firebear

cheaters spawning gear

considering there is a problem with cheaters spawning gear on different servers, which is accessible by not only them but by other players too, perhaps putting more systems in place to prevent this would be wise?

for example, warning/killing/kicking/banning players who have items that are not yet in the mod.

you see things like this (this one is from reddit) http://imgur.com/a/vS8eY pop up every now and the on the internet, and it is quite a lot of BS that not only cheaters/griefers try to ruin the game, but other players let them by playing a long and actually looting and using the gear that is spawned through cheats.

These guys were caught and nailed-ish.

I believe they're deleting the whole cba_main thing that allows this to happen.

These guys were caught and nailed-ish.

I believe they're deleting the whole cba_main thing that allows this to happen.

yeah but plenty of guys seem to have looted these "chests", even if they didnt spawn them.

whenever i find a rare weapon on someones corpse now i ask myself if i am a cheater by picking it up. q_q

question, is m4a1 cco with holo and grenadelaunch legit? my friend found it on a bandit who attacked him, we're not sure if its an actual dayz weapon or not...

Hackers are receiving database level permabans when they are identified.

1.5.7 has some new server and client side updates to identify hackers. They will be automatically banned at the database level, meaning their game will lockup when connecting to any server.

To those who have emailed requesting clemency:

Ban's are irrevocable when issued

You do the crime, you do the time. Personally, hacking in a game like this is far worse than piracy. You are undermining the whole integrity of the project.

• Like 1

and all those guns still wont help you when a noob with lolwinchester sneaks behind you, great thing about this game

1.5.7 has some new server and client side updates to identify hackers. They will be automatically banned at the database level' date=' meaning their game will lockup when connecting to any server.

[b']Ban's are irrevocable when issued

You do the crime, you do the time. Personally, hacking in a game like this is far worse than piracy. You are undermining the whole integrity of the project.

Awesome, Just a question I noticed a lot of buggy or laggy things can happen on some servers.(known its an alpha not really an issue) Any-chance the game could mistake them for hacks? For instance I cannot connect to some servers with Certain CBAs enabled for some reason.

Ban's are irrevocable when issued

Hopefully people who accidentally pick up "cheated" items from killed survivors won't be banned as well though. Otherwise there should be some kind of appeal system if there are going to be false positives like that.

1.5.7 has some new server and client side updates to identify hackers. They will be automatically banned at the database level' date=' meaning their game will lockup when connecting to any server.

[b']Ban's are irrevocable when issued

Awesome.

Exactly the way this be handled. Thank you!

Where there is doubt we wait for a trail of data. But it is extremely obvious who these people are. One person did it while I was participating in a live stream. His ban was issued more out of his unbelievable stupidity than due to the hack itself.

He asked for the ban to be lifted. His request was denied.

And that's why I like independent "developers" more. They actually deal with hackers and give them the proper treatment.

Would love to know why @CBA gets a mention from so many, who are only supposed to be joining with @Dayz ?

Where there is doubt we wait for a trail of data. But it is extremely obvious who these people are. One person did it while I was participating in a live stream. His ban was issued more out of his unbelievable stupidity than due to the hack itself.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I <3 U rocket.

So, in line with this, if a player is killed and has a weapon that's not in the mod yet and it's picked up and used, we're fine? Personally haven't had it happen to me, however a few people have found some of these weapons on players they killed.

xHawk' pid='15792' dateline='1336761641']

So' date=' in line with this, if a player is killed and has a weapon that's not in the mod yet and it's picked up and used, we're fine? Personally haven't had it happen to me, however a few people have found some of these weapons on players they killed.

[/quote']

If your in doubt just dont use the weapon. I mean its pretty obvious.

But either way I would imagine that these weapons that have been aquired by hacks will eventually be rendered useless by the lack of specific ammo spawns for them correct?

xHawk' pid='15792' dateline='1336761641']

So' date=' in line with this, if a player is killed and has a weapon that's not in the mod yet and it's picked up and used, we're fine? Personally haven't had it happen to me, however a few people have found some of these weapons on players they killed.

[/quote']

If your in doubt just dont use the weapon. I mean its pretty obvious.

But either way I would imagine that these weapons that have been aquired by hacks will eventually be rendered useless by the lack of specific ammo spawns for them correct?

Not everyone who plays knows every type of weapon drop in the game, so it's not as simple as "if it's not a normal weapon spawn, don't use it"

Also, there might have been cheaters who only spawned weapons that actually exist in DayZ. No way to tell wether it's legit or not for a player...

I'm so fucking mad right now, i must farm days after days, deaths after deaths, and meanwhile some fucking idiots are adding themselves tons of equipement.

Mad.

Mad is the word.

I'm so fucking mad right now' date=' i must farm days after days, deaths after deaths, and meanwhile some fucking idiots are adding themselves tons of equipement.

Mad.

Mad is the word.

[/quote']

Well at least you know you earned it yourself. And you won't get banned.

I'm so fucking mad right now' date=' i must farm days after days, deaths after deaths, and meanwhile some fucking idiots are adding themselves tons of equipement.

Mad.

Mad is the word.

[/quote']

Who cares.

Would I love to have a bunch of equipment like NVG's or a nice sniper and an uzi pistol? Yes.

But half the fun is acquiring it. As soon as you start spawning yourself items, half the fun of the game is gnoe, because theres now no challenge.

And once they've spawned themselves items, I expect it's REALLY hard to play legitly and enjoy it as much as they did before hand, because they've experienced the "click click click, M4, NVGs, Coyote backpack" and then they feel like time spent legitly acquiring gear is wasted.

Basically they screw their ability to enjoy the game in the end.

Mad.

Mad is the word.

[/quote']

Who cares.

Would I love to have a bunch of equipment like NVG's or a nice sniper and an uzi pistol? Yes.

But half the fun is acquiring it. As soon as you start spawning yourself items, half the fun of the game is gnoe, because theres now no challenge.

And once they've spawned themselves items, I expect it's REALLY hard to play legitly and enjoy it as much as they did before hand, because they've experienced the "click click click, M4, NVGs, Coyote backpack" and then they feel like time spent legitly acquiring gear is wasted.

Basically they screw their ability to enjoy the game in the end.

Yep. I mean, I just got a M4A3 last night, the weapon I've been wanting the most, and now all I need is some NVGs to complete my kit, it's a drive to get them, and if I die in a firefight and lose my gear (like I have before) it still drives me to go out and get more. If it was as simple as click, click, click fully geared, there'd be no fun, as I don't get my jollies killing random people.

I think if a person has to hack to play a game then they do not need to be playing whats the fun in that. if this was real life those hacker would be the first to die off

Great job Rocket. Glad you have the knowledge you do about coding.

And that's why I like independent "developers" more. They actually deal with hackers and give them the proper treatment.

Because if the big time cash-cow developers started doing this, they wouldn't make any money, and you wouldn't have anyone to play with.

Arma is a bit of a bad student when it comes to cheating, a lot of trust is given into the clients, in order to lessen the burden on the server.

Example: if you play an MP missiong and are commanding a group of AI, it's your client that handle their artificial intelligence. Which gives interesting results when, for example, your server has Zeus AI installed and the not the client (and server doesn't enforce that mod) because then the AI you are commanding behave differently from the server's.

Found 4 cheaters @EU-13 server at around 3:30 (GMT + 3:00). Me and my buddies ambushed group of 3 bandits and 1 survivor, when we went to loot their corpses we noticed they all had identical gear, silenced m4 with reddot scope, 1 satchel charge, m1911 with ammo, blood packs, nv-goggles, some had range finders, gps.. etc.

Some of them started trolling in the chat so i screencapped some of the chatter.

3486EEABECE9DF790589D83527949CEBFE134348

072318F0E2AD95C8D41EBFF1412C00B38FBB45EB

Hoping from swift justice.