OfficerRaymond

Things that will Make or Break Standalone (Opinions)

New content!

They should add new content to the game to keep things fresh. They could even add content that drives a story - maybe the zeds starting changing in some way. At the start, the building could be normal then each patch makes them a little more overgrown. A game where the devs ride along with you, introducing elements into the game to keep it fresh to an ultimate ending

• Like 1

Your entire mentality is that of an honest to god troll. Seriously. You shouldn't be worried about 'making a name' for yourself by killing people. That's just arrogance, plain and simple. Killing people for the plain and simple fact of making them mad makes you a troll, plain and simple. Sure there's a joy you get from winning a hard fought firefight, but taking pride in senselessly killing anyone and everyone is the exact reason that the game has taken such a sharp decline.

You're part of the group that will break standalone when it comes out, if you're allowed to. Here's hoping the devs crank up the difficulty so high, that you won't know what hit you. Arma II is NOT DayZ. DayZ MOD is not DayZ anymore either. People have gotten into such a rhythm with what they do, that's it's too easy to be called DayZ anymore. I have a strong hope and feeling that SA will in fact change that.

Its not killing everyone, I never said that. I mostly move around in the northern zones of chernarus: airfield, stary, krasno, etc and only go down to elektro and cherno to pickup my friends or to check if there are any campers killing fresh spawns. There are reasons for that, there is no pride on killing an unarmed but I won't interact with him if I'm geared, getting stabbed in the back with a hatchet pulled off the toolbelt is an old trick ^^

I said I didn't understand the survival aspect this game has or had in the beggining. Sure the first 3 days everything is new and the survival aspect fills you, but after that? after you know all the bugs that can happen, every trick to be more competitive etc, it becomes soo easy that there is no survival aspect anymore.

Tell me why should I be part of the group that will break standalone. I play with my friends (1-3 more guys), so we need more loot than a town can give us and if a player has just looted an entire town we need the time he invested by killing him with a headshot or robbing him (yes banditry). So yeah being unfriendly is not for dayz? And what do you mean by destroying the standalone if I'm allowed? I don't like this dayz as much as I did in the past, maybe because I put so many hours into it, but mostly because of the private hives destroying dayZ.

Whenever I PvP I get an adrenaline rush that a zombie fight won't give me, neither would killing a boar or giving a bloodbag to somebody

And sorry but I'm not trolling, I'm just being the ultimate honest clan bandit

Edited by DerrocK
  • Like 1

Make:

Rocket sticks to his guns and keeps the game hardcore.

Break:

BI forces SA dev team to pander to the masses of whining easy mode players and dumb the game down.

• Like 3

Its not killing everyone, I never said that. I mostly move around in the northern zones of chernarus: airfield, stary, krasno, etc and only go down to elektro and cherno to pickup my friends or to check if there are any campers killing fresh spawns. There are reasons for that, there is no pride on killing an unarmed but I won't interact with him if I'm geared, getting stabbed in the back with a hatchet pulled off the toolbelt is an old trick ^^

I said I didn't understand the survival aspect this game has or had in the beggining. Sure the first 3 days everything is new and the survival aspect fills you, but after that? after you know all the bugs that can happen, every trick to be more competitive etc, it becomes soo easy that there is no survival aspect anymore.

Tell me why should I be part of the group that will break standalone. I play with my friends (1-3 more guys), so we need more loot than a town can give us and if a player has just looted an entire town we need the time he invested by killing him with a headshot or robbing him (yes banditry). So yeah being unfriendly is not for dayz? And what do you mean by destroying the standalone if I'm allowed? I don't like this dayz as much as I did in the past, maybe because I put so many hours into it, but mostly because of the private hives destroying dayZ.

Whenever I PvP I get an adrenaline rush that a zombie fight won't give me, neither would killing a boar or giving a bloodbag to somebody

And sorry but I'm not trolling, I'm just being the ultimate honest clan bandit

Be a bandit like this all you want. As long as you can't easily find an ak within 15 minutes, I'm fine.

I've seen so many people playing like they can just drop a quick 20 30 mins in a server, like bf3 or cs match. That's not how this should go. The standalone should be about dedication and an actual bond with your avatar over time.

From looking at the server lists, none of it should be called dayz.

false

false

false

false

false

false

FALSE

Anyway good write up :)

I hope they implement an epoch-style base building system 

That looked pretty 3D.

Something else that can make the SA is when you shut a door a zombie cant walk right through it as if the zombie is a ghost.