mbelholm

Turning off the black thing in Night Vision ?

Hey there

Im playing Dayz with 3 screens and when im playing at night and using the night vision, my 2 screen that are on each side of my center screen, are black doing the night vision.

Is it possible to turn that black thing off ?.

I've added a photo so you can see my problem

- Morten

post-156316-0-67680200-1377200200_thumb.

No, I don't believe you can. I've never used NVGs, but i believe it really messes with your FOV, hence it replicates that with multiple monitors.

• Like 1

Notice the "Black Thing" making your field of view on your main screen into nothing but a circle. That is ALL you can see and why your other screens go black. You can see only straight ahead in that little circle because that is all the goggles show you. Working as intended, don't use them and have a wide field of view or use them and see clearly but only in that narrow circle. 

• Like 4

That is the disadvantage of NVGs. Turning it off would make NVGs superior to regular vision in every night time scenario instead of just most night time scenarios.

well what i do on my server is up to me, as long it's only on my server.

So again, if someone could make that happen, then it would be nice :).

well what i do on my server is up to me, as long it's only on my server.

So again, if someone could make that happen, then it would be nice :).

Not a bug, it's a feature. That is like saying, "I want a button that just nukes all the zombies and teleports the guns and ammo within 2 klicks into my Ural." This is working as it should no matter how you personally think it should work. If you don't like it don't play the game or make YOUR server daytime 24/7 and you never have to worry about it. 

I didn't say anything about a bug ?

And i haven't said anything about cheating or wan't that kind of button - so please stop saying something like that -.-'.

All you could say is "that isn't possible - sorry".

• Like 1

What do you want?  Those crazy 4-lens Zero Dark Thirty NVGs?

I'm gonna put my money on "no".

I didn't say anything about a bug ?

And i haven't said anything about cheating or wan't that kind of button - so please stop saying something like that -.-'.

All you could say is "that isn't possible - sorry".

So, what exactly do you want this for? If it is on your server you can simply reset it to daytime if you want full view? The ONLY reason to have this is so that you can run around at night when the zombies and other players can't see you and you can see them. The required limitation to using NVG is that your field of view is limited. Removing the limit is cheating, you are getting a better result than other players or than was intended by the designer.

Hey there

Im playing Dayz with 3 screens and when im playing at night and using the night vision, my 2 screen that are on each side of my center screen, are black doing the night vision.

Is it possible to turn that black thing off ?.

I've added a photo so you can see my problem

- Morten

I used to have a set up exactly like you and used this mod (or a version of it) to play many Arma 2 scenarios in the past.

Full Night Vision Goggles with clean lens

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6123

Probex