hairylemon

Adding .50s Back In

When are you guys going to add the .50s back in???? And before anyone starts "Oh but there too op and unfair" Its dayz rocket has said many many times that the game is not made to be fair its meant to be unfair  if you don't like it go play another game, those are rockets words not mine. I just think that the .50s where kind of an end game for most players, and now that they are gone there is just that little bit less in the game to do and find, blowing up a car as it speeds along NWAF with your AS50 and your only mag of NATO wondering if it was worth wasting that round, was just so awesome. The .50s where pretty much your Anti-Bullshit gun and they where super rear too, if a heli was screwing with you or your mates and they saw you had a .50 they would get out of their straight away, that excitement when you saw a dude running with one and that you might just might be able to get that weapon after a short firefight was amazing and if you are going to say "Oh but being able to kill someone at 1500m is way to unrealistic or unfair" i have taking people out at over a km with an m24 and even once with a CZ and know others who have done so too and anyway half the time the fog is so bad you cant see the end of your gun let alone a dude 1500m away and addressing the unrealistic part i have any weapons my self and have made shots to over a KM so a civilian can do it. BUT it is definitely way to easy in arma, the ace sniping system is as close to realism as you can get in a game.

Also how come there was never any official reason that such a big part of the game was removed?

Edited by HairyLemon
  • Like 2

Why don't you play Arma you can use it their to it's full capabilities.... It has no place in Dayz

• Like 5

Why don't you play Arma you can use it their to it's full capabilities.... It has no place in Dayz

i do frequently, but dayz gives a different feeling, that feeling when you have just killed someone and know that they have spent hours getting what they have, that adrenaline rush when you get in a firefight, in DayZ you actually have something to fear where as in arma you respawn and get a new gun out of the crate. I believe it does have a place and i know others do too, does the M240 have a place? Not really yet its still in DayZ

• Like 2

I will end with a quote from a smart man "DayZ is at best unreasonably cruel" Yahtzee Crowshaw 

You realise you just quoted Yatzee quoting rocket right?

50. cals were taken out of the game because they were un-authentic, why would you need any form of anti-vehicle weapon when you're killing zombies.

they were also ridiculously over-powered, more effective than pretty much every CQC weapon up close if you used it right, easily spammable at a moments notice spawned in by every hacker ever and their spawn chances were probably up'd by tons of servers owners too.

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 6

You realised you just quoted Yatzee quoting rocket right?

yeah i know, just clicked in my head, edited thanks :)

Edited by HairyLemon

The game at one stage was simply overflowing with AS50's and M107's it was just fecking ridiculous. I remember getting shot by a ghillie suit dude in Elektro, he was standing at the Altar when i walked in and he shot me with a fecking as50.

Ghillie suits...ghillie suits with as50's everywhere.

• Like 8

The game at one stage was simply overflowing with AS50's and M107's it was just fecking ridiculous. I remember getting shot by a ghillie suit dude in Elektro, he was standing at the Altar when i walked in and he shot me with a fecking as50.

Ghillie suits...ghillie suits with as50's everywhere.

yes i know it was ive been playing the mod almost since it game out, but most of that was due to hackers, with the hackers significantly reduced now AS50s would not be any where near as common, What was the first thing that a hacker usually had a ghille suit and a as50.

No. No .50cals.

They never should have been in the game in the first place, so that the level of whining over them never would have occurred.

• Like 5

No. No .50cals.

They never should have been in the game in the first place, so that the level of whining over them never would have occurred.

Why not?

.50's are unrealistic in every manor.

inb4yard.

lol how?? They are definitely realistic i have 2 my self (IRL)

The ONLY reason i could think of why you would need a 50 cal weapon in New Zealand

big_sheep_by_mastr_art-d5jf7j3.jpg

• Like 15

You're 18 years old and own two .50's? Hmm, okay..

They're completely unrealistic because in a survival situation, nobody is going to be carrying a 30lbs gun (not including optics, bipod, ammo, etc), plus all their other gear. In a given survival scenario, people want to take what they can manage. If someone were to need a longer range weapon it would be practical to have something such as a 7.62, or a .308, etc. Something such as a .50 is just too much to manage weight and size wise, not to mention how much of a bitch it would be to shoot (extreme amounts of kick, sound, dust kickup, etc).

• Like 9

yes i know it was ive been playing the mod almost since it game out, but most of that was due to hackers, with the hackers significantly reduced now AS50s would not be any where near as common, What was the first thing that a hacker usually had a ghille suit and a as50.

It's also extremely easy to dupe weapons, and if something so rare and valuable was introduced, it would be duped to all Jesus.

• Like 2

Why not?

Well... for one. This is a post-apocalyptic zombie game that is not military focused. .50 caliber rifles are meant for anti-vehicle purposes OR extreme long range anti-personnel. Anti-personnel is not  a focus of the mod, regardless of how players (like you) think the game should be, and you don't need a .50 cal to disable any vehicle in the mod.

For two. You do not own two .50 caliber rifles. I'll believe it when I see it, but for now... I'm calling you on your bullshit.

For three. It's just plain unrealistic. The chances that you're going to run into a .50 caliber anti-material rifle in a situation such as the one that a survivor is put, is slim to none. As50s and m107s represent EVERYTHING that DayZ IS NOT meant to be.

• Like 8

It also severely depressed the skill curve in pvp. As others have said, it is far too versatile in the mod for a 35lb+ Anti-material rifle.

Make the weapon unusable except from a prone position after unpacking it? Then you're taking a step in the direction of balance and "realism".

The gunplay in FPS as we have it today is highly unrealistic (although constantly closing the gap). The .50 in dayz highlights this limitation in our current level of sophistication.

It cannot be reintroduced as we had it before. Period.

Edited by Dagwood

Those kinds of weapons fill a kind of niche that is not present in DayZ, that being the need to punch through thick armor from a distance. If in the standalone it's possible to find such vehicles (which I doubt) AND weight is taken into account with guns/gear, then it could be a one in a million gun and it could be justified. But at the moment all it's used for is killing people and wrecking cars in 1 hit, both is extreme overkill. Plus you can sprint around with such a heavy gun with no issues with the weight. Then there's the duping and hacking in of weapons that makes such a 'rare' gun way too common. However even if these things are fixed in SA I don't think such a powerful gun has a place in DayZ.

For two. You do not own two .50 caliber rifles. I'll believe it when I see it, but for now... I'm calling you on your bullshit.

This, "pics or it didn't happen". I'd say a photo with the guns + either today's paper or the date on a piece of paper with your forum name should be enough. Until then, nobody believes an 18 year old living in NZ has 2 .50 rifles, even if it's completely true, without pics.

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 3

I doubt you fire it standing very easily.

• Like 1

I have one of these at home here is a photo

zombies_vs_guns.jpg

Edited by Conkykillz
  • Like 8

The ONLY reason i could think of why you would need a 50 cal weapon in New Zealand

big_sheep_by_mastr_art-d5jf7j3.jpg

Lol'd at this.

• Like 1

They are definitely realistic i have 2 my self (IRL)

Im calling Bullshit on this one.... 

In order to obtain an AS50 on NZ soil, you MUST hold a CURRENT "E" Category firearms Licence.... which is a about a 6 month process, requiring a minimum of 4 referee's ( two of which must already hold "E" Cat licences ) aswell as have incredibly strong home security, and above all else you must prove it is necessary for you to own one, hunting and pest control do not count.....

On top of the fact you would need a importers licence to bring one in yourself, or have an importer do it on your behalf.... and that wont be cheap... 

But i see you live in Coatsville.... So i guess the money wouldnt be an issue right  ;)

Edited by Dr-Shade
  • Like 7

They should make it so you break your shoulder if you fire a .50 standing.

I don't know if it is realistic or not (Probably isn't), but it would still balance them a lot.

• Like 1

They're completely unrealistic because in a survival situation, nobody is going to be carrying a 30lbs gun (not including optics, bipod, ammo, etc), plus all their other gear. In a given survival scenario, people want to take what they can manage. If someone were to need a longer range weapon it would be practical to have something such as a 7.62, or a .308, etc. Something such as a .50 is just too much to manage weight and size wise, not to mention how much of a bitch it would be to shoot (extreme amounts of kick, sound, dust kickup, etc).

1. 7.62 and .308 is the same round

2. A .50 is not 30 lbs not including optic etc, it would be 30lbs including those things

3. Ok so it might not be practical i a survival situation but that is up to the survivour whether or not he wants to deal with the hassle. 

4. All the weapons are mine and my fathers and ??? what if im 18 and have 2 .50s, a .338 multiple .308s and .223s and then more pistol calibers than i can count

It's also extremely easy to dupe weapons, and if something so rare and valuable was introduced, it would be duped to all Jesus.

Duping no longer works

Im calling Bullshit on this one.... 

In order to obtain an AS50 on NZ soil, you MUST hold a CURRENT "E" Category firearms Licence.... which is a about a 6 month process, requiring a minimum of 4 referee's ( two of which must already hold "E" Cat licences ) aswell as have incredibly strong home security, and above all else you must prove it is necessary for you to own one, hunting and pest control do not count.....

On top of the fact you would need a importers licence to bring one in yourself, or have an importer do it on your behalf.... and that wont be cheap... 

But i see you live in Coatsville.... So i guess the money wouldnt be an issue right  ;)

1. My father holds the license currently with all endorsments except for the salesman license

2. i never said we had an AS50 i said we had .50s, also you can get stores to import weapons for you