Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Hajjar

Why am i getting such low FPS with these settings?

I've got an i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz and a GTX 780 and I get 40-60 FPS on the same settings.

Make sure video memory is set to 'default' and try changing servers. Playing in a slow server will negatively affect your performance.

I've got an i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz and a GTX 780 and I get 40-60 FPS on the same settings.

Make sure video memory is set to 'default' and try changing servers. Playing in a slow server will negatively affect your performance.

How would I set my video memory to default?

How would I set my video memory to default?

It's under advanced graphics settings. :)

It's under advanced graphics settings. :)

It's on default , and it's on every server not just 1 slow server

Edited by Adrian Hajjar

Sorry this may sound dumb but are you talking about ingame settings or pc settings?

It's in the ArmA 2 in-game settings.

Setting video memory to 'default' basically makes sure that the game uses all of your video memory.

It's in the ArmA 2 in-game settings.

Setting video memory to 'default' basically makes sure that the game uses all of your video memory.

It was already set as default , anything else you think could help?

Have you tried playing on a different server?

Hmm... Have you tried disabling hyperthreading? (This is done in your BIOS settings, it should say press F4 to access settings or something as you start your PC up)

Are you running with DayZ Commander and are you using any launch parametres?

And have you modified your ArmA2OA config at all?

Hmm... Have you tried disabling hyperthreading? (This is done in your BIOS settings, it should say press F4 to access settings or something as you start your PC up)

Are you running with DayZ Commander and are you using any launch parametres?

And have you modified your ArmA2OA config at all?

My.spacebar.has.stopped.working.for.no.apparent.reason.i.pressed.alot.of.keys.on.this.gaming.keyboard.so.idk.which.button.combination.locked.the.spacebar.i.checked.sticky.keys.and.it.isnt.that.please.help

Okay, well that I can't help you with unfortunately, lol...

• Like 2

wait what the hell is this post? it seems broken

• Like 1

Is it possible to remove the spacebar from the keyboard? If so you could do that and then remove any dirt that could be blocking it, then replace it. Removing the key can damage it so be careful.

I would test another keyboard, do you have any family or friends with keyboards who would let you try? If it turns out the other keyboard works you probably need a new keyboard.

Otherwise it is a software error.

wait what the hell is this post? it seems broken

He's edited his system specs out of the OP for some reason. Starting to seem like a strange troll attempt. :S

• Like 1

He's edited his system specs out of the OP for some reason. Starting to seem like a strange troll attempt. :S

i.was.trying.to.sort.out.the.fps.issue.but.midgame.this.happened.the.client.resized.and.went..blurry.now.my.spacebar.stopped.working.after.i.gentley.pressed.most.keys.to.try.and.put.the.dayz.window.back.to.fullscreen.it.isnt.a.troll

Is it possible to remove the spacebar from the keyboard? If so you could do that and then remove any dirt that could be blocking it, then replace it. Removing the key can damage it so be careful.

I would test another keyboard, do you have any family or friends with keyboards who would let you try? If it turns out the other keyboard works you probably need a new keyboard.

Otherwise it is a software error.

i.removed.the.key.no.dirt.i.didnt.mash.it.or.anything.i.have.a.razer.ansansi.is.there.some.kind.of.button.combination.that.could.havelocked.it?sticky.keys.arent.enabled

i.tried.to.rename.thread.to.adress.the.more.urgent.issue.of.my.spacebar.but.i.couldnt.find.where.to.edit.it,only.the.op

You've probably changed your 3D resolution. Just change it back to your monitor's native resolution and restart the game.

On the Razer Anansi Fn + F11 enables 'gaming mode' but all that does is disable the Windows key so that you're able to assign a function to it in a game as far as I know.

If you open up the Anansi driver software from the system tray you can check that you haven't accidentally assigned a different function to the space bar.

If that's not the case then try restarting you PC and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work then try reinstalling the Anansi driver software...

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=562&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=562

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

You've probably changed your 3D resolution. Just change it back to your monitor's native resolution and restart the game.

On the Razer Anansi Fn + F11 enables 'gaming mode' but all that does is disable the Windows key so that you're able to assign a function to it in a game as far as I know.

If you open up the Anansi driver software from the system tray you can check that you haven't accidentally assigned a different function to the space bar.

If that's not the case then try restarting you PC and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work then try reinstalling the Anansi driver software...

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=562&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=562

omg I fixed it by pressing fn+ M which is on the same key as alt gr

Thank.you.for.trying.to.helpme.How.do.i.open.up.system.tray?

WVl7F9n.png

The white arrow.

Edited by mZLY

WVl7F9n.png

The white arrow.

My spacebar is working as I pressed "fn+ (m)'. What does this key do? I never saw thislit up on the top right of the keyboard so im not sure if I had this on before or not but i's fixed my keyboard

My spacebar is working as I pressed "fn+ (m)'. What does this key do? I never saw thislit up on the top right of the keyboard so im not sure if I had this on before or not but i's fixed my key

Ah, that makes sense. Fn + M enables the macro feature, lol.

• Like 1

Ah, that makes sense. Fn + M enables the macro feature, lol.

Ok, so that's sorted. By the way im sorry if im being a pain I can see it looks pretty bad on me but I really appreciate you helping me out as I panicked when I thought i'd broken my brand new £2k pc. Now usually when I select a dayz server it will load up on fullscreen no problems, but when I died I pressed something and it made the screen shrink. With the only options available on the top right to minimise or close it. I had to drag the corner to resize it to fit near enough to full screen but it is blury and isn't properly fullscreen. Any ideas? I could get a screenshot if that helps at all