I have a private hive server and i have enabled spawn selection in init.sqf

dayz_spawnselection = 1;

but doesn't work

I don't see the screen for spawn selection

Anyone know what to do about that?

we are not alone  having this problem, but nobody knows why

(solved, thanks to vilayer online help)

Edited by Hachbay

Painkillers seemed to be bugged, unless there is now another feature which makes you shake.

Between 3 players (myself, two others) we've had at least 5 instances where we take a smack from a zed and begin shaking. After using a painkiller, the shaking would continue. We were not infected, nor bleeding. Sometimes this would resolve with a second dosage of painkillers, other times we would have to log off from the server, return, and take another dosage before the shaking would stop. As I said, I'm not sure if a feature has been made that requires some other form of a cure to stop you from shaking, but painkillers do eventually work, just not always on the first dosage.

Edited by PhillyJoker

What has this fixed? 

EDIT: Just put that file on my server and it crashed with some local database access error.  This file smaller than the original , and I'm running an official hive server.  If that helps.  I just hope my server admin can get the server back up for me! 

Edited by urbanskaters

I have been on 4 servers now and I can report that at least 50% of the time animals do not allow access to their gear after gutting them.

I seem to remember this being a problem on a much earlier patch a while ago.

And I too am having problems with Painkillers not working.

Only a small issue but whats with all the Red road flares all over the loot tables?

Just played for about 4 hours now, so here is my buglist:

1. Couldnt access gear menu of a cow (tried it on two different cows) after killing it with a hatched and gutting it. Instead, the "study-body" menu appears and says kinda like "unknown was killed my unknown". Killed a Goat right after that with a G17 and everything worked perfect.

2. Killed Zombies still have collision for about 3 seconds after they have been killed (blocking doors etc.).

3. Zombies dont have an attack animation often. They just run into you and it hits you.

4. Loot still disapears sometimes in the floor.

5. Besides the "two primary gun"-problem there also seems to be a problem when you already have a primary gun and want to pick up a hatchet. I couldnt figure out how to pick up the hatched without dropping my primary on the ground (but maybe i was just to dumb?).

Not sure if a few of those things were desync or just some arma stuff that you cant fix.

However, THIS PATCH IS AWESOME! :)

5. Besides the "two primary gun"-problem there also seems to be a problem when you already have a primary gun and want to pick up a hatchet. I couldnt figure out how to pick up the hatched without dropping my primary on the ground (but maybe i was just to dumb?).

Nothing much they can do about that one, you have to put your gun on the ground first before you can equip a melee weapon.

• Like 1

Don't know if you can fix this or not.  But there's a glitch where a player can run through the wall to the left of the ladders at the top of the small apartment blocks, from the behind the wall they can shoot players coming up the stairs but not out through the back of the building or onto the roof.  I discovered this at Berezino , not sure if it works for the other small apartments over in Cherno.  

. My only suggestion would probably be to try a server that has a consistent 4-6 hour restart schedule.

populated server need like a 2 hour reset or else the server starts to hang...

Just played for about 4 hours now, so here is my buglist:

1. Couldnt access gear menu of a cow (tried it on two different cows) after killing it with a hatched and gutting it. Instead, the "study-body" menu appears and says kinda like "unknown was killed my unknown". Killed a Goat right after that with a G17 and everything worked perfect.

I confirm being unable to loot any gutted animal I killed with a melee weapon since the patch.

Will try with a gun when I get the opportunity to see if this is the cause.

• Like 1

please mod-makers, make

- animal spawn in wildness for hunting (+ gear menu for taking meat)

- loot-tables, please less food

- zombie speed 10% down(they are running faster than my character)

MUCHAZ GRAZIAS :P

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Fix placing traps because sometimes you cant see options to complete build or cancel it and thats pretty annoying

reading the new rolling change-log is quiet a joke!

why don´t you change the loot-tables!?!?! THIS IS THE MAIN-ISSUE! >:(

100x :beans: in every loot! :huh:

Server admins can correct. _date1 = [2013,8,3,_hour,_minute]; 

In what file and on what line do we make this adjustment?  I assume I would have to revert the changes listed below, correct?

In case you are not super familiar with the code base (like me) here is how you fix the server time to read from HiveExt.ini. Note that the date will still be set to local date but time will read correctly from ini.

1) Unpack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

2) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf by changing lines 37-39 and 42 to reference _date instead of _date1

setDate _date;
        dayzSetDate = _date;
        dayz_storeTimeDate = _date;

diag_log ("HIVE: Local Time set to " + str(_date));

3) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm by changing lines 328,329, and 331 to reference _date instead of _date1
        " setDate _date;" \n
        " dayzSetDate = _date;" \n

" diag_log (""TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "" + str(_date));" \n

4) Repack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server directory to @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

If you don't have tools to manage PBO you can use PBO Manager from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Thanks to R4Z0R49 for patiently answering all my stupid questions.  :)

I followed your directions, THANKS!  One weird issue I'm getting now; server time changes all of a sudden with no transition and randomly.  Any ideas?

Edited by NovaDose

Please don't remove the "bug" that allows you to carry and holster two primaries. The argument "it ruins immersion" or "it isn't reallistic" is just absurd. Using two primaries, an M14 and a Winchester, for example has meant that I no longer have to carry a secondary, allowing me to fill up my secondary ammo slots with bandages and wipes.

I know it was an un-intended feature but surely that is something they would've play-tested?

So far I'm really liking the changes to 1.8, but have noticed a few small things and one that just about makes me want to smash my keyboard too.

Keyboard smasher = melee weapons. In real life I CAN hit a whore in the head while she's blowing me. If there were whores in DayZ that wouldn't be true. ;)

Smaller issues:

• Zombie damage is a little too extreme, especially coupled with the melee weapons uselessness. It takes as many handgun rounds to kill a sick zombie person as it does hits from his hands to kill me. WTF?
  • Did zombie attack animation get sped up or more glitchy, or is it just more frustrating because I can't hit them with a melee weapon now?
  • Stay away from survivor camps - they mega spawn a dozen or more zombies, multiple times
  • Survivor camps should be gem finds, like helo wrecks or something. CZ's and clothing.
  • Does duct tape and string even spawn?

EDIT: I didn't mean to post to this thread, but I guess it's bug related too. Sorry if it's out of place. Meant to put in feedback.

Edited by Cheboygan

"Pick up baseball bat (drop M4A3CCO)"

That's the message I see.

What happens?  You pick up the baseball bat and your weapon vanishes and all the ammo for it too

• Does duct tape and string even spawn?

I've found duct tape several times, and just one roll of string.

Seems like it is very much easier to find a bandage than to through all the hassles of crafting one. multiple rags, string etc are far more rare than a simple bandage, which seems to spawn much more frequently.

Lastly, I spoke to the admin on the server I play on, which is now 24/7 daylight, and apparently this needs to be fixed by the mod, not the servers themselves.

Edited by klesh

"Pick up baseball bat (drop M4A3CCO)"

That's the message I see.

What happens?  You pick up the baseball bat and your weapon vanishes and all the ammo for it too

Why on earth would you....?

In all seriousness though, put your weapon in your backpack, or shoulder it and equip a secondary. During testing on our server, I dropped weapons to pick up melee weapons a lot and never had this bug, so I don't think it's a regular thing. Could have been lag on your part or the servers.

Map takes up a weapon slot on the PBX, not sure about other boats or vehicles.

Edit: same on "small boat".

Edited by klesh