Sign in to follow this  
kloust!

Starting weapon : piece of driftwood

My friend suggested that bits of obtainable driftwood could appear on the shore, where you spawn - as a melee weapon.

Driftwood would be rotted and break easy so that wouldn't cave a skull in maybe a paddle?

Driftwood would be rotted and break easy so that wouldn't cave a skull in maybe a paddle?

Not all driftwood is rotted/soft. Where I live you could certainly do damage with a bit you find after a minute or two of searching.

they should just make a fucking HUGE variety of melee weapons that can be utilized and easy to find. Something like a dead island model i think is appropriate.

The point in not having any weapon is to feel naked, feel scared, build tension and I know players are going to feel frustrated. Some will feel like thus because of fear of player killers and others because AAA games make you feel like a Hollywood action movie character. It's conditioning.

I say just play, don't take it all serious if your character dies.

I was killed by a player the other day when I had the hatchet and killed a goat. A player shot me and i was like dam, he is going to steal my goat meat lol.

Have fun.