Sign in to follow this  
LilBambi

Add the HMMWV Ambulance please :)

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should add the HMMWV Ambulance?

• Yes
    • No

Hello. I think it would be great if the DayZ Standalone could have the HMMWV Ambulance, a vehicle already present in Arma 2.

200px-Arma2_hmmwv_ambul.jpg

Seats: 6

Rarity: Rare (1 per server)

Spawn locations: Near hospitals or medical tents

Additional benefits: Medical supplies spawns inside the vehicle; medical operations can be done inside the vehicle (even while in motion)

What do you think?

Maybe a vodnik... Why a HMMWV?

How would it compare?

Also, I was thinking the HMMWV because the base version of the HMMWV is already in the mod, so it's more likely they'll put it in.

Vehicles wont be in the standalone for a while (from what I hear there's some internal debate as to have them in at alpha release 'as is' (meaning buggy as hell) or wait till they have the new 'system' in then readd vehicles)

Also, they have to pretty much start over from scratch with everything, not just import the 'base model' in.  For Mod, Id say yes.  Standalone?  Maybe if it had either UN, NATO, CDF, or some Civilian markings I'd believe it being there (Since the US Army sells off some of its older equipment rather than pay to ship it back quite often).  I would rather see a purpose built or civilian conversion ambulance than just a Copy Paste military model.

How would it compare?

Also, I was thinking the HMMWV because the base version of the HMMWV is already in the mod, so it's more likely they'll put it in.

They shouldn't have put a humvee in IMO, or a Huey

They should've had the Mi 17 and Vodnik.

Wtf rocket? American military shit in post soviet country?

In Australia DMR kills you...

Oh wait he is from New Zealand...

In Australia DMR kills you...

Oh wait he is from New Zealand...

:P you dirty raciest!

@Enforcer Senseless post is senseless.

Yeah I could agree with the UN version. But as stated, in the mod, not in standalone. I can already see flying a kilometer in the air while driving through bridge...

Edited by Frytek

They could always design completely new assets why use old Arma 2 vehicles.

How about adding a civilian ambulance. 

That would be the ideal.

Because it's implied that Chernarus received foreign support.

Also, the UH-1H and HMMWV were (and continue to be) heavily exported, so it's not exactly impossible for Chernarus to have them. 

I don't get why people assume that Post-Warsaw Pact countries only use Russian cold war shit, because they don't. Chernarus is based off of the Czech Republic (for the most part), and the CR utilizes many different NATO/Former USSR weaponry and vehicles as well as makes a fuck ton of their own.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Because it's implied that Chernarus received foreign support.

Also, the UH-1H and HMMWV were (and continue to be) heavily exported, so it's not exactly impossible for Chernarus to have them. 

I don't get why people assume that Post-Warsaw Pact countries only use Russian cold war shit, because they don't. Chernarus is based off of the Czech Republic (for the most part), and the CR utilizes many different NATO/Former USSR weaponry and vehicles as well as makes a fuck ton of their own.

Yes, but what confuses me is you say they do use former USSR stuff and we only see a Huey and Humvees in the mod? If there was actually large evidence of foreign support why is every dead soldier in an Opfor uniform?

Yes, but what confuses me is you say they do use former USSR stuff and we only see a Huey and Humvees in the mod? If there was actually large evidence of foreign support why is every dead soldier in an Opfor uniform?

Well, the military zombies are actually wearing CDF uniforms, and the mod's helicopter crash sites are USMC UH-1Y's and the pilot zombies are wearing US uniforms.

There IS an Mi-17, an AN-2 and a UAZ, all of which are Russian (As well as a large assortment of Russian civilian cars/trucks).

There's only just one possible HMMWV spawn and a couple of Hueys. 

Is CDF central defence force?

I don't wanna hear about USMC heli and Humvee because that's what I was talking about in another thread.

I doubt the US would be there quicker than UN and since when was the mi 17 in there?

I feel like the American weapons are just stuck in there because its what people know and want to see.

When in reality things that should be more common like SVD and stuff are way too rare.

There's been MI17s for a couple of patches now, think they added them in around the same time as Little Birds (which you also probably have a gripe against).

Chenarus Defense Forces.

Pretty sure this is going to be addressed in Standalone.  There will be american guns because in Arma 2's mission, the US was in Chenarus as a NATO force, the US always leaves/sells equipment when it leaves a country, not to mention outright theft, the black market, and battlefield looting by ambitious civilians (or even CDF members collecting US guns for themselves).

I would agree that in the mod mostly US/NATO guns are added in because of popularity, and that the DMR/M24 should be switched with the SVD (chance to find DMR/24 at Heli Crashes only, chance to find SVDs in Military spawns).  We will have western guns in SA, lets just hope that the majority of guns are post soviet or civilian weapons (I like what I've seen so far in that regard)

• Like 1

There's been MI17s for a couple of patches now, think they added them in around the same time as Little Birds (which you also probably have a gripe against).

Chenarus Defense Forces.

Pretty sure this is going to be addressed in Standalone.  There will be american guns because in Arma 2's mission, the US was in Chenarus as a NATO force, the US always leaves/sells equipment when it leaves a country, not to mention outright theft, the black market, and battlefield looting by ambitious civilians (or even CDF members collecting US guns for themselves).

I would agree that in the mod mostly US/NATO guns are added in because of popularity, and that the DMR/M24 should be switched with the SVD (chance to find DMR/24 at Heli Crashes only, chance to find SVDs in Military spawns).  We will have western guns in SA, lets just hope that the majority of guns are post soviet or civilian weapons (I like what I've seen so far in that regard)

Thanks for clearing things up with heli.

As long as there's no healing function but instead some supplies to take.

• Like 1