Sign in to follow this  
Dekkymane

Where's vanilla at?

I would like to get into dayzero but the playerbase on it is 100% bandit, but when I do 'hide unofficial, all the servers that have 30 or above have either 'custom map' or actually have PRIVATE HIVE even in their name, even though I did hide unofficial.. Really. Dafuq. Well R.I.P. Vanilla, guess I'll go play pay2winZ servers.

Well R.I.P. Vanilla, guess I'll go play pay2winZ servers.

That's the spirit!

• Like 4

I concur. The majority of DayZ Players are 'Casual Gamers', who simply want easy loot, 1000+ Vehicles and PVP DM. All Vanilla servers are just ghost towns now........

• Like 2

If you're Amurrican, try us3480. Highest pop vanilla server on commander. Usually above 30 players until 10-11 PST.

But Idk how you have private hives showing up when you select hide unofficial... That's evil...

• Like 1

There were 5 players on my server today, which is a weekly high! it now ranks 1153rd in the world, down from the top 50 servers worldwide (on gametracker) when vanilla was still populated! It's quite sad to see the shape that official hive servers are in, and vanilla in general.

Edited by icomrade

If you're Amurrican, try us3480. Highest pop vanilla server on commander. Usually above 30 players until 10-11 PST.

But Idk how you have private hives showing up when you select hide unofficial... That's evil...

He's Irish :( He'd gut fucking horrible lag. Also he lives in Waterford on the East side of Ireland which doesn't help.

• Like 1

The vanilla is in the Ice Cream Store, silly!

But I want banana on mine :(

Yes this is sad, I think this has mainly to summer ending, other games coming out and casuals who want to pay 2 win. 

I just found out about day zero about a month and a half ago and started playing on 1st person only servers. It was the best experience of my dayz career. Unfortunately a lot of hackers were kicked off and with school started the population started fizzling. If anyone is interested on joining me in BMRF let me know via private message or respsonding to this post so we can start up a community again. Keep in mind im only going to really consider playing on 1st person only hardcore servers, its the only way to play for me now.

it's a sorry state of affairs for sure, DayZ genuinely hasn't been the same since i got back to living in a house with an internet connection after about 5-6 months of living in the wilderness and it has nothing to do with how the game itself actually plays. seems like during my downtime the game became flooded with people that never should have started playing DayZ in the first place and should have stuck to 3-minute round FPS like counter-strike or whatever and sandbox builders like minecraft or gmod.

such a shame public hive vanilla is so badly done to now, back when we ran a server in 2012 it was constantly populated, pretty much all proper players too doing things the right way - there were rivalries, there were people devout to helping people they didn't know, hell i remember we met one guy through one of us running around for two hours (literally) trying to find this guy we didn't know just to give him some morphine and rescue him from the glitchy bastard zombies that had screwed him over and left him to die. that guys name was phil and he became the third man of our group, playing for hours every night for months straight.

holy fuck i loved those dayz, i know a lot of people are hailing to standalone as if those times are going to return but i think we all know in our heart of hearts it will be a different beast - which is both good and bad in different ways. now don't get me wrong, i'm obviously buying DayZ when it comes out, i just think it's a huge shame that the only places i can play in the meantime that have a decent population are bastardised version of the mod that should never have happened. DayZ is about being paranoid and having an itchy trigger finger and crawling around to find beans, not building a damn cottage.

EDIT: edited spacing so it's not just a sickening wall of text

Edited by Gwraspe
  • Like 2

it's a sorry state of affairs for sure, DayZ genuinely hasn't been the same since i got back to living in a house with an internet connection after about 5-6 months of living in the wilderness and it has nothing to do with how the game itself actually plays. seems like during my downtime the game became flooded with people that never should have started playing DayZ in the first place and should have stuck to 3-minute round FPS like counter-strike or whatever and sandbox builders like minecraft or gmod.

such a shame public hive vanilla is so badly done to now, back when we ran a server in 2012 it was constantly populated, pretty much all proper players too doing things the right way - there were rivalries, there were people devout to helping people they didn't know, hell i remember we met one guy through one of us running around for two hours (literally) trying to find this guy we didn't know just to give him some morphine and rescue him from the glitchy bastard zombies that had screwed him over and left him to die. that guys name was phil and he became the third man of our group, playing for hours every night for months straight.

holy fuck i loved those dayz, i know a lot of people are hailing to standalone as if those times are going to return but i think we all know in our heart of hearts it will be a different beast - which is both good and bad in different ways. now don't get me wrong, i'm obviously buying DayZ when it comes out, i just think it's a huge shame that the only places i can play in the meantime that have a decent population are bastardised version of the mod that should never have happened. DayZ is about being paranoid and having an itchy trigger finger and crawling around to find beans, not building a damn cottage.

You can find a server that is closer to vanilla, also give day zero a try the community just needs a little boost.

You can find a server that is closer to vanilla, also give day zero a try the community just needs a little boost.

i know you can find servers that are close, but it's rare enough now and none of them have decent populations anymore - and those that do are just filled with KOS whores, there is literally no communication outside of your own little group anymore which sucks if you aren't playing with a group. i've heard good things about dayzero but i've heard nothing but bad things about the people that play it 'all bandits etc' kinda stuff which puts me off playing, as the playstyle i so loved doesn't sound like it exists in there. i think i'm just doomed to nostalgia :)

Finding legit populated vanilla servers these days is like finding a girl you've seen on the chive in person. You're pretty sure they exist somewhere because of photographic evidence but you just cant seem to find one no matter how many stars you wish upon.

KCCO.

Edited by Mr Nasty

He's Irish :( He'd gut fucking horrible lag. Also he lives in Waterford on the East side of Ireland which doesn't help.

Good point but I get 90-100 ping on US3480 :p

The vanilla is in the Ice Cream Store, silly!

I tought it was in the freezer...

Yeah, I want to go back to that DayZ. For me 2012 (the year dayz started) was the best time. Hopefully the SA will bring those feelings back.

• Like 1

Finding legit populated vanilla servers these days is like finding a girl you've seen on the chive in person. You're pretty sure they exist somewhere because of photographic evidence but you just cant seem to find one no matter how many stars you wish upon.

KCCO.

My friend posts pictures of his wife on the Chive... so it isn't all that rare. ;)

Vanilla isn't in that bad of a shape.  Prior to the 1.8.0.2 patch US 434 would peak to 15-25 players but typically stayed under 10 most of the time.  Definitely not high population but not entirely vacant either.  

If you are not into PVP fests I would stick to medium population servers where people remember each other.  Establish yourself, let people know you and build relationships.  It's very hard to do that on high population servers now a days since most of the douche hill campers and action junkies log in there for something thrilling.

However populations have dropped quite a bit with the latest patch.  People are in shock with the loot spawning and think it is broken.  

Edited by Geryon