hkurban

Is it just me? Killed by connecting players.

I really like the yawning mechanic. Warn the players nearby that another player is about to wake up.

Its simple, it can be argued that its 'realistic' (some people yawn and some do not when waking up), and it still gives players the choice to log off in a building and not artificially making it impossible.

If you do not want to take the chance you will spawn on top of someone, log out in the woods, the chance of you popping out in front of someone is tiny there.

At the same time it may help discourage server hopping a little bit (even if most people will likely still do it) as now they know it will almost always end with them at a disadvantage if they happen to spawn near someone.

As for as the "I need to get the hell out of here before someone gets the drop on me" feeling, that is plenty supplied by people that could walk in. I do not know how you could justify a "Someone might coalesce into being at anytime near me, I must move quickly" as being a legitimate fear people should be worried about without breaking immersion. A sleeping person you overlooked at least wont rip you out of the experience as much.

I had the opposite experience.

I logged in to a game' date=' and when i came into a game someone had allrdy shot me.. :/ So while i was at the receving/loading screen, my char was allrdy in game and have been killed by another player. So when i came into the game i was allrdy with the "you are dead screen"

Thats very annoying when you have been alive for a long time and you have got some very good gear.

[/quote']

Happened to me. Lost a LMG (48), camo, NVG's, GPS and a buch of other shit. I spawned in what I thought was a decently hidden spot...only to have died before I spawned in. :/

All you can do is try and log out in a really safe location if you've got good gear.

if you log out in a looting area you take the responsibility of what you find when you log in again..it's the same even in the forest, but here we talk about probability: if you dc in nwairfield in a hangar you may find someone much more than inside a casual barn and more than in the middle of a forest..you could come back with your gun in the back of a player but also otherwise! the thing to fix is dc to avoid death or a firefight!! once, i was respawned and i started to follow close another survivor, with a pistol, to get covered by him, and he ran away and disconnected!! i can't imagine when such a pussy gets some real gear..dc when rabbit in sight

Yea, been killed by some low skill douche bag in a barn before while waiting on a friend. Guy logged in right behind me. Took him 2+ shots from an Einfeld to kill me with low blood from feet away while I was standing still in the corner. When it happened I was just like WTF. Turned around and the guy was laying in the exact position that I had just been at seconds before.

There's no easy fix to this' date='

[/quote']

I'd say don't let people spawn in within 250m of a building. Simple, and removes some of the threat of ghosting and server farming too.