Sign in to follow this  
Kajmari

Are there still a lot of hackers?

I am very hesitant to buy Arma 2 for DayZ because ive heard theirs still a large hacking problem. I was wondering if there still was, because i really would like to play this, but i dont want to waste my money. I haven't kept up to date on the standalone version news. Any questions or clarification, please ask.

Defiantly not as bad as it once was. Select servers have good anti-hacks stopping them from the start. However there are experienced hackers out there that know what there doing and can easily by pass it. So simple answer is better but not 100% hacker free.

If you join a whitelisted private hive, no. I haven't run into a hacker in months. I'd recommend joining musty gaming or BMRF.

• Like 1

Private-hives and whitelisted servers have certainly pegged down the number of hackers we hear of.

• Like 1

Private-hives and whitelisted servers have certainly pegged down the number of hackers we hear of.

Makes me wish all servers were required to have a white list.

Makes me wish all servers were required to have a white list.

Some people don't want to have to go through that procedure.

If you join a whitelisted private hive, no. I haven't run into a hacker in months. I'd recommend joining musty gaming or BMRF.

Could you link to the servers? im new to this but im familiar with white lists. And, what Arma's should i do? I know you need Operation Arrowhead. but Steam has a Bundle with arma 2, OA, army of CR, British armed forces, and Private military company. Would it add anything to DayZ with the extra Add-ons for Arma?

My question is, do the Arma 2 extras (ACR, BAF, and BMC), do they effect anything within DayZ? Or add extra things to find? 

BAF and PMC make textures associated with those two games show up more 'high res'.  For example, without BAF the Military offroad is kinda blurry in its textures and the Survivor model is a bit more 'high def' if you have PMC, other than that don't think they 'add' anything to DayZ.

No, and I honestly don't think there really ever was. I used to play 2 hours a day, 5 days a week (after school and whatnot) and the only hacker incidents I ever dealt with were on private servers. And of that, it was rare.

Could you link to the servers? im new to this but im familiar with white lists. And, what Arma's should i do? I know you need Operation Arrowhead. but Steam has a Bundle with arma 2, OA, army of CR, British armed forces, and Private military company. Would it add anything to DayZ with the extra Add-ons for Arma?

Army of CR is pretty much just useful if you want to play vanilla Arma 2, which is a lot of fun. A LOT.

BAF (lite) comes with ArmA 2 OA. BAF (full, which you'll get with the whole bundle) doesn't add anything to DayZ BAF doesn't, besides (maybe!) better looking guns/vehicles from BAF. Of those in DayZ, there are few.

PMC (Private MIlitary Company) will make a lot of the game look better, I guess. I never found it useful to have PMC (full) instead of PMC (lite) that comes with Arma 2 OA.

BAF:

- High res Ghillie suits

- High res camo clothing/soldier clothing, etc

- Higher res Offroad

PMC:

- High res Hero skin

- High res Survivor Skin

They don't add anything except better textures.

• Like 1

Thanks! Decided to get the Combined Operations until i get into it, then decide later if i want to have the higher res stuff.

BAF:

- High res Ghillie suits

- High res camo clothing/soldier clothing, etc

- Higher res Offroad

PMC:

- High res Hero skin

- High res Survivor Skin

They don't add anything except better textures.

They add HD textures to some weapons as well (AS50, L85, XM8 and so on)..

• Like 1

Yupp, you get nice textures like this:

BUT: only if you have a good gaming pc,beeing able to run the game on high/very high you will get the extra eye candy :)

Pics taken from my FUN server

http://imgur.com/a/fJmUk

EDIT: To answer youre question too, no there are not many hackers/scriptkiddies around anymoore, not on private servers anyway. Often private servers have custom/added extra antihack.

Edited by John69

Maybe in addition to white-listing players.....we should be white-listing (and black-listing) servers as well, since so many are being hosted by the same idiots that have been scripting and DDDOS-ing the game since it began.

Servers that actually enforce their rules regarding combat-logging would make my white-list...if it's Eve possible to verify and enforce that kind of thing (it often isn't).