AP_Norris

Life flashing before eyes when dead?

When you lye dead leaving the NW airfield barracks, instead of going right to a you are dead screen you get a few pre recorded flashbacks triggered at random moments in your life sometimes when your with a lot of players or shooting somebody or reaching and looking at a significant landmark or place or randomly generated ones dependant on your preselected specialty.

I think it would be cooler than a glitchy looking leader board and a swim in water followed by you are dead.

I know little about programming so don't get angry if its near impossible :)

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

It's good idea but it wouldn't work. how it supposed to be implanted it doesn't really sound possible.

• Like 4

Pretty sweet, I like it, actually ALOT, but if had like a month old survivor would the flashback be like a short film?

And the more recordings "triggered" would it become more laggy, and I don't think some people's computers can store all the filf while running a CPU hogging game

• Like 2

It's good idea but it wouldn't work. how it supposed to be implanted it doesn't really sound possible.

How do games like halo have theatre mode where you can edit and save clips then?

Edited by AP_Norris

Pretty sweet, I like it, actually ALOT, but if had like a month old survivor would the flashback be like a short film?

And the more recordings "triggered" would it become more laggy, and I don't think some people's computers can store all the filf while running a CPU hogging game

I was thinking it would delete stuff that wasn't as big.

First beans might be shoved out for first Mountain Dew for instance.

Maybe... It could even show your death through the killers eyes?

The flashbacks should be a large selection and really never go over 30 seconds... Ever.

That's a good idea. There should be symptoms before dying such as hearing yourself breathing, collapsing to the ground then your vision slowly fades to a black or white.

Rocket has said after you die, you can see your statistics on how you have done while you survived so with visions of where you were wouldn't really help out.

• Like 2

I think, that a note should be able to be written after you die...

Ultimate rage at the guy that killed u everytime.

• Like 1

Ultimate rage at the guy that killed u everytime.

Haha...

Day 1: That sniper is hiding behind the mill. I think he's Russian or something...

Day 2: Got shot again, I doubt it's that Russian guy though...

Day 3: Died trying to get my gear, heard a Russian voice again...

Day 4: IM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF YOUR SHIT YOU RUSSIAN ASSHOLE!...

Day 5: LOOK! EVERYONE THINKS IM A NAZI! OKAY! BUT JUST LET ME GET MY BEANZ! YOU...*Cries*

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 3

Kind of neat, but in order for that to happen, they would need to impliment a program that records a player 24/7 and somewhere stores this footage. Not possible, not gonna happen, not worth it.

• Like 1

Spawn on the beach...bang.. die on the beach... VERY short flashback

• Like 1

Spawn on the beach...bang.. die on the beach... VERY short flashback

It could be pre infection flashbacks or before the events of his spawning in, like a Docter getting his degree at Chernarus university.

Then he sees a dead patient come back from the dead attacking his colleagues.

Another if him in a car with his wife he looks over and they slide off into a power pole zombies reach in he try to pull her back but she be bit :o he holds her close and try to start car again doesn't work D: he kicks the door open pushing zombies out of way and starts running down the shoreline.

I think, that a note should be able to be written after you die...

To the first schmuck and/or asshole that killed me, I bequeath all the possessions on my cold dead body.

• Like 2

To the first schmuck and/or asshole that killed me, I bequeath all the possessions on my cold dead body.

Fan-C

• Like 1

Cool idea, if it can be done. If not, could u turn into a ghost for a minute or so to pester the living? Depending on the time u survived before your demise, the ghost could range from weak apparition to strong screeching-slapping banshee like b#$@.

• Like 1

You should see parachuting cows after you get a hit from morphine

• Like 3

What if every time you log in it takes a screenshot, when you die it cycles through the images from first login.

• Like 1

What if every time you log in it takes a screenshot, when you die it cycles through the images from first login.

Anything that can actually be done to sorta make this happen.

I looks like a lot of people like the idea, it doesn't necessarily have to be video and steam already takes screenshots, maybe server goes hey your looking at a whole bunch of people or your looking directly at this big ship you may possibly decide to inhabit and takes a screen for you, or a small series in the following minutes.

Is anybody tight with Rocket or another dev that can bring this to consideration? I'm sure they'd have the best judgement of work/ reward, usage/ gimmick, if it is in any way possible...

How do games like halo have theatre mode where you can edit and save clips then?

To put it quite plainly, Halo does not handle anywhere near as much data as DayZ. Unfortunately I feel like this type of idea would be very low priority right now in terms of development, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one. It's just impractical currently as it seems to be purely aesthetic in nature, i.e. provides very little in the way of gameplay.

• Like 1

To put it quite plainly, Halo does not handle anywhere near as much data as DayZ. Unfortunately I feel like this type of idea would be very low priority right now in terms of development, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one. It's just impractical currently as it seems to be purely aesthetic in nature, i.e. provides very little in the way of gameplay.

I know what you mean, I would never want them to hold back the games release by several months just to slip this in.

But if sometime by someway it is possible would at least like some decent dev exploration of the idea I'm sure they have some sort of big idea session every few weeks or something.

Kind of a waste of time for the developers. Maybe in the future when everything big is finished and improved, but definitely not anytime soon. 

• Like 1