Sign in to follow this  
Doksy

Confusion

I use DayZ Commander and I find it very useful. I have heard that if you log out of a server you can log in and have the same equipment. I know this but I have seen FrankieonPc's videos and he is always saying he logged out of that server in to another one and he has the same gear.

I am just curious how this works. Do you only have the same gear/character on the ONE server or can the same character be spread out across different servers and if so how exactly does that work?

Hope I've been clear enough, thanks.

Doks

This only works for the Public Hive Servers, these servers are connected so your character data is stored, which includes your equipment and items.  A private hive server is not connect to any other server so it does not have access to your pubic hive data and vice versa.

• Like 3

Character data is stored on a "hive". There are two types of hives. The public hive, and private hives. Public hive servers all share the same exact hive, meaning as long as the servers you play on use the public hive, you'll have your character.

Private hives are different. They still still save your character data, but most of the time, they only save it to that server, meaning you can't jump on another private hive and have all your gear. 

Privates hives are usually preferred. They prevent people from using hacked in gear, and most of the time have good admins that prevent hacking.

Also, I would not recommend mentioning Frankie around here. It's a long story, and I'll Pm you the details if you want, but long story short, there was controversy about hacking with him. I'm not going into anymore details.

• Like 1

Alright guys, thanks for your help. I understand but in DayZ commander how do I tell which is private and which is public?

Also I am disappointed to hear this about Frankie his videos are so good, but that's besides the point I suppose I will leave it at that. Not that it is anything to do with me anyway, or that I really care. Hacking is pretty stupid but.

There is a little cloud with an X on it next to the server name, that means it is a private hive.

• Like 2

you can filter by ''hide unofficial'' but somehow there are private hives even with that filter