Sign in to follow this  
racdenis

What the fffuweapon damage??

I like how people are knocked out when shot by snipers.

I'd like it to be scaled so that upper chest shots will 1HK with most gun calibers.

Then make the 7.56 AKM and stuff guns knock out with abdomen leg and arm shots respectively for their importance.

5.56 won't knock you out as easily as 7.56 and 5.56 damage is seriously depleted by ballistic vests.

Chest or rather vital organs like lungs and heart should have a high damage multiplier but not as high as head.

Snipers shouldn't always 1HK abdomen arms and protected chest should remain a high blood loss unconscious situation where there is a lot of drama and bandaging blood transfusions in the heat of a battle.

5.56 FMJ goes through armor

your argument about it is invalid

all rounds are FMJ as far as ARMA is concerned.

5.56 FMJ goes through armor

your argument about it is invalid

all rounds are FMJ as far as ARMA is concerned.

K.

I didn't say it wouldn't, I said its damage would be seriously depleted.

Maybe slowing them down enough for your ribs/ sternum to stop a potential kill shot?

Is there an accurate current  table of weapons damage? Cause if the DayZ Wiki is correct, I think I'll forget about the PDW @ 899 blood and hang on to my 1911 @ 4500 blood.

I don't think any shot that doesn't land in the ribcage or the head should ever kill you instantly. But at this point i consider the ribcage and head to be equal in term of letality.

Gut shots do not kill you, not instantly that is, and neither do any bullet landing in your limbs, they do tend to make you bleed.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

CZ550 should of course be able to one shot, it's supposed to be in 9.3x62mm, the bullets weight almost 5 times as much as a 5.56 and it was designed for taking dangerous game in the colonies... :huh:

Almost never, they should make it so you can't kill people with leg shots (except through bleeding). People don't magically die from being shot in the legs...

I don't think it's fine at all. Lots of people would take an Enfield over it, almost everyone would take an AKM over it, and that's not even mentioning the larger battle rifles.

That's not "authentic", same goes for the 5.56 (4 shots to kill someone vs 1 shot instant knockout from a 7.62x51?). All the damages should be brought closer together for less difference between weapons, that would also fix the weak pistols.

According to the ammo classname in A2, it's a .17 HMR

But I haven't delved into the configs so it may be something different in the files.

According to the ammo classname in A2, it's a .17 HMR

But I haven't delved into the configs so it may be something different in the files.

Yz9wGIw.png

Seems like someone had a tough time deciding between .17 HMR, .22 LR, .308, 7x64mm and 9.3x62mm.

I don't think any shot that doesn't land in the ribcage or the head should ever kill you instantly. But at this point i consider the ribcage and head to be equal in term of letality.

Gut shots do not kill you, not instantly that is, and neither do any bullet landing in your limbs, they do tend to make you bleed.

You can also die from shock though.

I've had shock before and its a strange experience I'd like for it to be improved in the SA sometime.

Ears ringing loudly, noticibly off balance and stuff.

I'm not sure if you could die from that type of shock though.

Edited by AP_Norris

You can also die from shock though.

I've had shock before and its a strange experience I'd like for it to be improved in the SA sometime.

Ears ringing loudly, noticibly off balance and stuff.

I'm not sure if you could die from that type of shock though.

Yes but you do not die "on the spot" from the thrauma itself, unless your brain, heart or lungs just got perforated (there is probably a few other lethal shots but i'm not a doctor).

This has been discussed 2,439,482 times.  

We can all agree that the current mod is unrealistic and unauthentic in the category of damage/ballistics.  

Personally I really don't like the idea of hit points.  In arma 2 people have hit points I believe.   

Damage should be modular.  As in, if shot in the head, the brain "module" and the character will suffer death as a consequence.  If shot in the upper chest the player's lungs module or heart module will be damaged/destroyed.  If shot in the lower chest, a players "guts" module will take damage.  legs and arms will be modules too.  Death occurs when modules take a critical life ending damage.  If the heart is destroyed death occurs in a few seconds.  If a leg or arm module is completely destroyed (blown off) catastrophic bleeding will occur causing the player to go unconscious and bleed out in roughly 30 seconds.  

If a players lungs are totally destroyed (rifle round in the upper chest) death will be quick.  If damaged (lets say by a pistol round) death will not come instantly but the person will die soon from internal and external bleeding and suffocation.  

One thing that probably shouldn't be added is very slow inevitable deaths because that isn't fun.  Lets say you get shot in the gut by a Makarov.  The round tears up your intestines, stomach, and liver.  You are going to die.  IRL death might come after several hours or days.  Ingame this would be too realistic and the player should die much quicker so they could restart with a new character and begin having more fun.  Instead of hours maybe you might die in five minutes or so.  

Vindicator's percentages of lethality

NOTE: I am not an expert and this is MY (likely worthless) opinion.  

The scenario is that you are standing 15m away from someone who is looking away from you.  he is a bandit so you decide to kill him. He has no armor.  You have a *insert weapon*

Makarov:  

caliber: 9x18mm

you shoot him in the head once.

% chance of  death: 100%  (from) brain module destroyed, catastrophic bleeding.

you shoot him in the upper chest once.

% chance of death: 33% (from) heart destroyed, catastrophic hemorrhaging

% chance of survival:   66% could have damaged lung.  Will suffer bleeding.  If bleeding isn't stopped death will likely occur in 20 mins. 

shoot him twice.

% chance of death: 66% (from) one hit to the lung and one hit to the heart causing heart destroyed and catastrophic hemorrhaging OR two hits to the lungs causing damage and then destruction of the lungs causing death.  

%chance of survival 33%:  could have damaged lung.  Will suffer heavy bleeding.  If bleeding isn't stopped death will likely occur in less than 5 mins.  

shoot him three times.

%chance of death: 99%  (from) heart destroyed by a bullet OR  Lungs destroyed by (at least) two bullets OR lungs damaged by one buller and critical bleeding from the other two bullets.  

%chance of survival 1% but could have damaged lung.  Will suffer critical bleeding.  Death likely in 1 min if no treatment received to stop bleeding. 

You shoot him in the lower chest

Once.

Chance of death:  25% (from) guts destroyed.

Chance of survival 75%  but could have damaged guts. Will suffer bleeding and death will likely occur in 20 mins if not stopped.

Twice. 

chance of death: 50% (from) guts destroyed.

Chance of survival: 50%.  could have damaged guts.  Will suffer heavy bleeding and death will likely occur in 10-15mins if not stopped. 

Three times

Chance of death:75% (from) guts destroyed

Chance of survival: 25% could have damaged guts and will suffer severe bleeding and death will come in 5 mins if not stopped.  

Four times:

Chance of death: 100% ( you know why by this point)

You shoot him in the legs (right, left or both)

Once

Chance of death: 0% but will suffer bleeding. 25mins till death if not stopped

Twice

0% but will suffer heavy bleeding.  15-20mins till death

Three times

chance of death: 30% (from) leg module destroyed. and catastrophic bleeding.

if survives: will suffer severe bleeding and will die in about 5-10 mins if bleeding doesn't stop.

Four times.  

60% of death from destroyed leg module.

Critical Bleeding and death in a few minutes if not stopped. 

Five times.  

90% chance of death.  Rest same as above.

Six shots to the leg will cause death no matter what in a matter of seconds.  

Being shot in the arms would behave like being shot in the legs but less durable.  5 shots to the arms would be fatal very quickly.

That is how the Makarov and other 9x18mm weapons should work IMO.

9x19 would behave similarly but slightly more lethal (approx. 10-20% more lethal depending on hit locations)

.45 ACP/11.43x23 would behave similarly but more lethal (approx. 30-50% more lethal depeding once again on locations.)

5.56 and 5.45  would have 50%-100% more lethality.  A single center of mass shot will severely maim and will cause death most of the time but surviving is possible.

7.62x39 would have maybe around 50%-150% more lethality. Same as above for the most part.  Ballistics can be weird here though.  Some times intermediate caliber rifle rounds over penetrate causing less damage.

7.62x51 and 7.62x54 would have 75%-200% more lethality.  Shots in the arms and legs could be survivable (with much bleeding  ^_^ ) but good luck with chest shots.  Survival would be quite rare.

Anything above that caliber would be blowing legs and arms off pretty frequently.  .338 Lapua would be maul folks.

12 guage would be very lethal 15m.   High chance of damaging many modules and causing tons of bleeding.  

Pistols would loose a lot of effectiveness past 50m. Shotgun pellets would have similar range.

SMGs would loose effectiveness between 75m-200m depeding greatly on the model and caliber.  

Intermediate calibers could reach out and touch people out to around 250m-300m

Rifles would still do serious harm well over 500m.  1000m would be a stretch.  (That guy on Electro Hill with a Mosin-Nagant or a Mauser 98 would be deadly.  But why is here wasting his limited ammo?  He won't even be able to get good gear b/c it'll be torn up) .

Okay there is my opinion.  Feel free to critique it.  Also if someone wants to make there own Percentage charts that would be very cool!  B)