tandwan

DayZ Loot Spawnrate

So I recently decided I was going to do a video to demonstrate how entirely stupid the loot rates are on some servers. Now granted, i'm sure there is something that can be tweaked or what have you but the massive amount of servers that this becomes a problem on makes it the norm. The video is complete but the audio is awful because my voice is very quiet (crap mic) so I won't post the video unless specifically asked to.

The video part you did not see was me running through the south barracks, then up through ALL the hangers, through firehouse, ATC, then to north barracks after running through the industrials. I found 1 M4A3 in the south barracks and 1 1014 on the ground outside. That's it, period, nothing else spawned. No cans, no trash, no random clips or magazines. I did find some industrial loot AFTER I went back, but I didn't check southern industrials so i'm inclined to believe that it was there to begin with. I then ran out the northwest part of the airfield and checked the deer stand which actually had toilet paper in it. I logged out, logged back in, entire process of log-out was about five minutes. I then ran to the north barracks and began filming. Now someone once told me the way to get loot to spawn was to run through, leave, then come back again a few minutes later. I considered this and actually DID just that by running through and out, logging out in the woods by the deerstand and then running back.

Guess what I found?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing in the hangers, ATC, firehouse, nothing at all. The amount of crap there was actually depressing because these are supposed to be HIGH END LOOT SPAWNS and there was nada in them. What gives? I would have thought this was a serverside thing that the loot is trashed due to barracks hoppers, but this is happening on a LOT of servers and not just the one I normally play on. Day / Night, any time of day, loot just does not spawn. Let's ignore the fact by the way that three choppers crashed in the field north of Vybor and South of the checkpoint just inside the gates. In that big open field? Yeah three choppers within 100 meters of each other. All medical. They had been picked clean of course and I would be surprised if they weren't but come on... the barracks?

I would love to hear a reasoning behind this because it's just stupid that the northwest airfield is useless. If you want the video I can show you video proof absolutely no problem. How about instead of adding new things to the mod, we fix the things that need to be fixxed and that players have been begging for since the damn game begin?

What the hell are you complaining about? The zombie apocalypse has been around for a year and a lot of looting has happened. "Oh, I didn't find anything. boo-who."

• Like 6

It happens. The loot spawning system could be done better IMO. But I would much rather it be like this, then run though the NWAF and get full kit. I would like the SA to be more survivalistic. Meaning people are running around with more "civilian" style guns, rather than the High Grade loot you talk about.

• Like 2

What the hell are you complaining about? The zombie apocalypse has been around for a year and a lot of looting has happened. "Oh, I didn't find anything. boo-who."

Yes, i'm going to take a brony seriously... moving right along.

It happens. The loot spawning system could be done better IMO. But I would much rather it be like this, then run though the NWAF and get full kit. I would like the SA to be more survivalistic. Meaning people are running around with more "civilian" style guns, rather than the High Grade loot you talk about.

If that were the case, there would be cans and other garbage laying around. Anywhere. There's not even loot coming up in Vybor. If I wanted to play DayZ Aftermath, i'd play DayZ Aftermath. I want to play vanilla, and thus, I would hope a mod that has been around for quite some time would have simple things like this solved instead of making it worse. But then again, we've had DayZ vanilla up for ever and we still don't have female skins, so shit i'm not really sure what I should expect.

elULAiQ.gif

If that were the case, there would be cans and other garbage laying around. Anywhere. There's not even loot coming up in Vybor. If I wanted to play DayZ Aftermath, i'd play DayZ Aftermath. I want to play vanilla, and thus, I would hope a mod that has been around for quite some time would have simple things like this solved instead of making it worse. But then again, we've had DayZ vanilla up for ever and we still don't have female skins, so shit i'm not really sure what I should expect.

You see, this is a mod that is still in development. The engine is that of a mil-sim, not a zombie survival game. It's not easy to get these perfect loot spawns. They can't have them constantly refresh, or else you will just get loot cyclers.

Instead of complaining, show some constructive criticism in the "suggestions" section. In the mean time, don't expect "phat lootz" every time you go to an airfield. Almost treat it like real life, you can't get amazing loot everytime you go somewhere, even if it is the "North West Airfield". Just move on to other nearby loot spawns.

I'm not a brony, and if you can't explain yourself that's ridiculous and proves that your complains are of no consequence.

Sometimes it's rainbows and sometimes it' poo pies. Got an M14 aim (which i have not seen forever) an M4a3cco a G17 and had to leave some M16's behind on a recent run to the field. Next trip down from the top of the map i got some tin cans an M16 and bandages. A pistol will do me really but i do like to be greedy.

• Like 1

The logic has been explained already: once some loot is spawned in a building, this building is blacklisted for several minutes (10 maybe) for all gameclients (loots around you are spawned by your gameclient). You won't find new loot during this time, even if you go to the forest or if you disconnect.

Bugs are well known. First of them is some time drifts between clients and server : ArmA 2 engine cannot garantee the same time to everyone, so timestamps used to blacklist can be wrong. And if the server is up since more 3 hours, more problems occurs since cleanups and syncs are not done properly. Basically Arma2 does not suit to DayZ mod, since part of the code and time spent by the devteam is try to find some workaround to all these bugs.

So your study is pointless if you don't know since when the server is up, how many other players are in your area, etc. 

I agree about your other point however.

wot

HlAz2S1.jpg?1

hJMsbnJ.jpg

c7zIOfk.jpg?1

Thanks for going on an outdated website, but I'm not a brony.

Thanks for going on an outdated website, but I'm not a brony.

Why do you keep lying to your self?

Just let me check the date of the website, and change my sig, ahh yep....I'm not a brony.

I like you, but seriously, you need to know when to admit defeat. And wake up to the fact that, if you don't want people labeling you as a brony, don't put misleading sig's / profile pictures! heh heh >.>

Why do you keep lying to your self?

I am not a brony.

I think the problem here is the dynamic loot/zombie spawn. Not only have my frame rates been very low since the last patch, but because of the new system the double whammy is that I never get any loot to spawn. If other players come around I get loot and a few zeds. Something in the last patch has killed frame rates, and since my frame rates are low things will not spawn for me. You guys jumped all over this guy but there is a real issue.

Applejaxc and Statik you should be ashamed of yourselves for derailing this topic into your own personal pissing contest. There is an issue here but they way the two of you approached it will leave the OP feeling flogged. Is this who we are now?

For the most effective loot spawning

1. Get yourself to within 200 yards, but not closer than 30 yards, to the building you want to loot.

2. Hide somewhere within that range for a minimum of 10 minutes.

3. Loot everything from the building, whether you want it or not.

Repeat the process until you have whatever it is you need.

If you're not within 200 yards or closer than 30, no loot will spawn.

If you log out, loot will despawn.

It takes a random number of minutes between 1 and 10 for a % of the loot spawns in a building to appear.

Wait 3 minutes, might not be any loot, wait 10 minutes, and some loot is guaranteed.

Let's say its a building with 4 potential loot spawns.

wait for 10 minutes.

2 of the loot piles have spawned.

You can go back to the 30-200 yard range and wait and the other two loot piles will spawn as well.

Once loot has spawned in a pile, loot will be unable to respawn there until you remove everything from that building.

Edit: I believe the only thing that's changed with 1.7.7 is the % chance for a loot pile to spawn once the random 1-10 minute counter has run down.

Edited by TheLastEmp

Very good, theLastEmp, you got it.

The other bug is non empty loot pile : the loot pile is blocked till everything is gone. Since nobody takes empty cans...

I think this bug is still not fixed for 1.7.8.

I would add that stuff on a lootpile can't be spawned if another lootpile is closer than 2 meters.

What has been fixed in 177 for loots (among other things):

1/ timestamp if more reliable, cleaning more reliable on serverside too

2/ spawn is done one after another, so same random number generator gives differents loot item.

3/ a check is performed to avoid duplicate item, such water bottles.

4/ the number of total lootpiles are controled to avoid fps drops.

Nobody knows why fps drops, maybe it's the AI, maybe it's another other reasons. Loot & zombie spawns are done every 8 seconds, so the lag you should get should have this period.

• Like 1

on topic please.

Don't forget that there is a less than 100% chance of many loot spawn points actually producing anything.  Some locations will remain empty for more than one timer cycle, as the spawn chance result may have been for nothing to spawn.

There appears to be some kind of issue which causes spawn triggers to not function or spawn points to produce nothing, or the same item, en masse.  There seems to be some kind of shenanigans in the background with the probability of particular items appearing, which belies randomness of individual spawn points.  Perhaps some of the spawns are grouped for convenience of editing or for performance reasons.

How many times have you been through a village which seems to be inundated with one or two items?  How many times have you rolled through an entirely empty village?  I have seen enough of both cases and they don't look like particularly random events per spawn point.

As for lag, I would say that occasionally I see evidence when a server "shudders" to produce a wave of spawn events, in response to player movement into trigger range I would presume.

How many times have you been through a village which seems to be inundated with one or two items?  How many times have you rolled through an entirely empty village?  I have seen enough of both cases and they don't look like particularly random events per spawn point.

I always attributed this to random number generators running off the clock so if they get the same time seed value they will produce the same "random" results.

EDIT: grammar.

Edited by Fonebook

So I recently decided I was going to do a video to demonstrate how entirely stupid the loot rates are on some servers. Now granted, i'm sure there is something that can be tweaked or what have you but the massive amount of servers that this becomes a problem on makes it the norm. The video is complete but the audio is awful because my voice is very quiet (crap mic) so I won't post the video unless specifically asked to.

The video part you did not see was me running through the south barracks, then up through ALL the hangers, through firehouse, ATC, then to north barracks after running through the industrials. I found 1 M4A3 in the south barracks and 1 1014 on the ground outside. That's it, period, nothing else spawned. No cans, no trash, no random clips or magazines. I did find some industrial loot AFTER I went back, but I didn't check southern industrials so i'm inclined to believe that it was there to begin with. I then ran out the northwest part of the airfield and checked the deer stand which actually had toilet paper in it. I logged out, logged back in, entire process of log-out was about five minutes. I then ran to the north barracks and began filming. Now someone once told me the way to get loot to spawn was to run through, leave, then come back again a few minutes later. I considered this and actually DID just that by running through and out, logging out in the woods by the deerstand and then running back.

Guess what I found?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing in the hangers, ATC, firehouse, nothing at all. The amount of crap there was actually depressing because these are supposed to be HIGH END LOOT SPAWNS and there was nada in them. What gives? I would have thought this was a serverside thing that the loot is trashed due to barracks hoppers, but this is happening on a LOT of servers and not just the one I normally play on. Day / Night, any time of day, loot just does not spawn. Let's ignore the fact by the way that three choppers crashed in the field north of Vybor and South of the checkpoint just inside the gates. In that big open field? Yeah three choppers within 100 meters of each other. All medical. They had been picked clean of course and I would be surprised if they weren't but come on... the barracks?

I would love to hear a reasoning behind this because it's just stupid that the northwest airfield is useless. If you want the video I can show you video proof absolutely no problem. How about instead of adding new things to the mod, we fix the things that need to be fixxed and that players have been begging for since the damn game begin? 

GOT SOME PROBLEMS POSTING, THIS FOLLOWING IS MY ANSWARE: PUTIN GUY Some servers got better loot rate it feels like. I have been at the airfield many times on different servers but only found "sniper" rifles (if that's what u kids call long range accuracy semi rifles) on one specific. And worth to notice is when you are server jumping. If you log out in the barracks you will not find any loot in there when you log in on another server (except if another player has been in the area (100m i think??) recently). What I do is that I run away 150 meters from the high loot spawn and then log out, then the loot will get to spawn when I run against the barrack. I'm not 100% sure that it is like this but it's working for me. Damn my long text that I wrote never got posted (just your qote). Daaah

Edited by kealthkewk