MasterShak3

Why does everyone complain about night time?

I'm all out of beans, but thanks for sharing Yorkie.  I always loving hearing those kinds of tales.

Night time is good... Though ruined by gamma abusers.

Would rather play at night time than during the day.

I turn up my gamma and see no noticeable drop in awareness. People are just cowardly. Great time to loot high value shit though.

I turn up my gamma and see no noticeable drop in awareness. People are just cowardly. Great time to loot high value shit though.

If you turn your gamma up and brightness you gain an unfair edge over legit players. You can see much better using this...

To me, turning up the gamma is no fun. If your going to do that why not just play on a day time server? 

because if i wanted to stare at a completly black screen id just leave my monitor turned off..

NO sale on dayz Night..

i simply either wont play on anything other then 24/7 day or when the server gets darkish, i log off to another..

/endthread.

sorry but theres nothing fun about complete black..

Flares. Chemlights. Torch. Chems and flares are one of the most common item spawns, How is it complete black ? Y u no make sense.

• Like 2

A lot of people complain about the pitch black, but guess what?  That's what real life is like.  After Hurricane Sandy, my town had no power.  It was black as ass once the sun went down.  You couldn't see someone right in front of you without a flashlight.

I love the atmosphere of playing DayZ at night.  Nothing but the glow of chemlights or road flares or maybe a flashlight to guide you.  On the private server I played on with 500 cars, the addition of the coast road illuminated by the headlights of shot-up cars or seeing a pair of headlights coming over the hill added an extra sense of dread.

Even NVGs gives you a weird claustrophobic feel.

Problem is it sort of sucks to play at night.  Any light will attract bandits and it's just too easy to careen into a zombie and catch zombie AIDS.  Plus it gets tedious trying to get around in the dark not using any lights.

That's why I think the Standalone needs an accelerated day/night cycle.  People might be more inclined to spend 40 minutes trying to get around in the dark, instead of just switching servers.  

• Like 2

That's why I think the Standalone needs an accelerated day/night cycle.  People might be more inclined to spend 40 minutes trying to get around in the dark, instead of just switching servers.  

I actually hope they don't.  I enjoy the real time aspect of DayZ.

Ok, I forgot how freakin scary it is at night.  I just logged into my favorite vanilla server on the hills overlooking the factory on the coast by Kamarovo.  It's too dark to move, and I'm pretty well geared up, so I just sat there watching people with my binocs.  Every few minutes, some player would come by light up the factory with a few road flares or chemlights and try to loot it.  Some got through.  Others, not so lucky. 

A couple of thoughts:

It is really intense sitting there in the pitch black with the wind whistling around you watching people 500m away moving around by roadflare. 

It's lucky for them that I'm not a bandit douche.  And that I'm using an M14 AIM, not a DMR. 

Seeing other players half a klick out who have no idea that I can see them freaks me out.  It makes me wonder whose watching me right now!

Edited by bfisher

Seriously, not many games actually allow you the option of stealth at night like Arma does

I love it

• Like 2

I think nighttime is awesome, now that you can see things really easily I like night time even more than I used to. :D