Sign in to follow this  
braddd

Just bought?

Well i just bought the arma 2 and the other one in the bundle when i installed dayz it loads up but i can't enter games and when i do i just don't appear well my character sometimes i appear as a bird now and again i appear as like nothing.. i do get errors when loading the game i'm not sure what it says something about cfg is need to run cfg. whatever but its srsly laggy aswell.

Now i'm getting tons of errors and not being able to play as i keep spawning as a bird i'm getting errors when i go to enter a game it will say like does not exist cfg/mm556 or whatever i believe it may be pointing to guns.

okay are you using steam versions of the games 

if you are do this 

close steam
start steam in admin (right click and run as administrator) 
right click on arma2 and properties then local files 
click on verify integrity of game cache <-- do it twice 

and do the same for arma2 oa and any dlc you own 

run arma2 to the menu 
and do the same for arma2 oa and any dlc you own 

reinstall the beta patch and dayz 

if you have retail versions of the game make sure arma 2 is running at 1.11 and arma2 is running at 1.62 <-- without the beta patch running

you can check these by launching both games to the menu and then looking in the bottom right hand corner 

if all this is done and you're still having these errors pleas go to C:\Users\YOUR USER HERE\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\

delete everything in that folder and keep the folder open start dayz and try to load into a server when you get disconnected exit dayz and find the file in that folder called "ArmA2OA.RPT"  upload that somewhere and link the file here so we can see if your getting errors 

(appdata is a hidden folder in your user files)
Edited by AmberHelios