Sign in to follow this  
blanewhite99@aol.com

esp warning and banned by admin

So today i was playing on an overwatch server and was just heading to elektro with my dmr i found and the admin says ''surgical, mind telling me why i'm getting all the esp warnings and stuff?'' I didn't have a clue what he was talking about and so i asked what it means and he calls me a hacker and bans me! 

Can someone please explain what he was talking about??

In case your serous and not bullshitting us, ESP is a hack program used by filthy script kiddies to locate players and tents.  From what I've seen it shows their location on maps, shows way points with their general locations and distances, ect ect.

no i'm very serious, I haven't had the game that long and just started playing overwatch. So in any case I'm not that great of a player yet and especially wouldn't know how to hack. Is there anything i can do to fix this?? I really don't want to have good gear and then get banned 

If you don't have any hacks installed and haven't downloaded anything shady (the old FPS booster scam) then there's not really anything you can do other than put in a Ban Appeal on this forum or on the Server you were banned from's forum and/or find another server.  I know very little about the hacks myself or how they work, so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum on the subject can help you further.

Ditto what BigMike says.  If you are a legit player appeal to the admin.  Worse case is the admin will not lift the ban.  If so then move onto another server.  There are so many out there that it's a player's market, so to speak.  You'll eventually find one that suits you.

If you are a new player I don't blame you getting attached to gear.  Learn not to get attached to it.  It will make you a more effective player, especially in mods like Breaking Point and Overwatch wear it is PVP based and gear is easy to come by.  

If you die grab a SKS or Lee from a barn and circle back and come from the rear of sniper hill in Electro.   Find a hill camper, shoot him in the head and loot end game gear.  Rinse and repeat when you die again.  I'm being somewhat facetious here but I hope you get my point.  :-)

• Like 1

thanks for the help guys :-)  

I think the problem was there was an admin (who was a bandit) and when i killed him i took his gear. I think he may have spawned it in and it wasnt supposed to be on the server or overwatch in general. Anyway, thanks again.

what?

ESP = Extra Sensory Perception. It's a term used for "Unexplainable" (and fake) psychics who claim to see the future and whatnot.

ESP "Hacks" in ArmA allow you to see other players/equipment/vehicles on the map.

thanks for the help guys :-)  

I think the problem was there was an admin (who was a bandit) and when i killed him i took his gear. I think he may have spawned it in and it wasnt supposed to be on the server or overwatch in general. Anyway, thanks again.

You don't raise red flags for having cheated-in gear. Stop cheating.

ESP = Extra Sensory Perception. It's a term used for "Unexplainable" (and fake) psychics who claim to see the future and whatnot.

ESP "Hacks" in ArmA allow you to see other players/equipment/vehicles on the map.

But all psychics are fakes :P unexplained = lucky SOB

I called them fake...

My bad thought you meant not all were fake

Back on topic, 

no i'm very serious, I haven't had the game that long and just started playing overwatch. So in any case I'm not that great of a player yet and especially wouldn't know how to hack. Is there anything i can do to fix this?? I really don't want to have good gear and then get banned 

Not being good at the game is a reason why people cheat, and it's as easy as downloading a couple things (hence the term Script Kiddy, they can't 'hack' anything because they are useless scrubs). If an automatic system was giving the admin warnings it could be an error but that usually doesn't happen. Haha taking things wouldn't trigger an ESP alert, it's either a false positive (in which case the admin might be putting too much trust in tools) or you're lying. 

http://dayzoverwatch.com/forum that could be the right one but please make sure before you post a ban appeal. If it wasn't a legit ban hopefully you will be unbanned.

"This is something what we use on all our official servers to cut down on the amount hackers, nothing is 100% but yea this will stop most hacks that are out there right now. It’s still a work in progress and it’s getting updated often to counter new threats that come our way. We have made a deal with blurgaming.com and work closely with them to have an Anti-Hack that’s specifically tailored for Dayz Overwatch and all its functions. I do want to add that this is not needed to host a server, but it’s something extra that I do recommend you can add on your server if you are having issues with hackers on your server."

So they have a custom anti-hack, it's either doing its job or needs some more tweaking. I guess we'll find out.

Edited by Chris529

But all psychics are fakes :P unexplained = lucky SOB

I called them fake...

It's almost impossible to detect ESP, if you have a bypass and Hangender's antihack doesn't detect it. Admin was probably lying.

^ is a scripter, simple Google searches are the shit when finding dumb scripters.

and he has VAC bans on record :D that's cute

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50634-report-of-hackercheater/

5d5awi.png

not to derail the thread or anything.

Edited by RekliSnipez

^ is a scripter, simple Google searches are the shit when finding dumb scripters.

and he has VAC bans on record :D that's cute

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50634-report-of-hackercheater/

5d5awi.png

not to derail the thread or anything.

Firstly, you should of checked if I was a server admin which I am. Secondly I'm not that person this is me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IHasGoodName looks like 3 people share my name.

Firstly, you should of checked if I was a server admin which I am. Secondly I'm not that person this is me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IHasGoodName looks like 3 people share my name.

Sorry for finding someone with your EXACT name, whom has scripted on DayZ.....

• Like 1

Wow hahhaha epic fail Mr. Admin. You dun goofed. Should've changed yer name after getting banned! 

Chances of someone having EXACT same name even with the EXACT same capitals are minuscule.

Wow hahhaha epic fail Mr. Admin. You dun goofed. Should've changed yer name after getting banned! 

Chances of someone having EXACT same name even with the EXACT same capitals are minuscule.

Really, I've met another person in game with this exact name?