Cobs

How to run up hills full speed

I thought I would share my little known DayZ secret on how to run up steep slopes without walking.  It requires the use of an analog controller for your movement.

Basically you get going up the hill until you get into the forced walk mode where it gets steep, then use the analog controller to go left or right (normally "a" and "d") about 75% of the way.  It kind of tricks the game into thinking you went full diagonal right or left, even though your characters direction has not changed.  You will run straight up the hill at a full run.

I use a joystick for analog player movement in my left hand, and a mouse in the right hand.  It allows for more complex and fine tuned control.

• Like 4

You sir are a revolutionary. 

-gaff-

Edited by Applejaxc

exploit!

• Like 1

I thought this was going to be that stupid zig-zag up the hill, but this is actually pretty nifty! Nice bug find, hope it doesn't get deleted!

i'll keep zigzaging...cannot aim as i want on joypad..

rolling and turning quickly to roll straight up the hill also moves you up a hill quicker if you don't use a joystick

Wow, what a game breaking and revolutionary idea. Jeez I wish I knew about this so I could spend 0.5 seconds less running up an uncommon steep hill.

Edited by FrostDMG

Wow, what a game breaking and revolutionary idea. Jeez I wish I knew about this so I could spend 0.5 seconds less running up an uncommon steep hill.

That's .5 seconds more time you could have to type a sarcastic post on the interwebs.  Maybe hills are so uncommon to you because you never get off the coast.

• Like 1

Thid person - check.

Logging out to fill magazines - check.

Running up steep hills in a direct line - check.

Bring it on, bitches ;)

(Sarcasm - OT nice find, if a little niche for most players)

Thid person - check.

Logging out to fill magazines - check.

Running up steep hills in a direct line - check.

Bring it on, bitches ;)

(Sarcasm - OT nice find, if a little niche for most players)

Yeah hopefully it gets fixed, though it's probably not on the top of their priority list.  I think the magazines thing was fixed a few patches ago actually.  They should also make gamma adjusting at night very slight to none.  

funny! but how Do you contol the other 40 control keys when you have a controler in your left hand?