Marcarco

Stuck in debug forest with good gear

In short

I've been running around in vybor, killing zombies with my M249

After the server went off-line/restarted, i waited a bit to join a other server.

Once i logged back into the game, i got ported into the debug forest.

People tell me that the only quickest way to get out of there is respawning.

Like hell i'm doing that.

[attachment=1223]

Ugh' date=' looks like i'll be stuck forever.

[/quote']

same here man,i just reinstalled dayz, ill tell ya if it helps

if u have an M249 im guessing you have a compass? either way the debug forest is on the map just off to the west side. just start walking east and you will most likely appear west of Kamenka in the bottom left of the map. you save all your stuff and its only a 10/15 minute walk. if you can see trees then your not far away from something of note like a town or a road etc. its when you get spawned in the debug desert that its really shit. latest spawn point in the debug desert (no trees or bushes or anything except maybe the odd animal) if this happens u need to have alot of food and water and just start running south east untill you hit either the coast or the trees. i did it this afternoon as i didnt want to reset my character also and it took me 1hour 40 mins of running in a straight line to finally reach the map. i went through 3 bottles of water and 3 cooked meats to keep me alive for the journey tho, so i hope if u take the long walk u have the supplies to keep you going

I've located myself, not west side but east. 999 blocks away from the living, thats like 2 hour non-stop walk.

try updating via the six updater which what i just did right now

1. open up six updater.

2 go to the mods tab.

3 scroll unil you find @dayz it should be in alphabetical order

4. right click @dayz, updater actions, install or update mods. ( you may need to do this more than once so that both expansion/beta and @dayz are installed)

5 if all goes right the status should change to a green skip.

I recently had your problem and maybe more all i had to do was update

you will still have to walk to civilization because you logged off in the debug forest

That still doesn't help me with the fact that i am stuck in the debug area, besides: I rather do it manually.

Yep same with me I can see them losing a lot of players is this aint fixed Stuck in Debug forest i have all latest updates started new profile and still there what happened to survivng starting on a beach somewhere all my mates have it to that will be like 100 of us stopped playing if it is not sorted :. shame as this game used to rock ...

I feel the pain man, I got the same area only I only all of my gear so even if I made my way out it would had been pointless... losing good gear just because of a bug sucks but I suppose there is nothing we can do about it. So say goodbye to your M249 and Night Vision Goggles and I said goodbye to my AS50 and Night Vision Goggles.

Alright guys I have a couple of issues that I suppose this would be the best thread to post about in. First off I have spent the last three days installing and re-installing all of the arma II combined operations games(Arrow and II) as well as Battleye multiple times. I have reinstalled the beta patch twice and currently have all of the latest @dayz files correctly pathed as near as I can tell. However even with all of this I have never once been able to join a server correctly. I spawn in either the debug forest or dessert every single time with either a backpack with painkillers, flashlight, and bandage or nothing at all. It varies every time I respawn. Secondly I have ran all the way out of the debug forest multiple times and reached two or three different towns. Every single building I approach I am unable to open a single door or interact with any object ie. pick up or search dead bodies and there are also absolutely zero zombies in every town I travel through. Any help would be much appreciated.

This bug really needs attention, I agree with you guys, And I truly sympathize with ya, the past 2 nights in a row I have been spawned in the debug hill/grass lands...Very disruptive to any kind of testing, I don't want to hear another smart ass remark about "re-spawn/start over" I have no problem re-spawning and heading back to testing, but when it's constantly happening the contiguity of the testing process becomes futile.

Its very frustrating, But its all within the boundrys of a beta & testing. Please, Fix the reported pitfall bug.

After a day of playing just fine I all of a sudden started spawning into the debug area.

Tried at least 20 servers both US and EU and everything in between.

earlier it was intermittent and I would sometime spawn where I logged out but get kicked for some reason from the server. and then tried to log in and I would be in the debug area.

just blue tac your "w" key and head east.

come back to your pc in about 20min and I guarantee you'll hit somewhere near zelenor

Almost everybody who spawns out there arent using the Arma beta patch.. People really should read up on that and get it..

I got the Beta patch and still spawned out there and also lost all my gear.

It's not me being too stupid to install a beta patch but rather the Hive fucking up my character.

Just install Sixupdater and let it handle the updating and beta patch, no i'd rather do it manual stuff, the program is bloody fantastic. I used to do all of it manual and now ill never go back after using sixupdater.

Still in the forest? I just looked at the tips in the debug forum topic in the bug forum and they said to connect to canada 2, and then walk straight ahead untill you reach some houses.

I told myself thats never going to work, but i tried and holy crap on a stick it did work. I spawned in the forest and walk straight ahead for like 5 mins, over a hill and i reached a little village called... Pavlovo! Pretty familiar territory for me, raided a few deer stands while i was at it, killed some zombies and i logged off for lunch.

Try it, otherwise wait for tomorrow for the patch and start over.

This is so bad.. It now happend to me the third time, and the worst part is, i lost all my gear every time. I had ghillie suit and was on my day 8-9, had all tools worth mentioning and NV.

I host a server, but unsure about continuing with that, since theese bugs kills the game. =(

Do any1 know if there is anyway to get my hard earned gear back?

I use sixlauncher, thought this wasn't supposed to be happening unless u manually updated?

Here is how to get out of the debug field the easy way:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=31784

Hmm, i've tried doing the easy way, but i guess my gear is lost for good.

Havent spawned in debug forest, without losing all my gear once :/

Guess that's it for me, it's beyond my comprehension, they didn't fix it yet, they had a fix for it since the 22/6, no wonder alot of ppl stopped playing.

If they are busy hyping it, they should at least have released 1.7.1.6 as hotfix.