Sign in to follow this  
Deuzerre

So rocket... is it Day-Zed or Daisy?

What's the correct pronunciation of the mod's name?

Is it supposed to be said the British way "Day-Zed" or the corrupted American (and maybe oceanic, don't know) way "Day-Zee"?

I always called it Day Zee because it sounds like Daisy, and it makes me laugh.

What is the official stance?

Day Zee. That's how he says it in all the interviews.

Us American's don't think of daisies. All we think about is guns and war, amiright?

I just pronounce it like "days", even though im sure its "Day See"

Devs are American' date=' so it likely follows American [read: correct ;)'] pronunciation.

Nope, they are based in the Czech Republic. Rocket is from New Zealand.

I call it Days lol.

Or sometimes "how far can I crawl through the countryside with a broken leg."

Thanks all. So all guys who say Day Zed are wrong! Who would have thought that true English would be wrong one day?

Devs are American' date=' so it likely follows American [read: correct ;)'] pronunciation.

..aaww what?! not American?....this game sucks now :P

Agreed. Uninstalling.

Actually, this is the maybe reason for the success of the game...break out of the guided mass market.

I don't think they're Czech based. BIS (Arma 2 developer) is Czech based.

The DayZ mod is an international team. Dekret (guy who did the icons on the right side of your screen, hunger, thurst, temperature etc.) is German and last time I spoke to him, I don't recall him moving to the Czech Republic.

Given the Max Brooks book "World War Z", I always pronounced this game "Day Zee"

Same syllables as "daisy" but different phonic timings.

I don't think they're Czech based. BIS (Arma 2 developer) is Czech based.

The DayZ mod is an international team. Dekret (guy who did the icons on the right side of your screen' date=' hunger, thurst, temperature etc.) is German and last time I spoke to him, I don't recall him moving to the Czech Republic.

[/quote']

Very true! I should have added that the Day Z team consists of many volunteers and is a collaboration of people from many countries.

Uh...fail.

I refuse to call it Daisy, which as previously stated, sounds like a Massively Multiplayer Hair Braiding Simulator for six-year-old girls.

It's Days for me, end of :)

I don't know "Days" is something I heard people (usually women) say as short for "Days of our Lives"! Like, "hey what's happening on Days?" Not that I watched it(seriously, I didn't). Although I couldn't think of a more fitting end to a soap opera than zombies killing everyone in their little over dramatic world.

Although I do mostly say Days, I try to emphasize the Z more so nobody confuses my desire to kill zombies with some desire to find out what's happening with Stefano and Patch. Dammit I just realized I know too much about "Days". For this I deserve to find myself in the lost in the woods with a broken leg being slowly beaten by a hopping zed.

[...]

Although I do mostly say Days' date=' I try to emphasize the Z more so nobody confuses my desire to kill zombies with some desire to find out what's happening with Stefano and Patch. Dammit I just realized I know too much about "Days".

[/quote']

Don't worry, at least, you have a way to go back to the light: Nickname your characters "Stefano". Like that, you'll be able to say: So, this time I found out what happened with Stephano and Patch. When he wears a Ghilllie suit, he doesn't appear in the sea anymore!

Stuff like that.

ohh thats why I see sheep all over the place.