. Generally people get a few zombies on them as they leave and you can decide if they're worth taking a shot at or if they're a waste of ammo. Please don't be the type who thinks everyone deserves a few rounds. If that's you then just run into the town and find them.