Alysrazar

A simple attachment

Beta C-Magazines.

An EXTREMELY rare civilian drop,

or a very rare military drop.

Simply, it can be used with the attachment system to increase a weapon's capacity to 100, but at the same time adding to its weight.

If they're using the system that I'm assuming, where you find bullets of certain calibers and put them into mags, this would work fine.

Well, to a point.

Edited by Alysrazar

Beta C-Magazines.

An EXTREMELY rare civilian drop,

or a very rare military drop.

Simply, it can be used with the attachment system to increase a weapon's capacity to 100, but at the same time adding to its weight.

If they're using the system that I'm assuming, where you find bullets of certain calibers and put them into mags, this would work fine.

Well, to a point.

Arma already has a system for adding different sized weapon magazines to any weapons that use the same caliber and would actually work with said magazine.

The reason that they aren't implemented at the moment is because it looks really awkward since the magazine is currently a part of the gun model. The M249 can actually support Stanag and G36 mags, but it will still appear to use the 200 Round Box mag regardless of what's loaded into it.

I hope that in the SA they will implement different magazines with different capacities and designs, but it's not entirely important at the moment.

Arma already has a system for adding different sized weapon magazines to any weapons that use the same caliber and would actually work with said magazine.

The reason that they aren't implemented at the moment is because it looks really awkward since the magazine is currently a part of the gun model. The M249 can actually support Stanag and G36 mags, but it will still appear to use the 200 Round Box mag regardless of what's loaded into it.

I hope that in the SA they will implement different magazines with different capacities and designs, but it's not entirely important at the moment.

You may be able to use STANAG and G36 mags in the M249 in ARMA, but that doesn't happen in real life. I hope they implement complete realism as far as using different magazines with different weapons etc.

You may be able to use STANAG and G36 mags in the M249 in ARMA, but that doesn't happen in real life. I hope they implement complete realism as far as using different magazines with different weapons etc.

My point was that the gun always looks the same, no matter what magazine it has in it. I know that realistically the M249/FN Minimi was not designed to support the Stanag style magazine, but it's one of the more notable examples for ARMA.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

DayZero has this, where you can use a 100 drum mag for the M16/M4/G36... Same principle as 30 rnd. STANAG for M249

This might be possible in Standalone.  As said above, currently the Mag, gun, and all attachments are part of one model in the mod and Arma2.  It's been confirmed you will have to find ammo and magazines separately.  I'm pretty sure Beta Mags aren't currently banned (at least federally) in the USA (they were for a little bit but the law was allowed to lapse and wasn't renewed) but don't know if they were exported/how well spread out they are around the world and for what guns they were produced (I only know of the AR15/M16/M4 type mags currently).

From what we already know, magazines will already be fairly rare (rocket said something along the lines of 'you'll cherish them and take care of them when you do find them).  I would imagine IRL a 100 round dual drum clip would be a pain in the ass to reload.  But to be honest, as long as it would be somewhat realistic for Betamags to be found in Chenarus I would not be opposed to them being added in as a VERY RARE drop.

Would be nice.

But in the SA, I would hope you just find the empty drum. I don't want to find full 249 boxes everywhere. I would like to find empty/partially empty boxes and drums and have to scavenge ammo.

• Like 1

My point was that the gun always looks the same, no matter what magazine it has in it. I know that realistically the M249/FN Minimi was not designed to support the Stanag style magazine, but it's one of the more notable examples for ARMA.

M249's can/do use USGI/STANAG mags. This was to increase the availability of ammunition for the SAW, should belt fed be unavailable at the time. "In real life" you may avoid it because...

A.) the spring in the mag rarely can keep up with the rate of fire and can jam your shit

B.) having to fire smaller bursts means you're unable to be used 'effectively' in combat

C.) suppress and move is rendered more difficult

D.) all of the above 

Edited by TheOldManoftheNorth

M249's can/do use USGI/STANAG mags. This was to increase the availability of ammunition for the SAW, should belt fed be unavailable at the time. "In real life" you may avoid it because...

A.) the spring in the mag rarely can keep up with the rate of fire and can jam your shit

B.) having to fire smaller bursts means you're unable to be used 'effectively' in combat

C.) suppress and move is rendered more difficult

D.) all of the above 

Welp you are correct. Although it does sound like a pretty bad idea to use them.