seaweeduk

ZeroSurvival.net | No Starting Loadouts or Donor Crap | Basebuilding | Vanilla DayzMod Chernarus | Rare Vehicles | Rare Loot | Free Hat

Love this server, been playing for over 6 months now, although GTA Online has been battling for my attention recently.

[4:20] will be back online tonight though!

Love this server, been playing for over 6 months now, although GTA Online has been battling for my attention recently.

[4:20] will be back online tonight though!

Wahey good to see 4:20 back see you guys in game soon :D 

The new basebuilding plugin from daimyo has been successfully merged into the main server now. Myself and rosska85 (rosska did all the really hard work) have been working on this for a while now, merging the code to dayz 1.8 and sharing it so others can also install it.

Main Enhancements in the New Basebulding Code

- You can control the height as well as the position of objects now

- No more long keycodes to remember, you just add your clan members to your flagpole 

- You can add all flagpole members as owners of any basebuilding items 

- All flagpole owners can be given access to infostands

- Infostands operate doors, movable roofs and lights, no codes flagpole members just scroll mouse. 

- Booby traps work, and you clan can be given immunity from explosions on ones you have built

- New items to build

- New recipe ingredients, camonets, bricks, string, duct tape, supply crates, scrap electronics

- New placement system to make object placements easier

Some things are quite different from previous basebuilding so I will give a summary here.

Firstly if you have an existing base do no remove any of your walls until you have built a flagpole, otherwise you will not be able to build your walls again

All bases require a flagpole, your flagpole is responsible for defining your bases owners. 

5xPQS.jpg

Once you have built your flagpole you need to add each member of your group to the flagpole, this will allow those people to become owner of objects (so they can remove them when they wish) and also will allow them to operate your info panel.

To add a player to the flagpole you need their uid, you can view this by having them stand next to the pole with you. Mouse wheel on the player and you will see an option to show their UID.

5xPVX.jpg

I recommend you type the UID into vehicle chat as you won't be able to view it once you open the keypad. Select the following option to add that UID to the flag

5xPY6.jpg

Remember to press # on the keypad once you are done typing the UID in.

5xQ0n.jpg

Next, if you have any items that you own, at your base which you wish to give access to to other flag pole members, you can use the following scroll wheel option. After adding all the flagpole members they will all be able to remove and rebuild the item in question. If you add new flagpole members you will need to select the option again to add them.

5xQ2e.jpg

There is a similar option for the info panels (mine says admin but yours will not) the owner of the panels can give everyone else on the flagpole access and they can then all operate the gates, your roofs or your lights. 

5xQ6h.jpg
Edited by seaweed

Fixed an antihack bug that was stopping the infopanels from correctly lowering walls for non admins

I liked this server once upon a time. Seaweed's a good admin. I just have the experience that if you try and touch anyone in his clan, it usually ends up badly.

07/12/13

- Small Basebuilding Bugfixes from Rosska - Tower lights will now work for all connected clients instead of just the person who turned them on. Lighting self actions list is also more organised now with less options listed by default. Tweaks for placement controls on booby traps also added. 

- Two new roofs added - Rosska also added a couple of new roofs to the build list, and updated the images for some of the existing items.

- Burn Tents - I've added the burn tents mod back to the server now, provided you have a knife and matches and the tent does not belong to you you will be able to burn it. It takes 5 minutes of burning for a tent to be deleted, if you somehow burn one by accident just logout and login again. 

08/12/13

- Fixed tent placement - The Dayzmod tent placement code was stopping tents being built close to basebuilding objects in some cases. This has now been fixed.

- Removed SawMillRoof - One of the roofs rosska had added was a bit too big to be a basebuilding item imo and it has been removed from the item list.   

09/12/13

- Tweaks to buildlist - Some balancing tweaks made to the buildlist, other peoples roofs for example are now much easier to remove without losing a toolbox. Additionally I am soon going to update the roofed structures such as garages to take damage. This will mean a satchel charge will be able to destroy one. This is to avoid people using roofed structures as walls and to make hoarding a little harder. 

- Some performance improvements - The massive number of database spawned objects (1000 +) is taking its toll a little on server restart times. I've made a couple of changes to improve this somewhat.

- Additional Dupe logging - I have enhanced the tools I coded to log duping across the server. This gives me even more accurate information on potential cases of duping. 

10/12/13

- Bug Fixes for Basebuilding - Couple of small bug fixes for basebuilding including one which meant if you got out of your helicopter on top of another players base you could be teleported inside. 

10/12/13

- Vehicle Spawn Script Enhancements - Enhancements made to dayzmod hive default vehicle spawn script to add some unpredictability to the state of vehicles when they spawn. 

10/12/13

- Hippy Lada Spawns with Beer - There is a maximum of 1 hippy lada's able to spawn on ZS, this lada now spawns with 10 cans of beer. The hippy lada is my favorite vehicle if you find it let me know what your price is! 

11/12/13

- More Anti-Dupe Code - Added some more additional code to the mission file to not only make it harder for people to duplicate items but also to make it easier to log instances where people are trying to do so. 

12/12/2013

- Improved vehicle spawns - More enhancements to the vehicle spawn system to increase unpredictability.  

12/12/2013

-  New Weather - Added some new weather effects to the server to since it's nearly christmas :D 

5KGdl.jpg 

If people like the script I may work some temperature effects in. I'll probably be tweaking how often and how hard it snows over the next few days so as usual feedback is encouraged.

- All empty Tents and Stashes cleaned up - Probably some more cleanups to come as theres rather a lot of old ones around atm

- Bikes are now all deleted every Thursday - Bike cleanup now occurs once a week, all bikes are deleted and will respawn gradually with each spawn script iteration. We've always cleaned up bikes as they usually get abandoned in the middle of no where once they break. Now the cleanup occurs more often and will include all bikes each time.