Sign in to follow this  
delta5

Melee to primary

It shouldn't be much a bother to switch from your rifle to your axe. I hate the fact that I have to open my gear, move rifle to backpack, then equip axe. Why not add a sling slot? Have axe or rifle slinged while the other is in hand.

• Like 1

I think that there will be something like that in SA.  

If you play Minecraft you'll know the little inventory thing on the bottom of your screen.  There are 9 slots and you just scroll to the item you want.  Well, Rocket was showing off something like that in a recent video.

It'll still take time to switch to that item, as if you were switching to your pistol in the mod, but you won't have to put your gun away to use it.

• Like 3

The way the SA will work, basically:

You will have a hotbar, 0-9. Items "On the hotbar" are in your inventory, but whenever you hit the corresponding button, they will act as if you had right-clicked and chosen "Do this action." (eat, bandage, etc)

Weapons will got into your hand/into your backpack (or other clothing item if applicable) as if you had switched pistol-to-rifle (or vice versa), except you can go rifle-sniper rifle-rocket launcher-pistol-knife-beans-pistol, if you forget your hotkeys like me, by just hitting 0-9 on your keyboard.

• Like 1

This is coming in the next patch along with a new inventory system:

myEDpvf.jpg

• Like 3

This is coming in the next patch along with a new inventory system:

myEDpvf.jpg

Wow that looks nice! You can actually see what you are doing now.lol

it would be nice to have some melee weapon being bound to a melee attack button..maybe not all weapons but at least the one handed ones..

As it is, arma only support 1 primary and one sidearm. maybe in the SA as everyone said.

As colekern pointed out the next patch for the mod will have the ability to easily swap between primary and melee, theres discussion of it here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/143419-melee-weapon-quick-switch-helpadvice/

I like this idea. Yet rocket has plans.

Aww look on the bright side, you're bringing up your post count.