Sign in to follow this  
rooniedoo

Any tips?

Does anyone have any tips for how to be a better dayz player? I keep dying every 2 hours of gameplay and I can't seem to find good gear unless I'm in a group...How do you not suck haha

I think everyone that plays Dayz dies every two hours, i mean like i die every 2 hours so i cant really help

Well it depends where you spawn sometimes, however a good general rule is to head to elektro/cherno and do whats known as a sprint and grab (http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Survival_Tactics#Sprint_and_Grab). Elektro is a favourite of mine as the route to hit the two firestations, supermarket, hospital and office building will often gear you enough to head north and its fast. Hit the north firestation first, then the supermarket, office, hospital, then the second firestation. After that RUN. Even if you find nothing, run. It's not worth looting all the other spawns for the risk of dying. Remember, the longer you stay, the bigger target you are.

Ideally I like to find a weapon (however, you won't NEED one) and the tools needed to hunt then I leave. So a gun, hatchet, matches, knife and water bottle. Once I have that I leg it north, stopping along the way to pick up the rest of a standard kit. Once you hit stary, get yo'self a gun....son 

Remember, all of this is just my opinion etc so take it with a grain of salt and you'll go far 

-When zombies chase you crouch in pine trees and they will walk away "to crouch use X"

-When exploring or doing ANYTHING always crouch walk. Zombies will agro more if your running or standing up. also standing up is a good way to get shot.

-Try to stay out of heavy traffic areas, dont do anything risky unless its absolutely needed.

-Play in third person more, it expands your viewpoint and can be used as a strategic weapon.

-When shooting. Only shoot if your absolutely positive it will be a killing shot. Wasting bullets is a horrible crime.

-Try to find friendly players via skype etc etc. Your much more powerfull with another player watching your back.

Have fun :D

Does anyone have any tips for how to be a better dayz player? I keep dying every 2 hours of gameplay and I can't seem to find good gear unless I'm in a group...How do you not suck haha

I was in that same boat when DayZ first came out, you're more than welcome to join my server and teamspeak, and I'd be more than willing to give you a helping hand and show you around!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144974-wolf-pack-dayz-server-crafting-clear-roads-no-fog-hero-bases-towingheli-lift-many-more-features-the-server-youve-been-looking-for/

TS: ts52.gameservers.com:9314

DayZ Server: 173.192.200.119:3357

PM me if you have any problems!

however a good general rule is to head to elektro/cherno and do whats known as a sprint and grab 

I have to say that I absolutely disagree with this. I NEVER go into Cherno or Elektro. Its just asking to get shot. You can get everything you need without every setting foot in these towns.

I have to say that I absolutely disagree with this. I NEVER go into Cherno or Elektro. Its just asking to get shot. You can get everything you need without every setting foot in these towns.

Yeah, you can get everything you need, but in Cherno/Elektro you can do it in under 10 minutes.. while going to other places and scavenging takes a lot more time, especially if you spawn far away from them. If I spawn by Elektro I'm not gonna run to Berezino to loot instead in fear of being shot, you just have to know what you're doing and not just sprint blindly into the town.

• Like 2

Yeah, you can get everything you need, but in Cherno/Elektro you can do it in under 10 minutes.. while going to other places and scavenging takes a lot more time, especially if you spawn far away from them. If I spawn by Elektro I'm not gonna run to Berezino to loot instead in fear of being shot, you just have to know what you're doing and not just sprint blindly into the town.

This is exactly my thinking. The point of the sprint and grab is to be quick enough that if anyone is watching you that they either won't get a shot as you're ducking between cover fast enough or you will be gone before they get the chance to get an angle on you.

I always gear up in elektro/cherno and I have never been killed in the process. Stay alert, use 3rd person wisely and avoid other players in the area 

-Try to find friendly players via skype etc etc. Your much more powerfull with another player watching your back.

Have fun :D

This is probably turf best piece of advice you will get. I played line wolf for a while and it is tough, and honestly can get a little boring (my opinion, I'm sure others prefer it). You are also much safer! Have a look in the clan recruitment section of General Discussion for some people to team up with. There are people playing most mods of the mod.

Good luck!

I would recommend hitting balota first, then move my way trought cherno, then elektro, then head north.

Always know where the closest pine tree is, not just any pine but those whose bows go down to the ground. You can run in to a pine with zeds on your ass, turn around and kill them with whatever weapon you have. If you wait until they start to walk away you can shoot them in the back of the head, drop them close enough to scavenge their loot all without leaving the cover of the tree. I'm a bona fide tree hugger!