Sign in to follow this  
Dagwood

M4HOLOGL

Found one of these bad boys while looting the south barracks yesterday. I have 2HE rounds and one smoke. Any suggestions on what I should do with this new toy?

And when that gets boring: blow stuff up.

By the way, bragging doesn't get you anywhere. A lot of us other players have found better loot.

Prove you are a badass by giving it away and telling whoever you give it to "I don't need it, all I need is this trusy Lee Enfield."

Or you can let the military weaponry compensate for something...

• Like 1

Ya... My tiny manhood won't allow any "giving-away" of military gear.

My OP was a bit vague. I'm more curious as to what the HEs are effective against (buildings, cars, trees). Cause I hate the blurriness of the holo, and if I can't realistically implement the GL, I'm going to seriously miss the sight on the cco I dropped.

Also, does anyone know how to toggle between the smokes and HEs with the F key? As of now it just randomly loads one or the other when I load the M203 after equipping it.

Roll mouse wheel, reload different kind of ammo.

Do you really need us to tell you what do do with a gun...?

First you need to have the gun switched to grenade fire mode with the "F" key, then you roll the mouse wheel and it will give you the option to load any other M203 rounds you may have.

Seriously though, if there is any part of this game you feel you don't know how it works or are not used to, play some ArmA2. I found nothing improved my DayZ combat skills more than just getting into an all-out war in ArmA. Lets face it, the controls are complicated and quite cumbersome to the uninitiated (if not the heavily practiced...). When playing DayZ the player encounters are not frequent enough for one to become proficient in combat.

I recommend playing the Warfare game mode, lots to do easy to get heavily armed and great practice for the mechanics of the game.

When an apocalypse is upon us, those already tested in heavy combat will have a measurable advantage over the uninitiated.

Grenade launchers are best used to clear rooms/buildings. Firing at a guy running in a field makes scoring a hit quite hard. Pegging a player holed up in a corner is very easy by contrast. 

• Like 1

Infantry and vehicles. If you hit a vehicle, you will bust it's wheels, and it inflicts ridiculously good damage on players. Can be a lifesaver sometimes.

Enough HE rounds on a building will eventually destroy it, but I'm not sure how many it would take.

Against vehicles, the HE rounds are super effective.  However, destroying a vehicle also means you can't steal it for yourself.

I tend to lob 203's through windows and doorways when I know there is a player inside camping out.  The range of the explosion is pretty significant and it has definitely kept me from putting myself in harms way on a number of occasions.

• Like 1

Ya.... I only hangout on here when I'm at work and can't actually play the game.... I.... I don't know how to literally place a picture of beans on here and send them to you..... I'm so ashamed

Just got a double kill on two trapdoor bandits. Doing just what you said. So much awesome

Dude...click on Last Emp's "you have my beans" lower right hand corner

On this here phone it just says quote. He'll survive without beans

I beaned 'em for ya. Yeah the forums on the phone are tough. It always starts you at the end of a topic, which can be hell if it is 20 pages long and you were just trying to get a clue what the big idea is.

Glad you wasted 'em with the M203. Had so many good things I never got the chance to use...

Thanks for the beans fonebook :P

I understand about the phone thing... I've tried accessing the forums on my phone before.  Kind of a pain.

Glad you were able to make good use of 'em! :D

Also the grenades will very easily break legs + knock them unconscious even if you don't get a lethal hit.

I know exactly what you should do with it!

Go trade the gun with a another player for a gun.

Then shoot the player and take your gun back.

Now you have two guns! =)

Already got an m24. And of course now is when I'm finding l85s, fal, falnv, g36k, dmr, etc. All of that last night. Kinda wish I'd taken the NVFAL just for kicks. And the fact that it looks awesome.

Kinda wish I'd taken the NVFAL just for kicks. And the fact that it looks awesome.

And the fact that it's the best damn nighttime weapon in the game, hands down.

I love me some FNFAL