Sign in to follow this  
thunderjaguar6

the scope of dayz

dayz is amazing.

I haven't had the chance to play since my crappy computer cant handle minecraft on minimal settings

but im not oblivious to whats going on.

in previous post I threw out some ideas for the standalone but mostly i wanted to see the mentalilty of a player of dayz.

some studies have even observed the interactions between players in an almost real and dangerous environment with just the general lawless behavior of players in the game,

I believe dayz will do great things.

not only will it change survival horror but it will change gaming itself,

as this game is the perfect apocalypse,the wet dream of a anarchist it shows what we would do when pushed to the limit to survive,

be it the stories we shared,

the popularity of arma,

dayz has changed it.

though the game is supposed to be bleak and desolute it gives me hope that all this started with a simple mod.

so gamers unite under the flag of bohemia interactive.

and as usual stay frosty!

• Like 4

If you are looking for mentality many of us are heros

while some are hermits.

while most are just plain bandits

I am a Hermitish type

I go around looting and if I do find someone I give them what little I normally have and send them on their way

:p gave away a mountain Dew today

why?

because the guy who had a jump on me didnt shoot me (I would have won the fight m4 vs einfeild)

• Like 1

Whilst you're all the Hermit/Bandit/Hero types, I'm the "Burns a house full of people inside for a bag schnitzels" type...but we are all the same here...we are glad you like it...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 1

Well, i'd recommend getting a better computer (if possible) before the Standalone alpha release!

You won't want to miss out on that.