chhopsky

Don't bring back starter weapons

In the days since the starting pack has been dramatically cut down, I've seen something incredible happen.

The coast has gone from a nightmarish clusterfuck of hate to a scared, huddled-together-in-the-dark collection of groups of survivors, all working together with minimal banditry.

This is amazing. I've never seen anything like it since the very early days. It didn't need sanity meters or teamwork bonuses, just to scare people. People no longer feel strong or threatening and they don't feel threatened by other survivors. And given that you don't start with beans, assholery is the only reason for bandits to target fresh spawns, so they tend not to. I predict that sneaky thievery will also become a thing at the coast now too =]

IMO this is one of the greatest things to happen to the game, and a brilliant way to generically shift the culture. It also makes the player feel a lot more like a random person because if ZApoc happened tomorrow, very few of us would have a gun and morphine on-hand.

In summary: Keep starting gear minimal as it's made the environment much more realistic and produces a much wider range of emotional responses and interactions from people.

Lol so right though they really need to get rid of morphine and replace it with stints it's not realistic at all.

I agree i hope the starter weapon doesnt come back in. A watch and possibly a flashlight is all i would give them. Maybe one bandage if i am being kind.

What server are YOU on? People are worse jackoffs than ever, since they know that new spawns can't fire back..

I agree as well. It gave back the atmosphere of being helpless, like when I first logged on. Knowing that I can't just run into a building and calmly dispatch zombies with my Makarov and I have to actually put in an effort to get a gun.