Sign in to follow this  
Xeonisius

Razor49: 1.8.0.1 Hotfix Concerns

Razor,

Before I allow myself to get upset with these changes I'd like to get your input as to why the developers feel the zeds need to be nerfed. 1.8's difficulty has made the game immensely enjoyable.  I haven't enjoyed it this much the entire time I've been playing.  Would you be willing to explain why this nerf is warranted?  Thanks in advance.

* [uPDATED] - System - Zed Aggro on all Weapon fire now changed to a more dynamic system to allow the overall distance the shot was hered to changes the way and amount of zeds responce. ((50 Meters and below = Run to location),( 50-71  = 50% chance they walk to location), (70 meters and up = walk to location))

* [uPDATED] - System - Zed Damage output base scale lowered (from 300 Normal/400 Viral to 200 Normal/300 Viral)

Razor and his team are constantly changing the calculation that takes place when zeds deal damage, due to this it does mean they will experiment with the base damage quite alot, bare in mind we are playing an alpha test, he and his team wants to see what occurs when 'x' changes are made.

Personally i think the zed damage is fine, but i would like to see the sepsis rate cranked up a little.

• Like 2

too many tears shed by those that can't last 5 minutes without giving away their position to zombies, i imagine. personally i think the detection radius is fine as is the damage - the only thing i find questionable about 1.8 zombies is their seeming respawn rate. if you're in a building and you have to shoot a couple zeds that are blocking the entrance then chances are you're spending the next 5 minutes using most of your ammo against an almost-never-ending line of zeds and chimpanzeds. gets a bit boring after the first 2 minutes.

• Like 1

too many tears shed by those that can't last 5 minutes without giving away their position to zombies, i imagine. personally i think the detection radius is fine as is the damage - the only thing i find questionable about 1.8 zombies is their seeming respawn rate. if you're in a building and you have to shoot a couple zeds that are blocking the entrance then chances are you're spending the next 5 minutes using most of your ammo against an almost-never-ending line of zeds and chimpanzeds. gets a bit boring after the first 2 minutes.

Hatchet?

Hatchet?

yep that's the normal port of call - but sometimes i get a gun before a hatchet. it's rare i have to ever shoot zombies tbh, that's just an example i've come across once or twice

bare in mind we are playing an alpha test

Meh, as long as we are playing this mod we will always be playing an alpha test. If I remember correctly the stronger 1.7.7 zombies were also "nerfed" in the 1.7.7.1 hotfix...

Baseball Bat?

damage was fine, zig zaging infected was a risk again..you had to pay more attention to what you were doing..just viral zeds hit as asses, but i liked the lack of infection..

.1.8's difficulty has made the game immensely enjoyable. 

Difficult? My god man, this patch is like candyland.

Baseball Bat?

lolol never even found one

The zeds are pretty good (relative to what will ever achieved with them) in 1.8 and the changes don't appear to be that drastic.

My reservations with zeds would be regarding their animation rather than statistical output

- ensuring that zeds don't out-reach melee weapons, a curious phenomenon that may be performance related rather than the actual reach.

Similar to the delayed zed death animations where they hang in the air before falling to the floor, it may be that zeds are closer than actually seen by the player at the moment of striking.

- melee weapons remain accurate without any significant deviation, hitting where they are aimed.

I've noticed what looks like alarmingly large deviation when aiming at the same spot over several swings, but that is only when fighting zeds.  I'll have to do some dedicated object bashing to look into it further.  It may be related to zeds allegedly having super long reach and hanging in the air before collapsing.

Zed damage is something that is constantly changing and being adjusted to balance things like chance of a bleed and chance of infection. The melee thing is definitely something I agree about. The truth is the zeds do have a slightly longer reach than the range of melee weapons - which, in my opinion makes no sense. I understand the argument by those who have mastered the melee that giving them a shorter reach means they will never be hit when doing melee. Well, that's the benefit of being good with melee. But giving them a longer reach is like making it so that a sniper can't hit his target even if he's done everything right. Not to mention, it just looks weird. Your axe passes in front of their chest, a clear miss and yet, then you get tagged twice before you can get another swing in.

Basically, if outside the melee weapons range, you miss and they hit you. If they are too close, the swing also misses, but they can hit you.. It's just not good. Apparently, survivors have really poor motor skills while zeds are almost surgical in their hitting precision. It's another adjustment made in favor of inherently glitchy zeds and it makes no sense to me whatsoever.