Sign in to follow this  
Gravelsack

Suggestion: The Zombies Have The Beans

My suggestion: Beans no longer spawn in buildings, and can only be acquired from zed.

The recent food shortage in 1.7.1.? made me suspect that the beans had been secretly hidden on the zombies, so I ran out and grabbed a gun out of a deerstand to hunt zombies with in order to test my theory. It turned out not to be the case.

But it would be cool if it was the case. It would force us to kill zombies in order to survive, or go out and salvage the necessary pieces to hunt, gut, and cook an animal.

Even just lowering the spawn rate of beans in buildings while raising the spawn rate of beans on zombies would do the trick, I think.

Also, there could be a pickpocketing mechanic for the stealthily inclined.

This is already the case. The zombies leave the beans in their houses though, because they don't want to carry them around all day and slow down their shambling.

heheh. when was the last time you carried beans around in your pocket? just sayin' :P

They already do this. #imjustsayingtoo

As long as I could find stuff on zombies that would make senses, like mags on military zombies and food or random crap on civilians I wouldn't mind this.

But me and my friends found pasta, beans, and soda on the corpses of zombies yesterday.

I believe this is already a part of the game.

But me and my friends found pasta' date=' beans, and soda on the corpses of zombies yesterday.

I believe this is already a part of the game.

[/quote']

This.

During the food shortage of the 1.7.1.something i found 2 cans of food on zombies.

Had to kill a lot to find those thou.

That's what I'm saying: reduce building spawns of food so the only effective way to find it is by killing zeds.