Sign in to follow this  
fosr

DayZ Standalone - Co-op Mode

Co-op Mode  

39 members have voted

1. 1. You want a Co-op Mode?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm Bandit, I will drink from your skull!

In the future, maybe Rocket consider add a Co-op Mode in DayZ Standalone? I hope that... 

In the future, maybe Rocket consider add a Co-op Mode in DayZ Standalone? I hope that... 

DayZ already is as Co-op as you want it. Work together if you want, don't if you want to play alone.

How would you see such a mode added? 

• Like 2

DayZ isn't already coop?  :huh:

If you mean spawn with friends etc I say no play it like a man and find each other the old fashioned way.

Edited by Chris529

Voted no, Dayz is a multi/sandbox which makes it exactly what you make of it with or without friends.  If you are requesting L4D co-op side by side missions without the quality and content in dayz I'm sure you may find it in the numerous lack of anything past 3 hours of gameplay over the counter titles. 

Steak

Edit: voted no

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

If they ever made a Single Player/story version of Standalone (not talking about a mod) I would be for a Co-op mode.  Highly doubt that's going to happen (at least for a LONG while) so...nope (at least in the way everyone ((including myself)) is interpreting what you want in 'co-op' mode).

I voted yes but I don't know exactly what you mean by a Coop Mode. I would say "yes" to "my" Coop Mode. Not about eliminating friendly fire, or free teleports for anyone, nor any team chat (unless it's supported by some realistic way like radios, and even with this should be interfered). But I would say yes to a coop-mode which shows up nametags when I aim at my friends (compensating the lack of facial recognition), or a coop mode that shows up in my journal, and if the game has some interactive elements (like locked doors, or locked cars) then some sort of coop-mode/clan-mode/team-mode is a must to know whos able to use the car and who's not (as long as this still can be bypassed by some ingame mechanism that takes a little more time than just turning on the car).

But for anything else, its a 'no' from me.

If you mean as in 4 of your friends team up on your coop server, it would be boring.

It would get boring with no player - player interaction because that makes DayZ intense even if its a shoot out or a quick hello.

Totally no idea what you are actually suggesting, but seeing as i can't think of any type of co-op mode that i would want in dayz i voted no.

Edited by Fluxley

Im not quite sure what you mean here. If you mean a mode without pvp, then no. The thing I love about DayZ is that you never know if someone is going to shoot you in the back or ask to form a clan.

If the game had a single player campaign with scripted missions like ARMA2 does, with only limited player slots then yes I think it would be nice to have co-op there.  But in a large open, sandbox, mmorpg-lite kind of game then it's probably not a good idea.

My suggestion would be if you want to play with friends is to group up then spawn into the world and have your group spawn within a couple of miles from each other on the beach. Kind of like being ship wrecked you would make your way to shore but not side by side.

To help group up after someone dies having a simple marker on your map showing where the other group members are so you could regroup.

My suggestions are based on your group using in game communication like radios and not Skype or vent.

Edited by Mouse_73

Think it would be cool if there was a co-op mode with a much harder environment so you have to work together to survive, or some kind of system that would allow players who run into each other to play together without the paranoia that they might kill them when they turn their back. I enjoy DayZ as it is, but the reason why I bought the game was for that shits hitting the fan zombie apocalypse feel, which I don't really get with DayZ. When I approach a town/city I'm looking out for players, the only threat zombies pose to me are revealing my position to other players. Don't really want to get into a "what DayZ" should be fight since that's not really up to me, but the developers.