Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoKiller

Lagging on a High end PC. on Low settings, wtf?

Hi

I am getting 10-30 fps in cities and stuff with a high end PC, On lowest settings wtf? Yes the server is good, It restarts every 2 hours, Its not the server, No its not my internet, I have a 50mb internet connection. Anyone can help i'd appreciate it.

Ive also set my GPUmaxframsahead and stuff to 1.

specs:

i5-3570k, 3.5ghz(oc)

gpu: SLI gtx 560 OC'd, FTW Edition EVGA

Ram: 8GB Ram, DDR3, 1600MHZ

HDD: 6gb/s, 7200RPM

PSU: 1000W

Motherboard, 

P8b75-V ASUS

thanks

Arma2 MP on normal servers = 60 FPS

SP = 60 FPS

Dayz = 15 FPS, really?

Edited by OrlandoKiller

Yes, really mate. Dayz is extremely poorly optimized and thats due to the restriction of the arma 2 engine. You've got to spawn all that crap everywhere and all the extra things that are not found in a normal arma 2 game. Hopefully the SA will be much better with the new engine. 

What's the server you are playing on?  I mean what is the mod?  It would help in the type of load it would put on your machine.

You have a screen shot of your advanced video settings?  That would help in giving suggestions.  I don't want to go over what you've already done correctly.

I have a secondary machine with similar settings and I get consistent 60 fps in most locations (including shadows enabled).  This is with the vanilla mod.

Geryon Nailed It.

A lot of crap on unofficial servers will eat your frames.

Take a screenie of your Advanced Video Settings and relay them back up here. Thanks Orlando I was s l o w

Post Processing and Anisotropic Filtering Anti-Aliasing should be off and V-Sync as well.

Trees - Having them on (ATOC) Is demanding.

My hardware does not stutter on everything high as possible but still....I lower the settings for a more responsive image

Edited by Loafy

Cool and agree with loafy's suggestions.  Screen shot should eliminate any configuration issues.  Hopefully it ends there and you get a smooth gaming experience.

I believe the problem is the SLI. Turn it off if you can, if not remove one of the cards, one gtx 560 will work fine.

Edit: I heard in another thread that DayZ absolutely hates SLI, but I don't know how factual it is.

Edited by Plexico
  • Like 1

I believe the problem is the SLI. Turn it off if you can, if not remove one of the cards, one gtx 560 will work fine.

Edit: I heard in another thread that DayZ absolutely hates SLI, but I don't know how factual it is.

I did actually try that, No difference.

I actually tried that

Edited by OrlandoKiller

Visibilty - mine @ 3499 ----10,000 seems a little high -.-

SLI could be a trigger for low fps. 

V-Sync - Off

AF & AA - Off

What programs are running in the background maybe your graphics in your Nvidea control panel need tweaking?

I wish you luck in finding appropriate Frame-Rates.

Edited by Loafy

Nvidia Control Panel is on Default settings, never touched it expect setting up my SLI and taking out a card to try if it works better with 1 card, Steam in background and Dayz Commander, thats all

I would try putting the terrain and texture detail to high.  This will make arma2 use the video card instead of the CPU.  You have a good video card so it is possible that you haven't spread out the load between the CPU and video card optimally.  Putting them on medium will make it use the CPU instead of the video card which will put extra strain on it.

Also if you can put HDR quality to high.  It will make playing at night much easier when you set gamma and brightness high.  For some reason setting it to high will make your visibility at night more like a clear black and white TV instead of a fuzzy and grayed out.

Have to agree your visibility should be lower.  Not sure if Dayz defaults to something lower though i.e. may make no difference but better safe than sorry.  Otherwise your configs looks spot on.

• Like 1

Yes agree with loafy as well on the SLI, just noticed it.  To test it out by disabiling SLI.  It should reduce some CPU overhead as well.  Long term might look at arma2 website for SLI configuration and optimizations if it is indeed the issue.

I used to think that dayz was a game its more then that you dont run dayz dayz runs you

Try some of the stuff in on this page   http://tinyurl.com/cu92cc4

I found it quite Useful.... Back when i was running my old pc, went from 8-15 fps in elektro to around 30-45.... 

Some of it wont make much of a difference, other parts will make a sizable difference..... and those different parts are very system-dependent.

But overall, alot of what is in there should help out  ;)

• Like 1

Overclock your cpu to atleast 4.5ghz. You have a K CPU, so put it to good use. 3.5ghz is too mild overclock. This wil benefit dayz alot and rack up your FPS.

This game is so horrible optimized that almost every setting seems to put more strain on the CPU. I tested it on my rig by turning on/off key settings and my gpu stay on 60/70% usage on a 4770k 4.5ghz. 

On what resolution are you playing? Lots of people are forgetting that the resolution also has a huge impact on CPU in this game. Put it lower till you get good fps. I play on 2560x1080 with resolutions lowered to 60% on High.  and my fps is around 40-60 in towns. Wish i could play it on 100% res and on very high but my cpu won't let me.

I recommend you to download msi afterburner to check out your gpu usage while playing ingame. When the gpu usage won't hit the ceiling around 100%, your cpu is bottlenecking.

Edited by monoking

I recommend you to download msi afterburner to check out your gpu usage while playing ingame. When the gpu usage won't hit the ceiling around 100%, your cpu is bottlenecking.

I doubt his I5-3570K is bottle necking a 560....

Oh really? Thats why i told him to check it out. my previous i5 2500k on stock ghz bottlenecked a 570GTX... Worth a try though, Why not! Especially for a cpu heavy game.

Edited by monoking

I wouldn't recommend going above 4Ghz with the stock heatsink, the Intel ones aren't bad but they are designed for the CPU as stock.

Change the server and see if it does anything.

If not, then it's DayZ

Yes, really mate. Dayz is extremely poorly optimized and thats due to the restriction of the arma 2 engine. You've got to spawn all that crap everywhere and all the extra things that are not found in a normal arma 2 game. Hopefully the SA will be much better with the new engine. 

Practically every mission has to be streamlined to work. No supercomputer will run the game if the mission script itself slows down the server and the clients. A clanmate made a streamlined copy of a mission...it ran like a charm. And often enough the provider is the problem, either the system is not strong enough or too many servers run on the same system because the provider wants to maximize his profit.

And running low settings on a strong computer might also backfire. GPUs f.e. are optimized to run better at higher settings.

Edited by Enforcer

Wow, makes me feel better for not upgrading my 2.4 ghz integrated graphics computer! I'm getting 20 fps on a crap system!

Wow, makes me feel better for not upgrading my 2.4 ghz integrated graphics computer! I'm getting 20 fps on a crap system!

His is a special case, if you upgrade your graphics card you're definitely going to get better FPS.