swetweeter

DayZ "Vanilla" Servers

Us264 and US 659. 659 is more active but is also running several scripts such as dynamic heli crashes, extra vehicles and extra buildings. I like it all right but prefer us264 for the community and pure vanilla nature. Both are central time zone

He just said he doesn't like private hives.

I understand that, just was offering a server for OP wanting a server that doesn't have "easy" mode turned on and still carries the Dayz feeling. Sounds like OP had a problem with AWA servers. No worries. Good luck. 

As a bit of a latecomer to the dayz party, I thought I was in dayz heaven when I began playing and started posting here some months ago. All the mods were available, I was like wean in a sweetie shop, or as you americans would say 'a  kid in a candy store' & I even defended the use of starting with a gun due to being shocked at everyone playing KOS, and the ability to find a vehicle & DRIVE. Having played the so called great mods, epoch, origins, overwatch etc I was underwhelmed. Every time you meet a player, bang bang, usually in the back. That's overwatch for you. Playing epoch? bang bang, usually from a sniper after you have ran into ugly indestructable player base buildings and random unbreakable safes in the middle of roaming fields, WHAT THE FUCK. Then I tried origins. Roaming big cities, full of loot and different zeds Hurrah! I thought I was finally home. Then I got hunted & shot on sight. All servers full of gloating KOS players.

So I went to vanilla, having never visited in the first place due to the temptations of other servers that sounded cooler & better than the vanilla in the extreme, but delivered an ultimately empty survival experience. Best thing I could have done! Simply put, I find vanilla Dayz utterly difficult compared to other servers like when I rode around in a jeep wearing a ghillie, on overwatch at one high point thinking I was the shit, but scared shitless of bumping into anyone else, cos they all thought they were the shit too, all loaded up to the eyeballs and ready to take me out! That was my tipping point, I didn't want to play Dayz to be the big man, I play to survive. So I looked for the hardcore servers, & now its only vanilla for me, even though Im not very good at it!

• Like 2

Hi Guys ,

Great to see a discussion on this like you all I am fed up with the abuse of the Public Hives another great vanilla server is UK410 public vanilla , it has just been upgraded with blur gamings anti hack filters .

Regards

Richie

• Like 2

anyone knows a good full vanilla server, full with about 30-40 people in the evenings should be in europ, so i dont have a +200 ping.

at least crosshairs and names should be turned off and no starting gear like knife, axe, night vision and whatsoever. 

normally i used to play on hardcore server but i cant find full ones, i tried all kinds of veteran etc, but those mostly have crosshairs and im kinda sick to try server, maybe this way someone can help me.

Hi Guys ,

Great to see a discussion on this like you all I am fed up with the abuse of the Public Hives another great vanilla server is UK410 public vanilla , it has just been upgraded with blur gamings anti hack filters .

Regards

Richie

I heart UK410 go on there all the time great server.

• Like 1

anyone knows a good full vanilla server, full with about 30-40 people in the evenings should be in europ, so i dont have a +200 ping.

at least crosshairs and names should be turned off and no starting gear like knife, axe, night vision and whatsoever. 

normally i used to play on hardcore server but i cant find full ones, i tried all kinds of veteran etc, but those mostly have crosshairs and im kinda sick to try server, maybe this way someone can help me.

UK410.

Good server, I've played on there for months (maybe even a year now). It went dead for a while but is picking up again with 20+ players on frequently.

TRUFFLE PIG.

There are some active German public vanilla servers, mostly hosted by spielviel

Not exactly high population much of the time, but they get traffic.

Sometimes the lowest common denominator in high-pop servers can get tiresome real quick and I'm choosy about who I waste my time with ... you can only spend it once.

For those looking for a vanilla/hardcore server I can only recommend you the german private hive server hosted by the GIZ-Clan!

It was the most populated hardcore server out there but we are lacking groups/clans at the moment, but we are trying our best to get the population back up again.

Remember, it is a linear effect, players attract players but someone has to make the start!

If you are interested in such an experience and want a closer look at the features of the server I suggest you take a look on the topic I made a few weeks ago in this forum!

Forum topic

Server homepage