Sign in to follow this  
potapmisha

Useless helicrashes

If you want more realistic, you can imagine that choppers was carrying weapons. Or it gonna be replaced with C-130Js. But random locations is the best way to rare weapon spawn

I agree, I just don't think it's very realistic that UH-1Y/Mi-8 crashes would be carrying anything more than some medium tier military equipment and possibly the mounted weaponry.

I agree, I just don't think it's very realistic that UH-1Y/Mi-8 crashes would be carrying anything more than some medium tier military equipment and possibly the mounted weaponry.

Mi-8 uses as cargo carrier too. Really, UH-1Y should be replaced with plane, or NATO cargo helicopter like CH-47 (Chinhook). But for now we don't even have normal loot on crashsites...

Edited by potapmisha

Battlefield is not a sim by any stretch.

And on topic; Helicopter crews would be the least likely to be carrying ultra-rare weapons. They usually only carry light personal defense weapons (like handguns, sub-machineguns and carbines) in case they get downed or need to land. The only instance I can see really rare weapons being in aircraft crashes would be if they were cargo aircraft carrying weapons. 

It makes more sense that you're finding an MP5A5 and M4A1 at a helicopter crash than an MK48. You'd even be able to justify the M240 more because it is used as a helicopter door gun (Which could actually be an awesome idea; you could potentially get a high-grade machinegun like a PK or M240 but you'd have to have the correct tools to dismount it)

Ultra rare like M4, M9, smoke grenades, food supplies < it's pretty funny nobody mentions that they chould also have MREs on board - it's just weapons weapons weapons....bah i'm ranting again...better go offline.

Actually the miniguns on those UH-1s should be salvagable or at least the 3000 rounds of ammo they carry. And you could attach the FFARs on your Skoda and propel yourself down the coastal road up to Berezino or like Kung-Fu-Panda-Mythbusters-Reference.jpg...just don't forget the parachute.

Mi-8 uses as cargo carrier too. Really, UH-1Y should be replaced with plane, or NATO cargo helicopter like CH-47 (Chinhook). But for now we don't even have normal loot on crashsites...

Chernarus doesn't have NATO equipment...why do you confuse C-130 with Antonovs and Chinooks with Mi-8/17?

Edited by Enforcer

Ultra rare like M4, M9, smoke grenades, food supplies < it's pretty funny nobody mentions that they chould also have MREs on board - it's just weapons weapons weapons....bah i'm ranting again...better go offline.

Actually the miniguns on those UH-1s should be salvagable or at least the 3000 rounds of ammo they carry. And you could attach the FFARs on your Skoda and propel yourself down the coastal road up to Berezino or like Kung-Fu-Panda-Mythbusters-Reference.jpg...just don't forget the parachute.

Chernarus doesn't have NATO equipment...why do you confuse C-130 with Antonovs and Chinooks with Mi-8/17?

No NATO equipment in Chernarus? LOL. If you want to remove NATO weapons from DayZ, you have to add a lot more Russian weapons, like all AK variants, machineguns, sniper rifles (KSVK, VSS Vintorez, and more rifles like SVU that not currently added even to Arma), more hunting rifles, like SKS and more, more, more... I hope we will see this in SA, but now we can use NATO stuff. It was in DayZ since the earliest patches, let's don't change this in mod. We (and devs too) will have a lot of problems.

No NATO equipment in Chernarus? LOL. If you want to remove NATO weapons from DayZ, you have to add a lot more Russian weapons, like all AK variants, machineguns, sniper rifles (KSVK, VSS Vintorez, and more rifles like SVU that not currently added even to Arma), more hunting rifles, like SKS and more, more, more... I hope we will see this in SA, but now we can use NATO stuff. It was in DayZ since the earliest patches, let's don't change this in mod. We (and devs too) will have a lot of problems.

You don't consider that the guy who made the loot table might have been a western weapons fanboy? There are a ton of eastern bloc weapons in ArmA incl. all it's DLCs. At least enough to not make the mod look like DayZUSA. I have only found three assaut rifles so far but at least triple the amount of US assault rifles. If you farmed for weapons it was even worse.

Edited by Enforcer

I think that ultra rare weapons should be rare but also guarded by tons of zombies and another ton of zombies so a fresh spawn cannot just run and take it. To get that ultra rare gun you must kill zombies before it and to do that you need friends or tons of weapons and ammo.

Battlefield is not a sim by any stretch.

So Battlefield is not simulating a battlefield? I didn't say they were doing it well but it is what it is.

I did say that it would be a better choice for someone looking for military grade gear used for killing people. Also, when a zombie apocalypse happens and a base is over taken, I would think the barracks or some other general use building would be where they made their last stand. And when they get up and walk away as zombies that would seem the most likely place to find the gear they left behind. Maybe today, when nothing is happening an armory would be the likely place to find it but I doubt anything would be left behind there during the end of days.

So Battlefield is not simulating a battlefield? I didn't say they were doing it well but it is what it is.

I did say that it would be a better choice for someone looking for military grade gear used for killing people. Also, when a zombie apocalypse happens and a base is over taken, I would think the barracks or some other general use building would be where they made their last stand. And when they get up and walk away as zombies that would seem the most likely place to find the gear they left behind. Maybe today, when nothing is happening an armory would be the likely place to find it but I doubt anything would be left behind there during the end of days.

Battlefield is still an action shooter pretending to be a battle simulator.

And when you die you don't turn into zombies.

They don't have to remove NATO equipment, it's not like it's set in stone that we can ONLY have Eastern Bloc weapons. NATO may have intervened or Chernaus may have purchaed NATO equipment.

It's not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

i dream of a SA where a crash site means broken stuff..blown mags and a rifle to fix using the components of 4-5, all to have one which probably will explode in your face...

Actually the miniguns on those UH-1s should be salvagable or at least the 3000 rounds of ammo they carry. And you could attach the FFARs on your Skoda and propel yourself down the coastal road up to Berezino or like Kung-Fu-Panda-Mythbusters-Reference.jpg...just don't forget the parachute.

NATO equipment is not just used by the US. The British AS50 and L85/L86 variants use NATO tech.

If you want to run around with military hardware mowing down fools....there is a game called arma 2.  Now I hear its hard to get but if you look closely enough you can get it for free...  Its almost like you already have it...

If you want to run around with military hardware mowing down fools....there is a game called arma 2.  Now I hear its hard to get but if you look closely enough you can get it for free...  Its almost like you already have it...

Removing the military hardware is not making it any more realistic. It just needs to be rarer and make sense.

(I.E. Have NATO weapons like the M4A1, M16,M249, M240 and M60 but have them be significantly less common than guns like the AKM/AK-47, AK-74, G3, FN FAL, RPK and PK)

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 3

Removing the military hardware is not making it any more realistic. It just needs to be rarer and make sense.

(I.E. Have NATO weapons like the M4A1, M16,M249, M240 and M60 but have them be significantly less common than guns like the AKM/AK-47, AK-74, G3, FN FAL, RPK and PK)

Your right.

I wasn't saying get rid of em.  I was saying it sounds like op just wants to run around with the high tech gear killing people instead surviving.  Personally I find the weapons fine.  A AKM is just as good as a fal to me.  Sure if I had a choice I would take fal but AKM is just as good because as long as I hit with my shots I am going to kill.  In most firefights its about player skill (and some luck) and weapon choices usually does not decide the outcome. (There are expectations.  Sniper at long range  vs man with shotgun is unfair, but that is the life of dayz.) 

Your right.

I wasn't saying get rid of em.  I was saying it sounds like op just wants to run around with the high tech gear killing people instead surviving.  Personally I find the weapons fine.  A AKM is just as good as a fal to me.  Sure if I had a choice I would take fal but AKM is just as good because as long as I hit with my shots I am going to kill.  In most firefights its about player skill (and some luck) and weapon choices usually does not decide the outcome. (There are expectations.  Sniper at long range  vs man with shotgun is unfair, but that is the life of dayz.) 

Well, the AKM does have 10 extra rounds per magazine and damage wise will still be just as effective. However, the FAL is a lot more accurate. I don't necessarily think the weapon efficiency should be 100% balanced (Meaning that not every rare weapon is super OP. I'm not saying that a PKM should be more common than an M16A2, but I definitely think guns like the SKS and SVT-40 would be more common than a Lee-Enfield, even though they outclass the Enfield in some respects.

Well, the AKM does have 10 extra rounds per magazine and damage wise will still be just as effective. However, the FAL is a lot more accurate. I don't necessarily think the weapon efficiency should be 100% balanced (Meaning that not every rare weapon is super OP. I'm not saying that a PKM should be more common than an M16A2, but I definitely think guns like the SKS and SVT-40 would be more common than a Lee-Enfield, even though they outclass the Enfield in some respects.

Nowadays the chances of encountering any kind of Kalashnikov variant in any other state than the US or western country are significantly higher than finding western weapons. Even if people living in those regions could get their hands on a accurate weapon like an Armalite variant they would still choose former due to logistical reasons. No use in favoring a firearm over another that practically lies everywhere with ammo and spare parts to in abundance. Spec op teams don't use OPFOR weapons for no reason even if they had the choice between those and the weapons of their army when in hostile territory, it has logistical and tactical advantages and they can grab it from every dead body. Really old guns are more likely to be found somewhere in Africa where they wage clan wars. It was even reported that some Warlord had a T-34, obsolete tech in our eyes but by their standards it's high tech and they don't spam RPGs like we do in games.

and western weapons in a country where the army has a different stock, means they are owned by collectors, and if i'm right they should be only semiautomatic..it'd make more sense to have them ultra rare in a civilian loot than in a russian base. they should load the game with eastern block gear..i can imagine only exceptions to this..like weapons carried by special units or a imaginary western task force..crash sites fit this..

and western weapons in a country where the army has a different stock, means they are owned by collectors, and if i'm right they should be only semiautomatic..it'd make more sense to have them ultra rare in a civilian loot than in a russian base. they should load the game with eastern block gear..i can imagine only exceptions to this..like weapons carried by special units or a imaginary western task force..crash sites fit this..

I think in DayZ's defence the lore is to have some sort of recent US interference whether it was the events of Arma 2 or just the CDF using a bit of US stock.

It does however feel strange to see M14's and M16 in a post soviet country...

Either way I definitely want eastern counterparts to be more common.

I would like to see very rare guns if the devs ever get bored and wanna make models, things like Lugers and Takerovs hidden away in people's houses.

Not as effective as the modern counterparts, but for something so cool it might not be such a massive bit of extra weight.

Hell I managed to lug around two cans of Mountain Dew without drinking either just fine.

The only thing I find annoying about rare things though, is dying before you got to use them, and then you see a wasteful bandit drinking your man dew instantly in your head and you can't help but fume at the thought.

Nowadays the chances of encountering any kind of Kalashnikov variant in any other state than the US or western country are significantly higher than finding western weapons. Even if people living in those regions could get their hands on a accurate weapon like an Armalite variant they would still choose former due to logistical reasons. No use in favoring a firearm over another that practically lies everywhere with ammo and spare parts to in abundance. Spec op teams don't use OPFOR weapons for no reason even if they had the choice between those and the weapons of their army when in hostile territory, it has logistical and tactical advantages and they can grab it from every dead body. Really old guns are more likely to be found somewhere in Africa where they wage clan wars. It was even reported that some Warlord had a T-34, obsolete tech in our eyes but by their standards it's high tech and they don't spam RPGs like we do in games.

Also hearing AK shots being fired is probably a lot less alarming around there than Armalite shots.

I was found only two rare guns on it last month - RPK and SVD

That sounds about right to me. Fill the world with iron sighted weapons and make the rare stuff rare so it's a real find when you have it.