Sign in to follow this  
Anton17

You lose humanity when damaging the vehicle you are driving

I have attempted to post this thread in the Bugs section twice but it is not getting posted.

It took me a long time before I could figure out what was causing this. I'm a Hero so I keep a watch on my Humanity and I noticed it dropping occassionally when I had not shot/killed/or even been in contact with any other players. Sometimes it was just a few points, others it was as much as 100 humanity. I like my Hero skin so I didn't want to lose it especially when I hadn't shot anyone.

After a lot of lonewolf looting I finally cracked it. If you are driving a vehicle and you crash it so that you or the vehicle take substantial damage, you lose humanity. If you don't substantially damage the vehicle, say you just hit a post and turn the wheel slightly oranger, you lose something like 7 points. If you do more damage, like breaking off a wheel or causing your player to lose something like 500 blood from a crash, you lose almost 100 humanity.

I haven't tested this into extremes for what I hope are obvious reasons but its a definite issue, especially if you aren't a bandit and don't want your humanity to drop. I don't know if it occurs for players other than heroes, but it probably does.

I'd kinda like it fixed.
Edited by Anton17
  • Like 3

Ah ha

I recently got up to 4950 humanity and was eagerly searching for someone to break the hero point by blood bagging when I crashed my SUV

Lost a good 400 humanity for that somehow so I guess that confirms it

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I am almost certain it's because it's classing you as another survivor when you damage yourself.

Was anyone else in the vehicle when you crashed?

Ah no, you say this like it was a one time thing. I did a lot of testing before posting this thread, its legitimate. Try it yourself if you dare.

• Like 1

I was just thinking that when i was an admin i would notice in the logs that when a player crashed a vehicle the damage that the passenger took would count as being caused by the driver, so thought it might be linked.

Don't know of any 1.8 servers that use a debug, overwise i would test it some more.

"I have attempted to post this thread in the Bugs section twice but it is not getting posted."

Just because you can't see your post (x2) does not mean that they are not there.

That is the whole point, if you posted a bug that was unknown, everybody would be able to see and use as an exploit, in many cases.

If you want to give feedback there is a place for that, no need to create a Topic.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148120-dayz-18-feedback/

Happens to me too, I didn't make the connection though and have lost way too much humanity with my reckless driving lol