Yayyyy!!

Woah, you beat the mods to this one!

Well actually I wasn't going to post as rocket generally posts them

Well actually I wasn't going to post as rocket generally posts them

Hey inceppy

do you like my avatar?

• Like 1

Animations look surprisingly smooth

Except standing/running transitions, those still need work but that's to be expected in alpha 

All these new awesome features..

I mean come on, the Guy Fawkes mask, the Bayonet to open cans.

This not only restored my Hype, but made me more hyped than I was last December.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is all the accessories for the M4, I wouldn't imagine post-Soviet zombie apocalypse to look like a TAPCO catalogue...

ie, why would you need 3 different types of M4 stocks and where would you even find those? Not from the military. Never been a fan of the attachment system in ArmA 3 either. I did expect this, there's no point going to all that work and then giving a limited amount of "attachments"...

Handcuffs are an interesting addition.

The muzzle flash is still too big and Hollywood, I don't like that at all. And it's daytime! The gun has a flash hider on it for a reason, no?

I like the item damage.

That sums up my main thoughts...

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is all the accessories for the M4, I wouldn't imagine post-Soviet zombie apocalypse to look like a TAPCO catalogue...

ie, why would you need 3 different types of M4 stocks and where would you even find those? Not from the military. Never been a fan of the attachment system in ArmA 3 either. I did expect this, there's no point going to all that work and then giving a limited amount of "attachments"...

Handcuffs are an interesting addition.

The muzzle flash is still too big and Hollywood, I don't like that at all. And it's daytime! The gun has a flash hider on it for a reason, no?

I like the item damage.

That sums up my main thoughts...

Cause why not?

All the time they spent developing, why have LESS things?

they started with the M4 because it's the most complicated and has the most attachments irl.

He himself said the M4 will be an uncommon weapon.

Probably the Nagant will be more common, Winchesters and double barrels.

Damn....

Now I'm all hyped up again, anyone got a cure for this?

Also: Those rat animations were Grade A.

Damn....

Now I'm all hyped up again, anyone got a cure for this?

Also: Those rat animations were Grade A.

The rat made the devblog 5 times better.  I think I'll need to go into a coma until SA comes out.  I'm just to excited for it.

• Like 2

Cause why not?

they started with the M4 because it's the most complicated and has the most attachments irl.

He himself said the M4 will be an uncommon weapon.

Probably the Nagant will be more common, Winchesters and double barrels.

I don't like it because I don't think it's plausible to find all these random parts lying around to make people's guns look cool.

"I did expect this, there's no point going to all that work and then giving a limited amount of 'attachments'..."

Plausibility can be stretched pretty far when there are zombies running around, I reckon.

I'm willing to bet you'd struggle to collect the whole set in-game.

Greater variety (and rarity) can only be good IMO. Even if it's not entirely accurate, it adds options.

Greater variety (and rarity) can only be good IMO. Even if it's not entirely accurate, it adds options.

Minor issue. The 10 foot long muzzle flash needs to go though, as well as being highly unrealistic I assume it will also give away your exact position every time you fire a shot. :|

I forgot my password and Matt's on holiday :P

:lol:

• Like 1

Alright, hopefully they are nice enough to add the traditional CDF uniform. I'll enlist my army of nubz, and we shall all dress in the Soviet paratroop flora pattern(lol, I'm an arma nerd to the max), and will run around hip firing and throwing grenades.

Really liked the aproach of this devblog, and really liked how confident Dean said last task is network bubble and good mp performace confirmation, then release, so HOPEFULLY we will se alpha before christmas

I have some questions towards this Devblog.

1. If someone; say it's you were handcuffed and the person managed to take the keys from the person and give them to you, would you be able to get yourself out of handcuffs that way?

1. I noticed the new rat(looks impressive by the way); would they be able to spread diseases?

1. I believe items that are stored in clothing that can be destroyed by gunfire should only happen if it's hit around the 'pocket region' but can still affect the clothing. Will that change at all?
Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

He said "Network Bubble" four times...everyone has to drink a pint.

Starting to look so good. :)