Sign in to follow this  
kealthkewk

Suggestion: ammo pack

So how many times have you destroyed multiple magazines when taking the gun out and putting it back in your backpack? It's so what I dislike the most in this mod, just annoying things like that that the devs. (I don't know if it's up to the arma guys or the dayz dev.) don't fix. Anyway I got a suggestion for that, just add another item into the game, something like an ammo pack like a backpack but only for ammo. It would be an item that you would have to find, spawn rate approx. 5% at military spawns. It would remind a bit of the ammo crate that u can find at heli sites. 

I have figured out that you can have a maximum of 12 rifle/shotgun stacks in your inventory without destroying anything when moving ur wep from inv. to backpack, so the ammo backpack would offer another 10 slots for ammo, and you can still have another 12 mags in your inventory at the same time. This might sound like huge amounts of ammo but I think it would be an appreciated feature in the game. 

yes but its so stupid, for an example if you have a dmr in ur BP and 10 mags also in ur BP, but only 5 inventory slots available. You decide to take out the DMR, you never click on the ammo just the DMR, the ammo will also be taken out in the inventory, now thats ok but the stupid thing is that it will only take out 5 mags, BUT it will delete the other 5 mags. just SO FKING STUPID. why even put a feature like that in the game.. 

In a word, no. No extra carrying slots. I don't care what for. You can already carry way more than is possible IRL. If you MUST have more room, get a vehicle.

BTW, I have never lost ammo due to switching weapons. Only the weapon itself. Maybe I just always had the right amount of ammo in the past year of playing, but I don't think that's possible.

Edit: To add, ammo shouldn't magically follow the gun out of your bakpack if you want to get technical about it. You should have to manually move them imo.

Edited by creature

In a word, no. No extra carrying slots. I don't care what for. You can already carry way more than is possible IRL. If you MUST have more room, get a vehicle.

BTW, I have never lost ammo due to switching weapons. Only the weapon itself. Maybe I just always had the right amount of ammo in the past year of playing, but I don't think that's possible.

Edit: To add, ammo shouldn't magically follow the gun out of your bakpack if you want to get technical about it. You should have to manually move them imo.

There's military vest suits with 6 pockets for rifle mags with 2x mags capacity per pocket, that makes 12 mags, and those are the most common. Why is that unrealistic ingame? Actually I find the ingame inventory pretty unrealistic and incoherent, you can only carry 24 morphines in a backpack (I've never seen a morphine injecter in real life, but acording to this game they must be huuuge), but then turns out you can carry 4 wheels also in a backpack. WTF?

why even put a feature like that in the game.. 

It's not a feature, the devs of ArmA didn't hold a conference and say 'You guys know what would be a good idea? Let's warp anything that the player puts into a full backpack into oblivion!'. It's probably just an unfortunate byproduct of another feature, or a bug or something. I'm sure the devs know about it, and hopefully they will be able to fix it in the mod and standalone.