seaweeduk

ZeroSurvival.net | No Starting Loadouts or Donor Crap | Basebuilding | Vanilla DayzMod Chernarus | Rare Vehicles | Rare Loot | Free Hat

04/03/2014

Admin tool update - Made an update to the admin tools for improved logging of admin and client actions.

Item removal script bugfix - [Z.G]Marshall contacted me about a bug/glitch he found yesterday which could potentially be exploited. I have made some fixes to the item removal script to hopefully fix the issue and provide some additional serverside logging.

05/03/2014

Added Admin Kill Messages - Added the ability of for the server admins to toggle kill messages on/off. We have logs of all kills online anyway but its nice when spectating to be able to see them live.

07/03/2014 (from after the 10pm restart)

Logging off at another persons base will kill your character - To prevent people breaking into bases, leaving people inside for long periods of time this change has been made. If you press escape and start to logoff within the radius of another persons flag (150m) you will see a warning. If you do not move away from the flag before you logout your character will be killed immediately on login.  

Flag radius reduced - The radius you could build from your flag has been reduced from 200m to 150m. Please note you also should not build your own flag within at least 500m of another person flag. 

Infopanel radius reduced - Infopanels will now operate all doors within 35m rather than the previous range of 100m. 35m may prove to be too low leaving the bases themselves too secure but we will see how it goes....

09/03/2014

- Crashsite Messages - I've been working on this today, I hope it can lead to some interesting gameplay. I have added the radio item to the game. It can be found at barracks or crash sites. If you have a radio in your inventory you will see messages in the top right hand corner notifying you of helicopter crash sites. 

7p5Dq.jpg

By default you have a 33% chance to see the location of the crash site along with the message. The nearest town/village name only will be given, no coordinates. 

7p5I0.jpg

You will have 30 seconds to view the message on screen before it disappears. You can improve your chances of seeing the location of the crash site by doing the following: 

Build a radio tower (Land_Ind_IlluminantTower) and a generator (PowerGenerator_EP1) at your base. Provided you are also at the base you will have a 66% chance to see the location of crash sites. 

This is my first version of this so suggestions are encouraged. I'm not sure if I will keep the percentage chances so high, especially when squads will eventually have multiple players with radios but its a good starting point. One thing I thought about trying in a future version is maybe using players height above sealevel to influence the percentage. The idea being the higher up you are the better your radio signal is. 

I think this change could lead to some great gameplay around the crashsites themselves with multiple squads racing to get to the loot or camping them. Let me know what you all think!

11/03/2014

- Antihack changes - Some people said they were getting pretty bad FPS drops the past couple of days. The symptoms described to me were a gradual decrease in max FPS over time. Getting a vehicle, opening gear or rejoining the server would result in regular FPS again. 

I added and changed quite a few functions over the last few days but based on the description I have been given I think I have found and removed the cause. Let me know if you are still seeing problems.

(after next restart)

12/03/2014

Helicrash loot changes - Small buff to the crash sites, percentage chance for loot changed from 0.5 to 0.7 also removed a few of the crappier weapons from both crash site tables.

14/03/2014 (after 4pm restart)

Anti Third Person Whore Script - New script I wrote, you will no longer be able to use the third person camera if you are above ground level and in any prone animation. If the admins find anyone using camera glitches to repeatedly do things like look through walls or exploit glitches they can and will kick/ban people for it. If you find a bug with the third person script report it to me.

16/03/2014

Vehicle spawn changes - Eberteby created 90 new vehicle spawn points last night and is adding more in future. I have increased the maximum number of vehicles and tweaked the min/max numbers for some vehicles.

17/03/2014

Loot table tweaks - Radios are now twice as common in barracks, they also have a chance to spawn at general military locations (firestations, military tents). I want to see people actually using these not hoarding them!

18/03/2014

Forgot to post this yesterday

Additional Vehicles and Spawns - Eby added another 70 additional spawn points yesterday. We also found a few vehicles I was not previously spawning and added spawn points for those too. The current max vehicle count is 130, I would rather find a solution to the "vehicle hoarding problem" we seem to be having than continually increase this number though.

20/03/2014 (after 10pm restart) 

- Cleared roads - Great mod from here. The crap that spawned on the roads (often right into some peoples faces as they were driving) will no longer spawn. All non road debris should still be spawning. We plan to add our own roadblocks to some key locations soon to provide people with ambush spots for vehicles etc. For now though just put your foot down and enjoy the lack of washing machines spawning in your face :D 

24/03/2014 (from next restart)

Traps fixed (again) - I fixed these a while ago, then forgot to merge my fixes to an update at some point and broke them again. The traps are back working full again now and even the bear traps should work correctly. Beware I have armed all 9 existing traps! 

Crash site tweaks - Some small changes to the heliCrashEast loot table.

25/03/2014

Bikes Boats and Busses now Reset Weekly - I've respawned all bicycles every Thursday for a while now (as well as repairing bicycles if they are damaged and untouched for several hours). I have now added all boats and busses to this weekly reset. Traditionally busses are used once till they lose a wheel then discarded for weeks until they are blown up. Boats are usually all hoarded by people who then leave them in a corner of the map and never use them. The resets will tale place on Thursdays.

26/03/2014

Zombies Tweaked - I finally decided to change the zombies from their original settings a little. I think zeds in the mod is one of those things that will never be perfect but I hope at least they are an improvement on before. Maximum zombie damage has been reduced, zombie sight has been reduced, visual agro has been reduced slightly and running on a road will no longer attract every single zombie in the area. 

01/04/2014

New Loading Screen - B3ll was kind enough to update the loading screen he made for us last year, he has also made a new banner for the forum. Press ctrl + f5 if your browser is still showing the old image. 

Loot tweaks - Few small changes to loot tables, most notable being NVG's can now spawn at crash sites.

• Like 1

02/04/2014 (after next restart)

Updated Death Screen - B3ll was kind enough to make us an awesome looking new death screen. The mission file is an extra 456kb but I think it's definitely worth it.

• Like 1

04/04/2014 (after 7pm restart)

Player Knockouts Return! - Player knockouts are back, same script we had before with some improvements and bugfixes I have added. You will need a crowbar and to be standing very close to a player to knock them out. The knockout times are randomised now, minimum of 10 seconds maximum of 80 currently. I might add a random chance for the knockout attempt to fail in future let me know what you think. 

Self actions tweaked - Tweaked some of the self actions, bury body and gut human shouldn't pop up at the top of the list any more. They should also all be the regular green colour now.

14/04/2014

Added 4 New BEC Commands - Thanks to some assistance from the BEC devs I've written my own plugin that allows you to trigger a global message on the server. The following commands are now supported in chat:

!crybaby - Display a message warning a player who is being a cry baby about pvp 

!basebuilding - Displays a link to the basebuilding guide

!rules - Displays a link to the rules page

!vehicles - Displays a message showing the maximum number of vehicles that can spawn

Please don't spam the commands, but definitely use them to help new players understand how the server works. I would like to see !crybaby being used especially when people start getting their knickers in a twist over getting killed. 

I believe you can also send the message only to the player in question by doing !crybaby Eberteby for example. 

15/04/2014

One more BEC Command - !time will announce globally the timezone of the server, and if there's day/night. Useful for people who login and ask "does this server have night" "what time is it on this server" etc.

21/04/2014 (from next restart)

Disappearing Vehicle Bug Fixed - Some shoddy code from opendayz was responsible for this one, but it took some time to track down the cause. The mod we added to clear all the wrecked vehicles from the road was only running client side. So the server still thought there were objects on the roads. At certain times the server would see your car inside a wreck which wasn't there for your client and decide to remove it from the game.

22/04/2014 (from next restart) 

New Air Vehicle Spawns - All the old plane spawns have been removed and Eby has made 30 new ones. He has tested all spawn points and its possible to take off from all of them without moving the plane. You might find some quite tricky however, because we are trolls and like to spectate people crashing planes.

23/04/2014

- 2nd Bugfix for Disappearing Vehicles - 2nd attempt at fixing this disappearing vehicle bug. There is 2 scripts that run with regards to debris. The first adds the items and the second deletes them when a player is far enough away. I think it could somehow have been possible the deletion one was deleting peoples cars when they were in the position of the old road debris. I've changed the deletion script now so that it never deletes anything on a road (there shouldn't be anything on them anyway). Fingers crossed we don't see this bug again, let me know if you do. 

27/04/2014

Anti Vehicle Hoarding Script - The client side portion of this script is added now full details here and contact an admin to move your flag http://zerosurvival.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=833

Summer weather - First version, not fully tested. There will be no snow, less rain and less fog (max 0.3 rather than max 0.5). Temperature loss under certain conditions has been reduced. 

New default flag image - I added a new default flag image for the non donor flags. 

M240 on Biplane - The biplane guns make a return, one M240 with 3 100 round mags is the current setup.

Zombies at Graves removed - Heroes farming dead players for humanity caused way too many leftover zombies resulting in lots of FPS lag for some players.

28/04/2014

Bury Body Changed - You can't bury bandit bodies any more, only survivors heroes or ghillies/camo. I've seen a lot of hero KoS, even had some accidental bandits complain to me about it saying the heroes always shoot just first and never talk. I thought it was a bit unfair a hero can just shoot a bandit and see a gain in humanity as a result of the murder so have removed the possibility to bury bandits. 

Strip Clothes Changed - Strip clothes won't physically change the skin of the body being stripped any more. Too many duping issues when the server is under load. Everything else about the script remains the same, the animation is longer now however.

08/05/2014

Small Bugfixes - I fix minor things every day, I don't always remember to make a changelog entry though. 

Improved BE Filters - I've been adding some new BE filters, let me know if you get a random kick, or see other people getting strange kicks. 

VOIP in sidechat kicks - Now you will be kicked from the game if you use VOIP in sidechat > 2 times. The kick is public variable #21.

New Vehicle Added - One new vehicle added, for now it's a surprise