Quincy (DayZ)

Definitely My best ever video (W/Cinematics) - Dayz Epoch - Feedback?

You are a copy cat

and you are copying a person who alot of folks round here dislike.

Also with things like Steam sounds and what not in the background and some general monotonous gameplay

its pretty stale in my eyes

I tried making videos like this and none of them were ever good enough to me to actually upload.

My advice is if you are going to record dayz, only pick out the short funny clips.

which takes hours to get.

Edited by leviski
  • Like 3

That's your opinion, i try my hardest to make these videos.

If you don't like it, next time don't watch it.

That's your opinion, i try my hardest to make these videos.

If you don't like it, next time don't watch it.

I'm just starting, but I can already tell you that you need to open yourself up to advice from others.  There are literally thousands upon tens of thousands of other youtubers out there recording their gameplay, including DayZ.  Instead of emulating someone else, try instead to just have fun and record things that come out of it.  Look into DXtory for recording, and sony vegas for editing, and Adobe Aftereffects CS6 for introductions.  Explore youtube for sounds you like, music you enjoy, and incorporate it into the character of your videos.  All are necessary tools of the trade!

I wish you good luck sir!

• Like 1

you ask for feedback, someone gives u feedback, then u tell them to not give u feedback.................................facepalm

Edited by Chucknorris405
  • Like 5

OK you probably don't understand why i denied that feedback, it's merely due to me getting feedback from grumpy. A respected youtuber to do alternative things to what you have said.

and Morphologis, i have been using dxtory and Sony Vegas 12. But thanks anyway.

Calling names doesn't constitute good, or welcome, feedback. You should have expected a hostile response with such a hostile comment. 

I enjoyed the video, keep 'em coming and work at it!  :P

Calling names doesn't constitute good, or welcome, feedback. You should have expected a hostile response with such a hostile comment. 

I enjoyed the video, keep 'em coming and work at it!  :P

Thanks Man! Good to know someone enjoyed it :D

Edited by Quincy

Might have been interesting if you had ever been in any danger. Your recorded engagements had you outgunning your opponents. 50 cal shielded HMMWV versus a Vodnick - Advantage HMMWV by a LOT. Lapua vrs... well you were never really close enough to see what he was armed with and that is a one shot kill gun you were shooting. A challenging fight is more interesting than running down some guys trying to escape a bunch of bullies with better weapons and more people. 

• Like 1

Might have been interesting if you had ever been in any danger. Your recorded engagements had you outgunning your opponents. 50 cal shielded HMMWV versus a Vodnick - Advantage HMMWV by a LOT. Lapua vrs... well you were never really close enough to see what he was armed with and that is a one shot kill gun you were shooting. A challenging fight is more interesting than running down some guys trying to escape a bunch of bullies with better weapons and more people. 

Ok man, thanks for the feedback!

You should provide the music creator's channel in the description of the video.

You may receive some...negative comments from viewers due to your use of What Dreams May Come, as Frankie also used it. And people don't like it when you do similar things to larger Youtubers.

you lost me after the frankie intro stealing

You are a copy cat

and you are copying a person who alot of folks round here dislike.

Also with things like Steam sounds and what not in the background and some general monotonous gameplay

its pretty stale in my eyes

I tried making videos like this and none of them were ever good enough to me to actually upload.

My advice is if you are going to record dayz, only pick out the short funny clips.

which takes hours to get.

i admire your honesty and constructive critisism :) can I employ you to provide feedback on my vids?
  • Like 1

I understand i used his music, thought it was quite emotional so i decided to use it.

And since when do you guys have the right to contradict me on that matter, we've all used otther people's ideas once in a while.  

...we've all used otther people's ideas once in a while.  

Are you certain about that statement? :)

rule #1 of trying to become a successful youtuber; NEVER backtalk your viewers/subscribers/critics. you want fans. you give them respect, then they'll respect you.

also, make a nice intro that fits your gameplay/gamestyle/personality, and music to fit iit. buy rights, or credit and dont look for profit.

To be honest, I don't see the value in it. It's not very creative, no good humor, and you're running around shooting people with gear that is MILES below what you own. You know what sells? Survival. I, and a good portion of viewers aren't entertained by the same old "driving around in my leet armored truck, killing dem noobz" bull. I want to see someone barely find his friend, run North, get decent gear, and find a car/heli/airfield or whatever the hell you consider endgame. How about meeting up with someone for a trade, giving strangers bloodbags, or baiting someone into a trap and holding them up? The possibilities are endless. Yet you copy the formula of a very famous youtuber. Be creative, be new. Try something that you are unfamiliar with. Jump into a new mod, or hell, the Vanilla game(I'm strictly vanilla, and it's frankly a lot better). Anything else, otherwise you won't go anywhere.

I understand i used his music, thought it was quite emotional so i decided to use it.

And since when do you guys have the right to contradict me on that matter, we've all used otther people's ideas once in a while.  

You know how you asked for feedback?  Well you seem to only want positive feedback.  

Sure some peeps are being blunt but it's all useful and tbh you should just absorb it.  If you're wanting to be a popular YT'er my advice would be to first develop a thicker skin because what's written above is very mild in terms of critique compared to what you'll get if you do ever make it big.

I guess you could just do a Rhino and remove the option to leave any comments at all on your vids, ignorance is bliss and all that.  Good luck anyway =)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I made a commitment to watch the whole thing and must say there wasn't anything that hooked me. People like to watch videos of people overcoming adversity. You used another YTer's intro music, which didn't bother me, but doing so says you want to be like him. Whether or not a person agrees that that is a good thing, your entire video was things that guy wouldn't do. People like watching him, whether they feel he is scripted or not, because most of his vids show him overcoming some threat to his life. Just getting kills will not likely get you many viewers especially when those kills were a given. Every kill you got, the better story would if the other guy killed you. Stash your best gear and put yourself in dangerous situations. Purposefully try to kill people who outnumber you and die a dozen times trying. That one time you kill them, if you ever do, will result in the kind of epic video people like to watch. 

You used another YTer's intro music

Well, it isn't his intro music, but yeah.

not my kind of video..i tend to ignore videos starting on a chopper involving ghillie suits and sniper rifles. i'm more a fresh start kind of guy.

If I was ever going to use an introduction, it would be the first minute or so from Shoot to Kill. It's awesome.

Feel free to steal that idea if you wish - I've no intention of becoming a YouTube mega-star.

• Like 1

Haha, i guess ;)

ANyone thanks again to everyone that commented i'm learning more now, understanding what you want.

Thankyou for that!